Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Thursday, June 24, 2010:
Guest spotlight: LIMECELLO
Well, here we go. This is the "in"famous Lime, in all her glory. No introduction necessary really, other than to say she totally cracks me up. For those of you wondering, yes I have met her in person, and yes, she is this green. But it looks good on her.

Stacy: Thank you for agreeing to be a victim, er, guest on my blog :)

VICTIM?!?!? I don't think I like this! Anyway, hello Stacy and Star Blazer Friends!

Stacy: Feel free to tell us about yourself: name, background, etc. Are you a reader/blogger/writer?

My name is Limecello. I'm super random and over think everything.

For the name... :) I decided on it because I love citrus, and I love vodka. Well, it makes a good story, right? Anyway, I'm a reader, and a blogger. First of all, Limecello is not my real name. Although I will answer to it, or Lime. I seem unable to escape nicknames where ever I go. I'm decently educated, but am currently job searching... so ... keep me in mind if you know anyone is looking, please. :P Anyway, I've been in school way too long, so my academic background is the biggest "part of me." I've got degrees in Political Science, Chinese, and... Law.


I'm not an aspiring author or anything, and if I wanted to be one... I'd probably have to wait something like 30 years for people I've made angry with my reviews to retire etc. :X

Soo... how did I actually choose this name? I wanted something unique, and I do like citrus, sugar, and vodka. I like Italian food, and then Roman/Classical history and all... I was going for Limoncello, but that blog was taken, so I had to adapt. It's ok. I like limes more anyway. So, there's my story. Nobody recognizes me when I put names on my badge anyway. And, yes, I know limoncello is the real Italian but ... there's no way to do that with Lime. And there's no Latin for lime... (Yes I did think about it. A lot.)

Stacy: Do you have a blog? What is the name/link and how would you describe your blog?

Do I have a blog? Well, yes. I have a few. I have one on blogger even, but I don't use that much. Really, I consider "my blog" to be my twitter account. Otherwise for a real blog, I'd consider that to be a review blog I'm part of - The Good, The Bad, [and] The Unread. It's owned by Sybil, who also uses/used the name "redwyne." She's fantastic. She also loves to be mean to me. (N.B. Only Sybil gets to be mean to me. But that's also because she can dish it as well as take it. And provides books.) As for how I'd describe it? Well, mostly it's a review blog. It's also a place for ranting and randomness, which is why I love it so. We're a pretty diverse group of reviewers, and we all like different things. (Although of course there is some overlapping taste. That makes everything more interesting.) I also ... am/was watching Law Abiding Citizen, and got really, really distracted. How would I describe it? Well actually, one of the authors from somewhere some time described it best. (Ah - it was Karen Templeton):

“TGTBTU always reminds me a bit of the first floor of Macy’s (the NY flagship store) at Christmas - crowded and crazy and buzzing with energy and good vibes - but dang, these people love them their books.”




I love the honesty of the blog, and that reading is tantamount. We have no agenda, and you're freely able to disagree with others and reviewers there without repercussions. No name calling. (Or if there is, it's the duckies making fun of each other.) I'm actually still not quite sure how I became a duckie, but have been one for 2+ years now? O_o [Interesting post by Lime here]

Stacy: What book(s) are you currently reading? Would you recommend it?

Ummm... I've been in a horrible, awful, terrible, no good very bad reading slump :(

Anything I've read recently has been ok though - a few new Silhouette Desires... generally by authors I review... And a few random ebooks. Maybe if I answer this question on a different day... [Still nothing a few days later, sadly.]

Stacy: What is your most anticipated soon to be released book?

I would say Love in the Afternoon but I've got Married by Morning and I haven't even read it yet... but yeah - I'll go with LitA because it's cool shortened, and I love Lisa Kleypas, and Sybil said it's awesome.

Oh and Erin McCarthy's upcoming NASCAR books. I don't even like NASCAR! (No really. I truly don't. But I really enjoy her books. Wild, right?) I'm excited about HelenKay Dimon's new book - yay nontraditional hero! And erm, more of Lauren Dane's Seattle books. Well, the guy's stories. I'm really against never ending open ended series. Oh and Hawke's book by Nalini Singh, but that's not really soon to be released... ok so ignore everything I said except for LitA. Hey, I never said brevity was one of my gifts.

Stacy: What's playing nonstop on your iPod rotation right now?

My entire music library gets played on shuffle if/when I listen to it, so... that would be nothing. Or, a list of 800+ songs. And I'm not writing that down. :)

Stacy: What are your favorite places to visit online?

BUBBLESPINNER. Hulu. Twitter! Swagbucks. Food 52. The NYT. A few others. Yeah um actually I don't really do that much online. Or, I spend my time doing all the same thing. Run down? Bubble spinner is amazingly awesome and the spawn of the devil. Stay away. It was really hard when I started and I couldn't figure it out, but now I get to level 20, but still can't quit. Hulu for TV watching, since I can't read these days. Twitter is self explanatory. Swagbucks, more for searches. It's how I can feed my book habit while being poor. You get points just for being online, and I've made ~$350 in 16 months, basically for doing nothing. I can't complain. Food 52 gave me the best recipe for sugar cookies ever. It's also nice to drool over some of the awesome stuff I won't make, and I bond with my sister over the crossword puzzles. (We do them online.) NYT is also self explanatory - I mean even a flaky girl like me has to stay somewhat in the know.

Stacy: What are some of your favorite things: beverage? food? t.v. show?

My favorite food... fruit. Strawberries, guava, passion fruit, pineapples, peaches... blueberries, raspberries, blackberries. Cherries. Plums. Barbecue (or maybe grilled food, because I actually dislike barbecue sauce). Caramelized zucchini. Roasted vegetables. Cake. Ice cream. Gelato.

Beverages - I like adult beverages and trying new things. Recently the blue hawaii was butchered so I'll say... blue motorcycle. Or... my own drink inventions. Dark rum, passion fruit juice, ginger ale, seltzer, and a splash of lime juice. Delicious. Or a boozy fruit smoothie. Or something I haven't had yet. I always like to try new drinks and am open to suggestions. I like the fruity sweet ones though. In fact if the bartender seems competent, I often say "make me something good."

TV show... well. I love Iron Chef. I also watch/like Bones, Burn Notice, White Collar, Justified, Human Target, So You Think You Can Dance, Giada at Home... Simply Ming, and Avec Eric.

Stacy: Which hottie out there is to die for?

You know, a few years ago I'd say Raoul Bova. But.. now? No. How about... Andy Whitfield. Matthew Bomer. A number of the guys playing for the World Cup *fans self*

Heh. I'm blanking, but I feel like I should mention at least one more super hot guy by name. Takeshi Kaneshiro - for the international love. Also because he can speak so many languages, jerk. Anyway, also as a nod to fashion - he is/was Armani's face for one of their fall lines - the first time an Asian male fronted an international campaign. Yup, he's that hot. (To get the full effect you have to watch Returner where he's wearing that awesome leather duster. Friends made me watch it in college, and... well I should thank them.)

And Andy Whitfield - well if you saw Spartacus: Blood and Sand you' know why. If not, go google some pictures of him. No it's ok. I'll wait. And Matthew Bomer... he's just so charming and suave in White Collar. And he's also gorgeous. I'd take him. Oh, and I can't forget to mention Henry Cavill. No explanation necessary. Srsly.



Stacy: Favorite restaurant?

Oh... this one is tough. I'd say... Lola in Cleveland - it's Michael Symon's restaurant. It's absolutely fantastic. Everything about it. Otherwise, Harvest, in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The chef is Mary Dumont - who I "discovered" watching Iron Chef. And yup. I totally went to Boston just to eat her food. (Kidding. Though for some of the chefs I might.) I'm about to hit the Greenhouse Tavern and am very excited. (Also in Cleveland.) Another one is Corduroy in DC - the chef is Tom Power. I know less about him, but his food is great. Fair warning - they enforce a dress code. Yes there's a story. Oh well.

As you can see, I like doing things in threes. Anyway, thanks for inviting me to play on your blog today, Stacy! And thank you everyone else for actually reading my babble! Whee! :D

Well I don't know about you, but I'm still recovering LOL. That Lime, she's a whirlwind, and an entertaining one at that. Thank you Lime, it's been a fun ride. But I suppose I should be nice to you, since it's your birthday soon..... :p

Labels: ,

17 Comments

  1. I still remember the first time I started following Lime on Twitter...she kept changing her avi to all these different limes..I liked:)

    Plus she likes alcohol...How can you go wrong with a "boozy fruit smoothie?" :)

    Fun interview!


  2. These are some great interviews Stacey!!!
    I sooo love learning about our fellow bloggers.

    I remember the first time I saw her name, I was like... 0_o then... :)
    She is a great person!! Great interview!


  3. Hi Mandi! Heh - agreed! How *can* you go wrong with a boozy fruit smoothie?! Seems impossible ;)
    And :X you caught me! Now I feel like I've been slipping because I haven't been changing my avatar.

    Cecile - Awwe thanks - I think you're pretty fantastic too :D
    As for the name, I totally didn't think it's be confusing but it was! There are some people who call me lime jello O_o

    Thanks for inviting me to be a guest, Stacy! (Tiny bit of sadness the links within my post weren't translated, but I guess the world is better off not being addicted to BubbleSpinner like I am. :X Confession - I have it open in a window right now.)


  4. This comment has been removed by the author.


  5. Great interview Stacy & Lime. Love following your tweets each day, Lime. Must know more about the caramelized zucchini. Sounds wonderful but I've never heard of it before. Do you have a recipe?


  6. Hi Liza :D Why thank you! You know, I think I've decided I like blistered zucchini more. Also, it's something I just came up with by myself. Roasted zucchini is awesome, but I don't always want to fuss with the oven so I did it on the stove top. (Same with grilling, and cleaning my grill pan is a pain.) Caramelized zucchini is the same thing as with onion - slow cooking and letting it brown lighting, the sugars coming out. It takes a while, but imho is worth it. For the smaller zucchinis (6") I'd say slice them maybe 1/8" - thin enough to cook easily, but not so thin they fall apart.
    And I'm probably so not making sense, so I'll stop now.


  7. Hey Limecello:

    Wonderful interview with Stacy. It's great to learn all about you, I really like "The Good, The Bad and The Undead", I have seen your reviews. (I lurk there a lot) lol

    I love the impetus for your online name..

    Thanks for sharing!


  8. Hi Stacy & Lime
    Lime, I'm Italian descent so I love your name Limecello even more now. I love TGTBTU - one of my regular daily stops. This was an awesome interview. Lime, you are so smart, funny & you roomed with Shiloh at Lori's. I could really hate you but you're too darn adorable. So glad I met you.


  9. I can't recall how long I've known Lime, but she always comes across as so energized and is a (quite a)bit of a smartass, which I love. She's funny and interesting, and not afraid to say what she thinks, which is cool.

    She also started me out on Swagbucks, but since she hasn't been sending me alerts, my points are not growing LOL.


  10. Thanks for the recipe Lime. I'll have to give it a try after I hit the grocery story this weekend. I'm pretty sure I understand your directions.


  11. Eeeeeeeeeeeeek! You mentioned that bubblespinner game, you fiend. You know I'll have to go play it now. Hmmph. I hope you're happy with yourself. ((((Lime))))


  12. Fun interview! I've been on a sugar snap peas in browned butter kick lately. Delicious! Fun learning about your name! Still so bummed you're not making RWA this year!
    -Rachel


  13. Hey Lime, it is great to finally learn some more things about you. I have seen you around on some of my fave blogs, and your name always intrigued me. Thanks for hanging out with us at Stacy's place. It was lots of fun.

    Peace and love,
    Paula R.


  14. Thank you so much Limecello & Stacy! That's was...hilariously brilliant! And obviously I need to investigate these Tweets, although I'm not joining! *chains self to railing*

    And I Googled Takeshi Kaneshiro. Ah huh....I see what you mean :)


  15. That was a great interview! I'm going to have to check out her blog.


  16. Lime's favorite activity is to bug me on GTalk. :P


  17. Hi Lea! I'm kinda punch drunk tired now, so I'm going to take that as a compliment :D Thanks for visiting TGTBTU! We love lurkers :D And everyone. Free love!
    And... hahaha. Yea, I can make no claim to being high brow et al :X

    Mary GGGGGGGG!!!!!! Awwwwweeeeeeee please don't hate me! That would make me totally sad. :D I'm glad you think I'm adorable *does cute* - being hated wouldn't set well with me. And also - thanks for visiting the pond! We love you- and it was so awesome to meet you in person. You and Stacy were seriously some of my highlights at the Reader Author get together! (And I'm NOT just saying that to kiss up!)

    Stacy - HARRR. Do searches! That's how I get points - and yeah SB has been stingy :X (Also shhhhhh I'm not supposed to be doing that! It's just I love sharing the love- because that's against the rules.) *peeks around furtively.
    And... yeah I do have energy in bursts. I'm manic. Or off. Heh. OR A GRUMPY BEAR. At least I'm emphatic in all my moods?
    Also - you're so sweet , saying it's cool that I'm a bitch *raspberry* ;)

    Liza- Gah - I hope so! If not - tweet me, or something. :D I want everyone to have fantastic food!

    Ccccccceeeeeeeeeeee^2! My favorite cee there ever was! And... *angelface* I AM quite proud of myself. Thanks. You should actually be grateful - I had links included, etc. And Stacy protected all of you by not carrying those though.

    Rachel - Oooo browned butter is so wonderful, isn't it? I haven't done much with it - BUTTER! GAH! Usually butter only comes into my baking. I've even cut it out of chicken piccata. Which usually/these days turns into buffalo chicken fingers for me... also DARN YOU now I'm sooo hungry!
    And believe you me, I'm bummed about not going to RWA. T_T Why don't they love me? Why won't they send me an invite? *chortle* Heh. Why can't I win a billion dollars?!

    Paula - Hi there! I've seen you around as well! Heh - and now I feel like a smarmy *wink wink nudge nudge* is necessary :X I know you're at the Plotmonkeys too, yes? And, I'd say more places but I don't want to get them wrong and look stupid. Hate looking stupid.

    orannia- YES! DO EEET. Come to the dark - er I mean LIGHT side! Actually I put off joining twitter for what *felt* like forever, but now I've been on it for a few? Years? More than one, going on two in the fall? Wow. I just felt a sense of anti-accomplishment.
    And YES! Watch movies with Takeshi Kaneshiro! And shows with Matthew Bomer! White Collar is coming back in a few weeks! And and and!

    A Buckeye Girl Reads- Heh, I'm on twitter. I can't seem to stfu :X Also - BUCKEYE GIRL?! Did you go to THE Ohio State University?! Because if you did you're all inds of awesome. Plus. Or, if you're from Ohio too - that's cool.
    But either way you deserve a gold star for an awesome name. I approve.

    JenB- WHATEVER YOU CREEPY STALKER! *screencaps* :D


Post a Comment