Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Tuesday, June 22, 2010:
Guest spotlight: Susi Sunshine

Please welcome one of my international pals and favorite tweets, Susi Sunshine! We tend to like a lot of the same books, and she clued me in about some of the dirty in the "Sweet" stories by Maya Banks ;) She was among the first group of new people I remember tweeting with, and cannot imagine Twitter without her. And today I learned quite a few interesting things about her. Here, I'll let her tell you....

Stacy: Feel free to tell us about yourself: name, background, etc. Are you a reader/blogger/writer?

I'm Susi, okay actually I'm Susann but only my mom calls me that way when I was a really bad girl. I live with my boyfriend and my cat in Magdeburg Germany. I'm a smalltown girl who moved into the "big city" *snort* after finishing highschool. I'm also an avid reader: I was as a child, made a break while being in puberty and started to read again when I met BF. He's also the one who made me read in English. It all started with us realizing that our knowledge of the English classics was very limited, so we started to read Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Oscar Wilde just so we can say we read them. After a few books I realized that perhaps I needed a pleasure read from time to time too so I just ordered Twilight and I was caught. I couldn't stop after these books.I spent most of my time reading, blogging or on twitter and try to get the real live done in the times in between.

Stacy: Do you have a blog? What is the name/link and how would you describe your blog?

Yes I have. The Geeky Bookworm was born a year ago when I just couldn't hold the love I felt for the books back any longer. It's my small place in the world wide web and I try to keep it just like that. I like to review the books I loved and I'm keeping track of the books I read there. I also love to talk about that geeky things I love in my life, be it a lovely USB gadget or a hunky science fiction guy. From time to time some guest authors come over but I mostly only do that when I can find the time beside the university and work. I also started blogging on Book Lovers Inc this year in January. We are a group of 12 book bloggers at the moment and we try to talk about as many book as we can. =) We thought it would be a great idea to get the Book Lovers of all genres together and I would have never thought that it would work so quickly. We are still small but a growing community but we have some great guest authors from time to time and giveaways to feed the addiction of our readers. [2 awesome blogs!]

Stacy: What book(s) are you currently reading? Would you recommend it?

I'm reading Shades of Midnight by Lara Adrian at the moment. I really like it so far. It's book 7 in her Midnight Breed series and her books are getting better and better. I just learned yesterday that this book hit the German Spiegel bestseller list on place 3 on the release day so you see we Germans love her books. I recommend her series to all the vampire lovers out there.

Stacy: What is your most anticipated soon to be released book?

So we have Hot Finish (Fast Track #3) by Erin McCarthy. I so can't wait to read this book. [Yes, me too!] I loved the first 2 books and Suzanne was hilarious so far so I think her book will be a blast. And I can't wait to get my hands on Alpha (Shifter #6) by Rachel Vincent. This series has me so hooked and it's the last book so I hope Mrs. Vincent made all the right decisions. LOL, just kidding.

Stacy: What's playing nonstop on your iPod rotation right now?

Oh that one is easy: I can't get enough of Peter Fox at the moment. He's a German HipHopper and I love his album Stadtaffe at the moment. My favorite song at the moment on this one is Alles Neu (Everything New) - wonderful song with a great message. Also I'm an addict to Beatsteaks and there albums Smacksmash and Limbo Messiah are always on my mp3 Player. They are German too but their lyrics are English so be sure to check them out. ;)

Stacy: What are your favorite places to visit online?

Amazon, Twitter, YouTube, GoodReads and book blogs. For the last one it's hard to choose a favorite. I think it depends on what I read at the moment and how much spare time I have. There are some blogs on my nicely called No. 1 blogger list in google reader those I visit every chance I get what unfortunately is not that often at the moment. But I still love them all even if I don't have the time to leave a comment at every visit.

Stacy: What are some of your favorite things: beverage? food? t.v. show?

Okay I'm a coffee addict of the worst case. I can't live without it. My best friends always ask if I already had coffee first thing when she calls me in the morning and she knows why. ;) Favorite food is mashed potatoes with fried eggs sunny side up. Yes, I'm easy that way. LOL Favorite TV show EVER is Star Trek Next Generation but at the moment I'm addicted to Two and a Half Men.

Stacy: Which hottie out there is to die for?

I'm all for Obi Wan Kenobi also known as Ewan McGregor. *dreams*

Stacy: Favorite restaurant?

We have a wonderful greek restaurant in my hometown Staßfurt called Athos II. I love it there. Owned by a very nice family and their dishes are just perfect. I don't have any pics here and it is in a very small town so no website. Sorry about that.

Stacy: What is your idea of a romantic gesture from your sweetie?

I love when he does the small things like writing a txt that he misses me or making me surprise dinner when I get home late from work. He can be such a sweetheart when he wants to but most of the time he is just the smartass I love.

Stacy: What would people be surprised to learn about you?

Okay the online people would be surprised to learn that I'm 1,82m (that should be 6 feet I think) and no I'm not kidding and not many women here are that tall. Most real people are surprised that I'm vegetarian.

--

SusiSunshine- The Geeky Bookworm
http://thegeekybookworm.blogspot.com/
http://book-lovers-inc.blogspot.com/


Cute pic!



Thank you Susi for stopping by :)

Labels: ,

29 Comments

  1. Awesome interview Stacy & Susi.
    Nice to learn things about you Susi. I'm always surprised to hear how far away some people are - the magic of the internet LOL.


  2. Wow didn't know you were that tall Susi, all 9 cm taller than what I am...suddenly I feel very short.


  3. Stacy, thanks so much for having me!

    @Mary G I would die without the internet. And happy I found so many nice ppl across the big pond. =)


  4. @Blodeuedd Yeah, I know. I am too tall. No idea what my parents did too achieve that. Pattoilue already said it's cuz of the dark bread we eat so much here in Germany. LOL


  5. Such a lovely interview Stacy! And Susi Q, you like mash taters too! you're my soul sistah!! LOL!


  6. Bear, I always knew we were. ;)


  7. You a coffe addict Susi...I never would've guessed ROFL I think your very first tweet of the day is: I needs me some coffee *grin* You actually got me started on the stuff again. I haz got me a shiny senseo device that can make me a hot cupa-joe in a minute :) So I gotto ask...what's your favorite kind of coffee? Do you have a latté, expresso...non-fat cream, spill....where do you get your best coffee ingedrients or do you have a favorite coffee shop??


  8. @Leontine I adore my Senseo. My best frienbd ever. LOL For the Senseo I love the Brazil Blend and I'm a boring ordinary coffee girl. Don't need all the fancy schmancy things. Favorite brand for real coffee: Dalmayr Prodomo.
    I like a Latte Macchiato from time to time tho.


  9. Wonderful interview Stacy & Susi. I'm loving learning more about all the people I see online each day.


  10. Awww this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You two rocked this interview! It is always nice to learn about our authors... but even more fun to learn about each other!!!!
    Hugs to all! Hope all is well!


  11. @Liza Thanks hon and I so know what you mean.

    @Cecile Awww thanks. ((hugs))


  12. Hey Susi!!! Fun interview! I'm a coffee addict, vegetarian - love fried eggs sunny-side up. Six feet tall? Wow! I'm impressed! Cute photo. I love your hair!


  13. @Julia Made the pic after coming back from the hairdresser. LOL Love the new cut. Thanks for coming over hon!


  14. Great interview ladies!

    And holy goodness, you're tall Susi! Do you wear heels? My friend is 5'10" and she will not wear heels for anything. I think it's a shame! Do you play sports? Like basketball or something?


  15. @Rowena Yes I wear heals. The small ones more often, the big ones only when I go out. But not more than 10cm or I'm taller than BF. That's a no-go. LOL I had a problem with being that tall as a teenager but thankfully I found BF. I was always afraid of having a BF that isn't that tall. HORROR! I'm old fashioned that way.
    I played team handball as a teenager but I had to stop cuz of a knee injury.


  16. You're so lucky. I've always wanted to be taller. I was the shortest person on the basketball team. But you know, height doesn't matter when you're lying down LOL.


  17. @Mary G I think we always want we don't have. No boy wanted to go out with me in public cuz it looked strange for me being taller LOL. Luckily that changed around 17 when the boys finally started growing.
    And yes luckily it doesn't matter then. ;)


  18. Hi Susi!
    great interview and gorgeous answers :) I can't wait for Alpha too - I've already preordered it *gg*
    wish you all the best, Ina


  19. Hey Ina,
    I did that too and I hope it will be on netgalley a bit before the release. I so want to know what happens. But sadly she already said no chance for all 3 of them to get happy. Me sad about that.


  20. What a great interview Susi and Stacy! I'm a vegetarian too.. lol And I love, love the midnight breeds series.. I can't wait to get Book 7.

    Love the picture BTW and I love your blogs.

    Thank you so much for sharing.


  21. I loved this! So much fun getting to know you better :)


  22. Hey Susi!! I really enjoyed reading about your interesting background. And huge kudos to you and BF for reading in English. I'm curious though, which language do you prefer to read in?

    Oh, BTW, I'm barely 5'2". LOL!


  23. @Lea Another vegetarian. Woot! Haven't eaten meat in 9 years. =) Thanks for coming over hon.

    @Mandi I agree, it is so much fun. Kudos to Stacy.

    @Donna I strangely prefer to read in English. I peaked into a romance novel in German some time back and I couldn't take it seriously. It felt so strange. Nope books in English for me please. I still read the German and Russian authors in German so I'm not totally ruined for the German book market.


  24. Great interview, Susi! It's fun getting to know people better through these interviews.


  25. @Sarah Yep and it was so much fun answering. =)


  26. Great interview Stacy & Susi - thank you! It's so nice to have a bit more of a picture of various bloggers :)


  27. @orannia I agree. Great idea Satcy had there. She is awesome.


  28. Oooops. That was me. Account confusion again here. Sorry. Should drink more coffee. ;)


  29. What a fun interview! Is Magdeburg where they have the water bridge?

    I cannot wait for Alpha either - but I will be sad when it ends :(

    LOVE Star Trek Next Generation - when my son was little we'd watch it together every night waiting for hubs to get home, so it has good memories.


Post a Comment