Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Sunday, June 20, 2010:
Guest Spotlight: Katiebabs - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


Most of you all already know Katiebabs, from Babbling About Books, who's made the rounds around . But now she's also a published author. Woo hoo! Kate is definitely one of my favorite people and bloggers, and I'm thrilled for all the good things happening for her right now. To top it all off, it's her birthday, so give her a shout-out here,or at Twitter: www.twitter.com/katiebabs

Heeeeeere's KATE!


Stacy: Feel free to tell us about yourself: name, background, etc. Are you a reader/blogger/writer?

I go by many names, but the majority of people on-line know me as Katiebabs aka KB. In the real world I'm known better as Kate. I'm a redhead, who's a little eccentric and reside in northern New Jersey, about 30 minutes outside of Manhattan. My background is as a pop culture junkie who lives and breathes reading and writing.

Stacy: Do you have a blog? What is the name/link and how would you describe your blog?

My blog, Babblings about Books and More! Has been live since September 2008 and you can find it at http://kbgbabbles.blogspot.com/. Babblings is a place where you can kick off your shoes, relax, and chat about whatever is on your mind. But more often than not, it's a place to talk about books.

Stacy: What book(s) are you currently reading? Would you recommend it?

I've started reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett based on all the raves reviews. My next few reads will be a few much anticipated YA novels that I hope deliver.

Stacy: What is your most anticipated soon to be released book?

I have two most anticipated books that I'm yearning for. Blameless, the third book in Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series that will be released on September 1st and Carolyn Crane's sequel to Mind Games, called Double Cross that comes out on September 28th.

Stacy: What's playing nonstop on your iPod rotation right now?

I can't get enough of Lady Gaga! All I listen to is Telephone and Just Dance. I think I have a bad girl crush on her. [See below for some Gaga of a sort :) ]

Stacy: What are your favorite places to visit online?

I'm a total Perez Hilton junkie. I visit his site three times a day. But if we are talking blogs, my top five to visit are The Book Smugglers, Lurve Ala Mode, Kris 'n' Good Books, Smexy Books, Smokin' Hot Books and of course yours! [Well that goes without saying LOL. J/K. Thank you Kate *g*]

Stacy: What are some of your favorite things: beverage? food? t.v. show?

I'm a coffee and pretzel addict to the extreme. Right now my three must watch shows are Burnt Notice on USA, Dexter on Showtime and Mad Men on AMC.

Stacy: Which hottie out there is to die for?

It's a toss up between Ryan Reynolds and Richard Armitage. Hugh Jackman as a backup just in case.

Stacy: Favorite restaurant?

Cheesecake Factory or PF Changs. You leave full and satisfied in ways no other restaurant can. [Love both these places too. Another reason we get along so well].

Stacy: What is your idea of a romantic gesture from your sweetie?

Knowing how I take my coffee and going out of his way to buy me a cup even if I didn't ask. But if he wants to make me dinner, I'm all for that.

Stacy: What would people be surprised to learn about you?

I can read palms and am usually very accurate when I give a reading.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!!!!!

(In case video doesn't work, here's the link)

Labels: , ,

17 Comments

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope your day is FAB-U-LIOUS. I think reading palms is cool. All I can do is read my kid's faces. lol


  2. Happy Birthday KB! hope you have a wonderful day.

    Great interview Stacy! i LOVED that video, it was So LOL!


  3. I love that video! :)

    Thanks for having me here. I'm going to PF Changs for my birthday dinner tonight! Woot.


  4. Happy Birthday Katiebabs. I hope you enjoy a wonderful day.

    Great interview.


  5. Happy birthday, Katie!


  6. Happy Bday KB. Have fun and PF Changs. I have seen you around the blogosphere, but never dropped in on yours...must remedy that right away.

    Peace and love,
    Paula R.


  7. Happy Birthday!


  8. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!

    Thanks for the shout out too :)


  9. Happy birthday KB! :)


  10. Happy Birthday ... again. :-) I have never been to Cheesecake Factory but everyone mentions it. One of these trips to the US I must go. Maybe we can find one around NYC this summer.


  11. Happy Birthday!!!!


  12. Happy Birthday Katie!!! Enjoy PF Changs for your birthday dinner.


  13. I can never save room for the cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. If you never been there, you need to go. You walk out very happy.


  14. Happy Birthday Katie.

    I loved The Help when I read it earlier this year.


  15. Happy B-Day Babs!!!!!


  16. A belated happy birthday, KB! I enjoyed reading your interview.


  17. A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a wonderful day!

    Great interview! I love that Hugh Jackman is a backup :)


Post a Comment