I have been HORRIBLE about reading and reviewing these past 2 weeks, so I don't have anything really ready to post. I'm working on about a dozen posts, but none are fit for print, so you guys are stuck with the goings-on in my mind *g*
- My 20th high school reunion is this weekend, but I'm not going. I had debated attending, and then some travel plans were in the works but ended up being postponed, yet in the end I decided not to go. I'm a bit sad about that, since it's not near where I live, but mostly I'm okay with it. I keep in touch with only a few of my h.s. friends, mainly through FB, and that's enough for me. There's just something about going back home that makes me feel like a shy awkward teenager (versus a shy, awkward adult LOL) and I don't relish that feeling. Maybe when I'm in my 60's I'll be past that feeling.
- So far I don't have any big plans for the 4th, and I'm actually kinda relieved! Lately I've been going out more than I usually do and spending more money than I should, so it would be nice to just relax. However if I find some low-key way to enjoy it, I won't say no. But I have this insatiable urge to just be lazy. I feel like I should feel guilty about that, that I should definitely want to be surrounded by mobs of people, but really, I don't.
- I got caught in one of those maudlin moods recently and sunk so low to actually lament my single status. 99...95...okay, 75% of the time I'm content and rather glad I don't have to share myself and compromise with someone else, but every once in awhile, someone will make a comment about their DH or BF and I get all weird and weepy. God I hate that! Self, get over it!
- Eclipse: I'll be going on Friday. The more I hear, the more excited I get. Seems the general consensus is that it's the best of the 3 so far. Perhaps not the most glowing endorsement, considering, but I really can't wait. I'm a Jacob girl ;)
- I'm still only on the first Mercy Thompson book, Moon Called, and I'm enjoying it, but I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and read, which sucks. Another reason I'm hoping for a lazy, Stacy weekend.
Well that's about it. What's happening with you?