Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, July 19, 2010:
Guest spotlight: Mollie

I've known Mollie for awhile, since my pre-Twitter days, and have been to her blog(s) throughout the various inceptions. I think it's cool when people reinvent themselves to suit their current outlook, and a blog is a big part of that. We also talk a bit of YA (most recently Simone Elkeles' books) And though I have known Mollie for some time, I believe that I can always learn a little bit more about someone, and so I'm excited to have her here in today's guest spotlight :)


Stacy: Feel free to tell us about yourself: name, background, etc. Are you a reader/blogger/writer?

My name is Mollie. Nicknames include Mols, Miss Mollie, and Mo - Mols being the most commonly used. I'm a librarian, reader, and blogger. No current designs on being a writer. I live in the Capital City of Ohio (Columbus) and work as a solo- Academic Librarian. My educational background consists of a B.A. in English (focus in Medieval Literature) and a Master of Library and Information Science (M.L.I.S). I have a wiener dog who looks like a ferret but I love her with my whole heart. I love anything remotely Celtic, Irish, or Scottish. I'm a huge Buckeyes fan. Also, I'm sick about hearing about Lebron. [I AGREE!]

Do you have a blog? What is the name/link and how would you describe your blog?

I do! This is my 3rd attempt at blogging. My first, Biblioharlot's Bookshlef, petered out once I finished grad school and started working full time. Took awhile for me to adjust. Then blogged at Teen Troves, that was too narrow a focus for me, so my latest endeavor is Book Fare Delights where I review YA, romance, sci-fi, fantasy, and literary fiction.

What book(s) are you currently reading? Would you recommend it?

I recently finished Broken Wing by Judith James, which come highly recommended by Kristie(j), and anything Kristie pimps out, I make a point to read. It's pretty emotionally draining but it's very well written and highly recommend it.

Currently reading My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger and am LOVING it. Although I haven't finished it yet, I foresee it becoming one of my all time favorite YA books. So yes, definitely recommended!

What is your most anticipated soon to be released book?

Definitely Suzanne Collin's final Hunger Games book, Mockingjay. I CANNOT. WAIT. Followed by Cassandra Clare's new book, A Clockwork Angel.

What's playing nonstop on your iPod rotation right now?

The Black Keys. They're awesome. Those of you who saw Eclipse they're the band playing the intro song to the movie. Also, I caught the beginning of the HBO series Hung last night after True Blood, and they're the intro to that show as well! They're a bluesy, rock, alternative group. I get to see them in concert twice this summer and I'm super pumped! Some of my favorite songs include:



Have Love Will Travel - Thickfreakness
Hurt Like Mine - Thickfreakness
I'll Be Your Man - The Big Come Up
She Said, She Said - The Big Come Up
Everlasting Light - Brothers
Next Girl - Brothers
Tighten Up - Brothers
These Days - Brothers

What are your favorite places to visit online?

Facebook. I've had it since day 1 (yay college!) and never tire of it. Even with their unending privacy changes. Twitter, I've found a lot of really great blogger's via Twitter. It's addicting. My Google Reader - I love it. It helps keep me up to date on all my favorite bloggers! Oh and Goodreads. I LOVE Goodreads.

What are some of your favorite things: beverage? food? t.v. show? The last good film you saw?

Alcoholic Beverage: White Russian, yum!


Non-Alcoholic Beverage: Skim Milk. I love milk. Mmmmm, good!

Food: Um I can't pick a favorite but I do love me some sushi.

T.V. Show: True Blood. Alcide, Eric, Sam, Bill. Sigh.

Last good film: It's been awhile since I've seen a movie at the theater (well, before Eclipse in any case) but I saw Reality Bites on HBO the other day and forgot what a great flick it is, so I've watched it several times recently. I love the friends to lover storyline.

Which hottie out there is to die for?

TJ Thyne- Hodgins on Bones

Jensen Ackles - Dean Winchester on Supernatural

James Franco. Sigh.

Favorite restaurant?

The Blue Danube on the Ohio State University campus. It's a whole in the wall place that's been there for forever. It has all types of food, is cheap, and delicious!


What is your idea of a romantic gesture from your sweetie?

Well I don't have one (a sweetie this). And despite my love for romance books and movies, I don't like overly sappy gestures they kinda make me uncomfortable... :)

What would people be surprised to learn about you?

I hate feet. With a passion. Seriously.

Anything you would like to add?

Thanks for having me!

And thank you for being here! I am definitely going to have to check out The Black Keys now! And you're reminding me how much I loved Reality Bites - I really need to get the DVD now...

Labels: ,

11 Comments

  1. Thanks for having me Stacey!

    The Black Keys are awesome, hope you enjoy them!

    I picked up Reality Bites at my USB for like 5 bucks. I was so excited! :)


  2. Oops added an en in your name! :) Thanks for having me STACY!


  3. I'm always looking for new music to listen to, and since I did see Eclipse, I'll have to see if I can recall their song(s) from the movie.

    Ethan Hawke was sooo cute in Reality Bites, and when he admits he's in love with Winona Ryder...*swoon* Thank you again for reminding me how much I loved this movie :)


  4. It's like at the VERY beginning like...credits beginning and I don't think it's on for long. I love them b/c they have this old school raw blues sound mixed with rock. Hope you like them!

    OMG EH does look sooo cute in it! My BFF from high school who I hadn't talked to in FOREVER, left me a Facebook message telling me she'd watched Reality Bites so I HAD to watch it. I seriously LOVE the friends to lovers story line. Sigh. Although if you watch it again, let me know what you think of Winona's acting. I couldn't believe how....terrible she was! LOL.

    Yesterday BET was showing Brown Sugar, another great friends to lovers storyline. And who could pass on Taye Diggs....


  5. I met Mollie thru Twitter as we shared our mutual love of doggies. She is great gal to chat with! Fun interview. :)


  6. Great interview, guys!! *waving*


  7. Awww, Mollie this was a fantastic interview. That cracked me when you mentioned hating feet, you sounded just like my niece. Hehe.

    I haven't seen Reality Bites in ages too.

    Mockingjay- I'm excited. And it's decided. I'm Team PEETA!


  8. It's nice to meet you Mollie, even if you are a Buckeye fan! LOL (I went to UM - I'm a Wolverine!)


  9. Great interview!!!

    I LOVE THE BLACK KEYS TOO!!!!!! I have had their album on repeat myself, so good.


  10. Mar, Hi! Yay doggies!

    Lori, Hi!

    Twimom, Uh oh we soooo can't be friends! ;) GO BUCKS!

    Wena, I really despise feet. With all my being. I'm still Team Katniss! :)

    SpazP, Aren't they awesome. Do you have their new album? I really like it!


  11. Mollie: Ohh yes, this latest album is getting me through my commute to and from work, LOVE IT.
    "That's me, That's me. The boy with the broken halo" LOVE!

    Stacy you gotta check it out!


Post a Comment