Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Wednesday, August 04, 2010:
Guest spotlight: Natasha
Twitter, you've really introduced me to a lot of interesting and fun people, and for that I'm grateful. Natasha here is another one that I met through you, and that makes me happy :) I feel that there's so many good friends I met because of you. Here's another one now. Come get to know the lovely Natasha from Canada. I'm so happy to have her here today :)

Stacy: Feel free to tell us about yourself: name, background, etc. Are you a reader/blogger/writer?

My name is Natasha A. You may have seen me around the interwebs. I'm a full time library clerk, part time library tech student, wife, mom to two fur babies, crafter, baker, and candlestick maker. I consider myself a newbie blogger, even though I have been blogging for years.

Do you have a blog? What is the name/link and how would you describe your blog?

The blog I am currently working on started up in January and has been a work in progress since. I think I am just now finding my balance and really starting to enjoy myself. There I talk about the crafts that I attempt to do, the cooking I try to kill my husband with, and most importantly? The books that I devour!!! Oh, and I occasionally do a montage of my fur babies (my two kitties – Dot my girl and Dash my boy). My Disorganized Ramblings

What book(s) are you currently reading? Would you recommend it?

I've just picked up Nicole Peeler's Tempest Rising. I absolutely love it and I can't wait to get to #2 - Tracking the Tempest.

What is your most anticipated soon to be released book?

Oh boy. Is this where I confess that I don't keep track of that? I don't keep a TBB list. I use other bloggers and twitter to remind me of books coming out that I need to get. Ok, ok, if I had to pick one? I've already pre-ordered Maya Banks' The Darkest Hour.

What's playing nonstop on your iPod rotation right now?

Oh goodness. You are destroying me here. I love music, but I don't listen to it very often. The Mr. and I are TV/Movie junkies. We have so many shows that we watch and movies we love. Normally, we have something playing in the background while we do other things. Some of my favourite shows: Burn Notice, The Glades, Dr. Who, Torchwood, Leverage, Fringe, and many more!

What are your favorite places to visit online?

Another hard one! I have over 450 blogs in my Google Reader. And you want me to pick a couple? *sigh* Ok, I'll do a mix, some are book blogs and some are just some really neat things I have picked up.Parajunkee - She's been doing some really awesome blog posts about Book Blogging 101Book Binge - One of the very first book bloggers I started following.Ikea Hacker - People send in pictures and tutorials of stuff they have made out of items from Ikea.The Pioneer Woman - She lives on a ranch, home schools her kids, puts together amazing recipes, and teaches you how to do amazing things with a camera.Craftzine - Amazing craft ideas - sewing, paper, and so much more.

What are some of your favorite things:

Beverage – Nestea Ice Tea
Food – everything! I love food. Pasta, chocolate, cupcakes, beef, bacon!
T.V. show – I am completely infatuated with Top Gear lately.
Favorite restaurant – Jack Astor’s, I love their Beer and Cheddar soup!

Which hottie out there is to die for?

I’m a Colin fan….

The last good movie you saw?

INCEPTION! Please go see this movie! OMG MAZING! HA! LOL A little self promo, I actually JUST wrote a review for it.

What is your idea of a romantic gesture from your sweetie?

Well, my sweetie has sent me flowers to work. He's made me dinner. He cleans the bathroom. He helps with the laundry. Yeah, The Mr. is pretty special.

What would people be surprised to learn about you?

Err. Damn, I am boring. [Side note, I've been working on this one question for 30minutes. THIRTY. See, I am boring] How about I've had something(s) pierced that not many people would consider doing?

[Um, that's FAR from boring!]

Natasha, thank you for stopping by! I really loved getting to know you better. I plan to go see Inception this week. And I absolutely adored Colin in S.W.A.T. (In fact, I need to buy that movie!) It's nice to share that with you :)

Labels: ,

9 Comments

  1. Thanks so much for having me!! It was fun!! :D


  2. Great post, Natasha! So nice to get to know the girl behind the blog! ;-)


  3. Yeah I was hoping it was Natasha A.
    Nice to learn all this stuff about you. I could never be a librarian or work in a book store. I'd be fired for reading all day LOL.

    Stacy, Natasha & I live in the burbs at the opposite ends of Toronto. One day we will meet.
    Natasha - that'll be my next New Year's resolution - meet Natasha.


  4. Thanks Liz! :D

    Mary - I wish I could read all day at work. Stupid paperwork....people asking questions... *sigh*
    And I agree, definitely New Years resolution!!


  5. I sat FOREVER with the "surprise" question too ;)

    So nice getting to know you here. It is funny, on the sidebar on Twitter, it actually lists you as a person I should follow. So I think I must! :)


  6. This comment has been removed by the author.


  7. LOL @ Mandi - I'm glad I'm not the only one who had problems with that question.

    On a side note, you said that on the sidebar, I was a person suggested to you to follow, where do I find this???


  8. Hey I learned something new -- didn't know you thought Colin was hot - Have you seen In Bruges?


  9. Nope, I haven't. I don't think it's my typical movie....


Post a Comment