Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Friday, July 23, 2010:
Guest spotlight: Blodeuedd

I am really, really thrilled to have Blodeuedd here today, because for one thing, she is from Finland, and I'm Finnish, so that right there was tres awesome for me. Plus she adores Richard Armitage and Firefly, so she's major aces in my books. I'm excited to bring to all of you...Blodeuedd!

Stacy: Feel free to tell us about yourself: name, background, etc. Are you a reader/blogger/writer?

My name is Blodeuedd (well not really but I fear my alterego has taken over my online life). I am 27 years old, and have lived on the west coast of Finland all my life. I am still stuck in uni since I seem to change my mind all the time, or I just keep on getting degrees.

I am an avid reader and have been all my life, and then 1.5 years ago I created a bookblog, and finally found a home. I truly love seeing what others are reading, and blogging about books. And I never thought anyone would follow my little blog. Or that I would meet so many likeminded people.

Blodeuedd, many do ask, it means flower face in Welsh. She was created from flowers by wizards to marry a man who could not marry a human wife. She has an affair and together they plot to kill her husband. It all ends with her being turned into an owl to be haunted by all other birds. Not the happiest story, but I learnt to feel for her. Being created just to marry a man and no one asked her anything.

Do you have a blog? What is the name/link and how would you describe your blog?

My blog is called Book Girl at Mur-y-castell, the names comes from the court where Blodeuedd lived.

Those who follow my blog know that they will not come to my blog and find a genreblog. No, I love most books. Fantasy is my fav, but I rarely get to blog about it. Mostly it’s PNR, UF, HR and fiction books. I have also started reading YA books (love dystopian), and I am a huge fan of chick-lit. I need to laugh now and again.

My blog is a mix of everything; I think I can cater to most tastes, with a few exceptions. But that is how I always have read. When I grew up I couldn’t be choosy so I went for it all, and then I discovered the big world out there, and found UF and PNR. And how lovely it is to read in the books original language.

What book(s) are you currently reading? Would you recommend it?

I just finished Straight up by Deidre Martin, this fun contemporary romance and that one I do recommend. Next up Hostage to Pleasure by Nalini Singh, since I just finished Mine to Possess and liked it. But I do fear I will not be as obsessed as my friend became. But I am sure the few that have not started this PNR series could enjoy it.

What is your most anticipated soon to be released book?

That has to be Gail Carriger’s Blameless, the way it ended, I still think about it, and if I do not get the book this instance I will surely die…ok I didn’t die, but I do lust over it. A lot! I also want to read Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, I need to know what happens in the end.


What's playing nonstop on your iPod rotation right now?

I haven’t been listening to a lot of music lately (bf is always first with putting his music on) but my last obsession was Glasvegas. I love Billy Talent, we usually listen to that in the car. Then there is The Killers, 30 seconds to Mars, White Lies, Kings of Leon. Also Disco Ensamble and Paloma Faith playing on bf’s computer.

What are your favorite places to visit online?

I could say a ton of blogs, but I do not want to leave out anyone.
So instead I will say facebook (I am yet again addicted to a game), Twitter, GoodReads, and the glory that is blogger, lol.

What are some of your favorite things: beverage? food? t.v. show? Restaurant?
I like milk, a lot. Food, I never say no to some yummy pasta, or Chinese food.

Tv, I do like Chuck, but those shows I can watch again and again are Stargate, Firefly, Dark Angel, and yes I am a sci-fi tv girl.

Restaurant, Shanghai, like I said, I like Chinese food and I always order the same dish there.

Which hottie out there is to die for?

Those who know me knows this one, it is Richard Armitage, first there was North and South and no one does the brooding hottie better than him. Then there was Robin Hood, and oh man, that guy can wear leather!

The last awesome movie you've seen?

I have not seen an awesome movie in ages, it is a sad fact but it’s the truth. The last film that was a bit cool was Avatar but it didn’t make me go wohoo.

What is your idea of a romantic gesture from your sweetie?

I like the small things, an unexpected hug, a kiss, taking my hand, those kinds of things. Or when he buys me chocolate out of the blue.

Fascinating fact(s) about Finland?

It’s is truly flat where I live, just green fields and forest everywhere you see. When we see a hill it’s all ohhhhh a mountain! To the east we have a lot of lakes, and in the north we actually have a real mountain. The Arctic Circle crosses the country, so even though I live further south we do have midnight sun, and in the winter eternal darkness.

W have two official languages, Swedish and Finnish. Us Swedish speaking Finns tend to live at the coast. In the North we have the Saami population that speaks Saami (not an official language). And of course Santa Claus lives in Rovaniemi.

Nokia is Finnish, and the word Sauna. And we gave the Molotov Cocktails its name.

Oh and yes, we do have summer, sure it doesn’t boil, but right now it’s + 30 c. Summer and winter are alike. Sometimes it gets really hot like now, sometimes it gets really cold in the winter like -30 c. But mostly winters are cold when it’s -20c these days. So no snow the year around (I sure hope no one thought that!) We do have all seasons, and some people have assumed there are polar bears here…yeah no.

How many languages to you speak and what are they?

I guess that most people assume I speak Finnish, but we actually have 2 official languages and I belong to the minority and speak Swedish. And I of course speak English and Finnish. I also speak a little German, understand a tiny bit of French, and thanks to Swedish I understand Norwegian and Danish.

What would people be surprised to learn about you?

That I really do not like school, still I have a MA in Swedish, this year I got my teaching qualifications, and right now I am studying to become a librarian (well information whatever, but I wanna be a librarian ;) Cos duh, I love books. And of course, that I speak Swedish and not Finnish.

Thanks for having me over!




Thank you Blodeuedd for being here today! I learned a lot and I'm always fascinated by people who love to read and who come from other places. Finland and its people obviously have a very special place in my heart, so I am so glad to know you and have you visit my blog. It's been lovely having you here as my guest :)

Labels: ,

26 Comments

  1. I'm dying to get my hands on Blameless!

    and hello Richard!


  2. Hey B!

    Great interview with Stacy, I loved reading about the impetus for your blog and about Finland.

    Lovely pictures of you too...

    I always find such wonderful literature showcased at your blog and am so happy to have found you and your spot.

    Best
    L


  3. yay! Good luck at library school! I love being a librarian! :)


  4. Wonderful interview Stacy. I enjoy Blodeuedd's blog immensely. I cannot wait for Blameless.


  5. Oh look I am there, lol, thanks for having me over Stacy :D

    KB,
    I can't wait...oh if I could ask for something it would be an early copy and I would read it an a heartbeat, but only 2 months left now ;)

    Mollie
    Thanks! I do think it's my path

    Tori
    Perhaps I should re-read them both before, make the wait a little less painful


  6. Hi lea
    Thanks :D I wanted something from summer and winter..well ok that last one was April but that's Finland for ya.


  7. Nice to meet you Blodeuedd. You can Stacy put together a great interview.

    I loved hearing about you and your blog.

    Finland sounds beautiful with the green fields and forests. And wow - it gets really cold there! I had to do the c to f converter for the weather. lol


  8. I never knew you were on your way to become a librarian LOL I really liked AVATAR for its visual aspect, the story was a bit thin but the scenery was above and beyond. Great interview ladies, I loved reading more about you Blodeuedd :)


  9. Great interview! I always wondered what Blodeuedd means, and I can't remember how to spell it right :)

    Good luck with librarian school (or whatever it is called)

    P.S. Love your blog.


  10. Hey Blodeuedd and Stacy! Wow, what a fun interview! You have always been very mysterious to me, too, BD - I think it's the Finnish thing, and the lovely strange pictures you always have on your header (which I love) so this is really interesting, to get to know all these things. yay Librarians!


  11. Tracy
    Could have helped you all by converting that I guess ;)
    But yes it can get really cold, but then we are high up here.

    Leontine
    That's right :D Only read for a year and it's gonna take some time since it's at tee open uni but I do think this is for me

    Host
    Lol, everyone asks. I sure picked one mysterious name

    Carolyn
    Hehe, yes I am the mysterious Finnish blogger.
    I think I'd be a great librarian, I would get them to buy UF and PNR yay


  12. Blodeuedd! Great interview! I loved learning more about you and I'm so impressed with the amount of languages you understand and/or speak. They don't promote enough language arts here in the States and I'm a prime example.

    And oh nelly, Richard Armitage does look mighty good in leather. Yum!


  13. Awesome interview!!! Thanks for sharing so much about yourself :)


  14. OH Stacy you could not have a such a better guest as Blodeuedd!!!!!!!!!
    ***Big waves and hugs***
    It is always awesome to learn new things about those that we are dear friends with! And I am soo happy that we met!


  15. Great fun! Now I'm a Richard Armitage fan after seeing him in all that leather LOL

    Lovely to 'see' you Blodeuedd :) - great interview Stacy!

    I live in a flat part of the world too, so I can understand your 'Look there's a mountain!' :)


  16. VFG
    Lol, I knew people would pick up on the languages :) But yes since I am Swedish speaking we all learnt Finnish in school, and of course English. Swedish made me understand 2 more and then I read even more, yikes, that is a lot!

    Carrie
    Thanks for coming by and meeting me :D I never do share much on my blog


  17. Sassy
    Oh yes Richard in his glory, I mean leather ;)
    Flat as long as the eye can see, but then those hills are so hard to get over.

    Cecile
    Hi hon, I am so glad we met to, and now you know a bit more about me too. I am bad at sharing at my blog so thanks Stacy!


  18. Loved the photos and getting to know you better!


  19. Thanks Staci :D


  20. Hi Stacy & Blodeuedd
    My duh moment. Blodeuedd, I didn't even know you had a blog. I thought you were interesting enough because I enjoy your comments on the blogs I visit LOL.
    I enjoyed your interview & will be checking out your site.


  21. Mary G
    Lol, I have duh moments like that too ;)
    Happy that I have been seen around


  22. Very nice to meet you!


  23. See..I had no idea there were two languages!

    Richard Armitage - oh yes :)

    Librarian - awesome choice!


  24. Lovely as always to find out more about you hon...

    I wonder if it's the leather or the man that you love the most...

    Hang in there with your studies - you'll make a great librarian...

    :)


  25. Great interview Blodeuedd & Stacy!

    Love where the story behind your name Blodeuedd - WOW! And one of my favourite bands - The Rasmus - is Finish :) I was lucky to see them in concert twice when I lived in the UK!


  26. Hi Twimom :)

    Mandi
    I am glad to have spread a little knowledge lol.
    Mmm Richard

    EH
    Hehe, you had to go say it, well yes it might be the leather *coughs* It looks might fine on him

    Orannia
    Cool, I have seen them twice and I do love their music


Post a Comment