Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Thursday, July 01, 2010:
Just...whatever
I'm feelin' a little fiesty today ;)

I have been HORRIBLE about reading and reviewing these past 2 weeks, so I don't have anything really ready to post. I'm working on about a dozen posts, but none are fit for print, so you guys are stuck with the goings-on in my mind *g*
  • My 20th high school reunion is this weekend, but I'm not going. I had debated attending, and then some travel plans were in the works but ended up being postponed, yet in the end I decided not to go. I'm a bit sad about that, since it's not near where I live, but mostly I'm okay with it. I keep in touch with only a few of my h.s. friends, mainly through FB, and that's enough for me. There's just something about going back home that makes me feel like a shy awkward teenager (versus a shy, awkward adult LOL) and I don't relish that feeling. Maybe when I'm in my 60's I'll be past that feeling.
  • So far I don't have any big plans for the 4th, and I'm actually kinda relieved! Lately I've been going out more than I usually do and spending more money than I should, so it would be nice to just relax. However if I find some low-key way to enjoy it, I won't say no. But I have this insatiable urge to just be lazy. I feel like I should feel guilty about that, that I should definitely want to be surrounded by mobs of people, but really, I don't.
  • I got caught in one of those maudlin moods recently and sunk so low to actually lament my single status. 99...95...okay, 75% of the time I'm content and rather glad I don't have to share myself and compromise with someone else, but every once in awhile, someone will make a comment about their DH or BF and I get all weird and weepy. God I hate that! Self, get over it!
  • Eclipse: I'll be going on Friday. The more I hear, the more excited I get. Seems the general consensus is that it's the best of the 3 so far. Perhaps not the most glowing endorsement, considering, but I really can't wait. I'm a Jacob girl ;)
  • I'm still only on the first Mercy Thompson book, Moon Called, and I'm enjoying it, but I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and read, which sucks. Another reason I'm hoping for a lazy, Stacy weekend.

Well that's about it. What's happening with you?

Labels:

6 Comments

  1. I agree...I'm about 75% content with my single status...but when that weepy stage comes on...I just hate that. I want to kick myself and say, "Snap out of it!!!"

    I don't have any big plans for the 4th...maybe go over to my friend's house and swim, but that is about it...being lazy sounds good to me!! LOL.


  2. You couldn't pay me to go to my hs reunion. lol
    We've decided for the first time to take kidlet to festival for the 4th. We've always done fireworks at home but this year I want to see professionals do it. :)


  3. No HS reunions for me, no way, no how. I still see people from HS occasionally when I visit my mom, that's enough. :) I'm going to be reading the Mercy series soon. Looking forward to it. Hugs.


  4. I went to my 10 yr reunion....it was interesting..LOL

    We are going camping this weekend. Sigh..bathing with daddy long legs. Help me.


  5. (((Stacy)))

    I hope you have a lovely long weekend and get some time with Moon Called - it's a great book.

    And I while my HS hasn't had a reunion I bypassed my college reunion.

    I wouldn't say I'm content with my single status. Resigned maybe. But...I know I have a long way still to go before I'd be able to have a relationship. And maybe I won't get there, and so be it. But sometimes you just neeed to go through the weepy stage...bottling it all up, I've found, doesn't help.

    *hugs*


  6. Kara, it's nice to have someone who can relate :) I'm "better" now LOL. Have a great 4th!

    Tori, I totally get that feeling. I think in the next 10 years I'll feel less uncomfortable about it and not care so much, ya know? Have a fun weekend.

    Fiction, it's nice to have moved on and not dwell on the past. And I think you'll like the Mercy books :)

    Mandi, I went to mine too, it was an all-class reunion (in 2000) and it was more fun LOL. Skipped it this time.

    Orannia, big hugs to you! I love my independence and ability to be as selfish as I want. LOVE it. So mostly I am happy with it. Just sometimes it catches me unawares, you know? But I have a lot to be grateful for so I can't complain. I hope you get to where you need to be. You're an amazing person.


Post a Comment