Unfortunately, someone is gunning for Gabriel, and Merit soon finds herself in the line of fire. She'll need all the help she can get to track down the would-be assassin, but everywhere she turns, there are rising tensions between supernaturals-not least between her and a certain green-eyed, centuries-old master vampire.
10. Chicago: yes, it's my city, or has been for the last 19 years, and I'm rather attached to this series because we do get to see many parts of the actual places. I have a week's vacation next month and I've decided to check out more of where I live. Been planning this awhile, but now I'm finally going to do it, thanx to the inspiration of books like the Chicagoland Vampires series. (Sidenote: I've started a letter-writing campaign to get Chloe to show up at a signing in CHICAGO - wish me luck!)
9. Cadogen House: yes, this is totally superficial, but damn, that house sounds incredibly amazing! And I'd love to have a kitchen area ready with food all hours of the night. I wouldn't like to live in it like a dorm room, but I wouldn't mind apartments like the Master has :D
8. The shapeshifters: I love how pack is all about family, and putting that family first. Gabriel, the Alpha in the Chicago area, has had to make some difficult choices, but he does it for all the right reasons. And the dissenters, though I don't always agree with them, have their hearts in the right place most of the time.
7. Merit's Katana: There is just something so sexy and dangerous about an elegant, deadly weapon, and the katana encompasses all of that. I love the history of it, the beauty and pain, the precision and grace of such an instrument. It has a magic all it's own. And speaking of which....
6. Magic! I love the different spells and abilities that Catcher, and hopefully Mallory, have. I've always wanted to be able to wave a hand and move stuff, so magic to me is...well, magical. And though it's unpredictable and surely comes with a price, it fascinates me. I'm curious to find out what Mallory's full abilities are.
5. Jeff Christopher, resident shapeshifter: despite his young age and immense crush on Merit, Jeff is one of those likeable guys that comes through when the chips are down. He may come across as a bit of a dork, but he's infinitely lovable and someone you can depend on to be there for you. And it's cool to see that Jeff might be finding love, a real love he can build on :)
4. Lindsey & Luc: nothing like a love/hate relationship to get a reader all hot and squirmy (at least this reader). The verbal sparring seems to have hit a brick wall in this book, so perhaps we are going to see some action in the (hopefully) near future.
3. Catcher. I just lust after this man. If I had the creative genius Chloe does, I would have made Catcher the hero of this book, and explored his relationship with Mallory more, because I think they belong together. I love Merit to pieces, but Mallory is Catcher's girl. And Catcher has all the irresistible qualities of my kind of leading man: sexy, broody, strong, rebellious, seething with testosterone. I'd love to take him for a spin ;)
2. Merit's quirky but strong friendship with Mallory: these two are so adorable together as besties, and I love their relationship. They're so in sync, and the affection between them is obvious and sweet.
And the #1 reason I loved Twice Bitten..... Chapter 8!!!! I'm not about to spoil it for anyone who has not read the book, but let's just say this was a long time in coming, and you probably already do know what it is that happens in this specific part of the book, but are you sure? Anyway, it gives me tingles just thinking about it....
Rating: **** 1/2 out of *****