Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Wednesday, March 15, 2006:
Can't wait to get my hands on....
....this book....
 
Doppelganger
 
 
When a witch is born, a doppelganger is created. For the witch to master her powers, the twin must be killed. But what happens when the doppelganger survives?
Mirage, a bounty hunter, lives by her wits and lethal fighting skills. She always gets her mark. But her new mission will take her into the shadowy world of witches, where her strength may be no match against magic.
Miryo is a witch who has just failed her initiation test. She now knows that there is someone in the world who looks like her, who is her: Mirage. To control her powers and become a full witch, Miryo has only one choice. To hunt the hunter and destroy her.
 
This book, by Marie Brennan, sounds wickedly good.  I'm on my witch kick lately.    Vamps, weres and shapeshifters are great, but I've always wanted to be a witch, and this story sounds like it's just what I'm in the mood for: good vs. evil, power, death, magic - yep, a rockin' good time. 
 
Why a witch?  Well, I've always imagined having magical powers - never bad ones, of course, unless it was to make my mean math teacher go "poof", but I would love to zip around like a bat on speed, conjuring up wild winds and unicorns and surfing the clouds with abandon.  I'd point a finger and zap creepy crawlers or conjure up a cute boy to go to the dance with.  The boys I usually liked were too cool to go to the dances.  The curse of loving the bad boys, I guess.  Now that I'm, ahem, an adult, my witch dreams are a bit more complicated, something like: blink - my taxes are done!   Anyway, I think I'd rather like being a witch.  Well, somedays, I believe I actually am one - though my powers are severely limited.....
 
 

0 Comments

Post a Comment