Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Saturday, March 25, 2006:
An interview with Janice Maynard, Author of "Suite Fantasy"
FYI: This is a re-peat of a previous post originally published in January 2006 that was unfortunately lost when I had my blog re-designed. Luckily I saved a copy of it and re-created it as best as I could. Since this was my first ever author interview, it is near and dear to my heart, especially since Janice is a wonderful person and I was lucky enough to have met her. Here's the interview....


I'm having a quick chat with Janice Maynard, author of the steamy anthology "Suite Fantasy" as well as one of the authors in the anthology "Wildest Dreams" with LuAnn McLane and Morgan Leigh.


SA: Do you have personal goals in your writing? (example: writing a non-fiction book)

Janice: My goals have changed as I go along. At first, I just wanted to get a book published. Once that happens, you start making "bigger" goals. One goal was to be able to support myself writing. It has taken a long time, but I am finally to that point where I don't feel like my husband is the sole bread winner. :)

SA: What has writing taught you?

Janice: Writing has taught me never to give up on dreams, and that some things you want in life take a lot more work and effort than you ever realized.

SA: What is your comfort food? Comfort drink? (alcoholic/non-alcoholic or both)

Janice: Comfort food... hmmm... I do love food. I guess I will always be a steak and baked potato girl, but as for snacking at home... I try to keep Hershey kisses on hand so I can have a "little" sweet. My drink of choice is regular Coke.

SA: Do you have a favorite t.v. show?

Janice: I have been a West Wing fan, but it is going off. I never missed Friends. Loved the show Ed. Scrubs. NCIS. Two and a Half Men. Grey's Anatomy. Desperate Housewives. I'm probably forgetting some...

SA: What is your dream vacation?

Janice: I LOVE to travel, absolutely love it. And different places give you different experiences. Right after we graduated from college I had the opportunity to go on a mission trip to Haiti, at that time (and perhaps still) the poorest country in the western hemisphere. That was a real eye opener for me. Incredible natural beauty. Lovely people. And unimaginable poverty.

My favorite vacation destinations are Wyoming, Key West, and NYC in no particular order. But I haven't made it to Europe yet, and I know I will fall in love with England, Scotland, Greece, etc.


SA: And the most important question of all: who is your favorite hottie and why?

Janice: I was a huge Harrison Ford fan for many years... even bumped into him in Jackson Hole and got his autograph. But when he and his wife broke up and he ended up with Callista Flockhart, my opinion of him waned.

I am a big Matthew McConnaughey fan (I hope I spelled that right). Luke Wilson makes me sigh. Hugh Grant is fun to watch in movies, but not exactly a heartthrob. Colin Firth when I need my Englishman fix. Oh, and I think Matthrew Broderick is a cutie pie!

I guess that wraps it up!
Janice

0 Comments

Post a Comment