Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Thursday, July 29, 2010:
Guest spotlight: Marq

I haven't known Marq for very long, but I really like her strong personality and her definite opinions. She is someone I met on Twitter, and now that I've finally got her Twitter handle all figured out *g*, I'm enjoying following her tweets. I also like her blog, and the bright, brilliant color. To me, that represents how she is - bold and colorful. And now here's your chance to get to know her yourself :)


Stacy: Feel free to tell us about yourself: name, background, etc. Are you a reader/blogger/writer?

My name is Marquetta. I go by Marq (sounds like Mark) online to make my life easier. LOL! It’s not easy having a name that has “Q” in it. People don’t know what to do with it! I’m an underpaid, over-worked WOTHM (Work Outside The Home Mom). I envy women who stay at home. I feel like being out in the work force is over-rated! I’m married and have an 11 yr old son. My husband has his own business so I’m basically a single parent right now which increases my already high stress level. But thanks to my bloggy friends and twitter, I manage to keep myself a little sane. I am a blogger and I love it. I consider that my 3rd job. LOL!

Do you have a blog? What is the name/link and how would you describe your blog?


The name of my blog is Love To Read For Fun. I wanted to think of a title that reflected my love of reading. I’m not sure if I like the title but I’m going to stick with it for now. It has worked well for 8 months and no one has complained! My blog is a reflection of what I like to read which is mainly romance. I sometimes blog about things that interest me, like TV shows. A couple of months ago I wrote a post about my top 5 favorite Buffy episodes. I loved writing that post and hope to write similar posts in the future.


What book(s) are you currently reading? Would you recommend it?


I just finished reading Comfort Food by Kitty Thomas. It’s an erotic, BDSM novel with a spin. I would definitely recommend it. I’m still trying to wrap my head around it.

What is your most anticipated soon to be released book?


I am definitely on pins and needles waiting for Shadowfever, the final book in the Fever series by Karen Moning. The book isn’t coming out until January 18, 2011 but I’m already making plans to take that day off! I’m also looking forward to Sin Undone by Larissa Ione and Taken by Midnight by Lara Adrian.


What's playing nonstop on your iPod rotation right now?


The Glee Music soundtrack. I absolutely love that show! Every episode had great music. Whenever I listen to it, it puts me in a great mood. And considering how hectic life has been this summer, I have all 5 albums on heavy rotation.


What are your favorite places to visit online?


I love twitter (does that count?) and I love Amazon.com so that I can constantly tempt myself with book buying. And as much of a douche as he is, I visit Perez Hilton’s website daily.

What are some of your favorite things: beverage? food? t.v. show?


My favorite beverage – I don’t really have one. I don’t drink sodas. I’ve had to cut back on my alcohol consumption because it’s now yet another thing that triggers my migraines. Right now I’m all about drinking water and having the occasional beer – Land Shark. As for food, I’m from Memphis and we are known for our BBQ so for me, anything cooked on the grill with barbecue sauce is my favorite food! I haven’t been watching as much TV as I have in the past. I’ve become very selective with what TV shows I decide to devote my time to. My favorites are Glee, True Blood and Modern Family. And my super, secret guilty pleasure is The Real Housewives shows on Bravo. They are hilarious and complete train wrecks!


Which hottie out there is to die for?



I make no secret of who I am lusting after. I think all my twitter friends are aware that I have a major boner for Mehcad Brooks. When I saw him on True Blood last season I fell in love. He’s had a long acting career and I remember seeing him in movies and other shows. But I didn’t really notice him until True Blood. Maybe because he was shirtless a lot. R.I.P. Eggs. :(

I also love Matthew Morrison (Mr. Schuester) from Glee. He’s doesn’t have the smoking hot sexiness of Mehcad but there’s something about him that I find incredibly sexy.

Favorite restaurant?


I love sushi so my favorite restaurant is Asian Bistro. I could eat there a couple of times a week. If it was closer to my house and I was rich, I probably would eat there several times a week!




What is your idea of a romantic gesture from your sweetie?

I’m materialistic. LOL! I doubt many women would readily admit it. But there’s no shame in my game. I’m also a techno geek so for me a romantic gesture would be getting me the latest electronic gadget *cough* iPad *cough*.

What would people be surprised to learn about you?

Even though it may not seem like it on twitter but I’m very closed off. I am not a friendly person when you first meet me. I don’t open up to people easily. I think it comes from moving a lot when I was little (military brat). People mistake it for shyness but what I’m really doing is checking you out, trying to decide if getting to know you is worth the effort.

Well, there you have it! *g* Thank you Marq, for being my guest today. It's been great fun, and I love how you have definite opinions and don't have a problem sharing them. Definitely makes things more interesting :)

Labels: ,

15 Comments

  1. Hey Marq..

    Lovely interview - it's always nice to find out more about the person behind the blog...

    I am also a fan of Mehcad Brooks - I dont watch True Blood - but I google him enough to see all the RIP pics...

    Make sure you send the link for this post to hubs - he will know what you are lusting after... that is if the note on the note on the bathroom mirror don't work...

    :)


  2. What a wonderful interview. I love how you are letting everyone get to know your Twitter friends. :) I have seen Marq on twitter and find her hilarious.


  3. Another great interview! Stacy, my GReader is bursting at the seams because of you! Another blog to add. And another person to follow on twitter :) Sheesh! (or yay as the case may be *g*)


  4. Very fun interview Marq!

    I'm like you in that I'm a lot friendlier ONLINE than I am in real life. I have to warm up to people before I show my sparkling personality...haha.

    Mehcad..is he one of the lawyers on The Deep End? He's a cutie patootie!


  5. Hi Marq! Hi Stacy! Great interview. I love following Marq on Twitter, she CRACKS ME UP! We are both Real Housewives of fans :P


  6. Great post - stopped over from Love to Read for Fun - new follower!


  7. I'm very happy to have learned some more about my pimp slapping partner! I have to say that I have lots of fun with Marq on Twitter and I look forward to saying something daily to her to get her riled up!

    Marq is the real deal folks. She says what's on her mind and I heart her for that. :D


  8. thanks for the great interview! Marq - you rock out the hotties and book reviews! I also love that you are a Buffy fan like me!


  9. Great intereview Marq and Stacy - thank you!

    Marq - I'm listening to the first and second GLee soundtracks ATM!


  10. Hi Marq:

    Nice to get to know you here at Stacy's and I enjoyed your fun interview. I know how busy it can be balancing a work life and home life and blog life!

    Your blog sounds like great fun and I'm so glad you shared with us in this lovely interview!

    Thank you.


  11. Dear Marq,
    This is Mar, your fave Puerto Rican on Twitter as well as your SOLO cup weekend bud. I loved your interview, just read it right now. Didn't want you think that you were THAT important that I would go running to it yesterday. Actually, I did but at work, it won't let me comment. :) You are on of my fave people to talk to on the twatter...you are funny as hell, straight-forward which I love and just plain goodness. Don't get a big head, OK?
    Tu amiga,
    Mariselle
    I also cut my name short because peoples heads blow up. Geez.

    Great interview, Stacy!


  12. EH, I love how open and interesting everyone has been. Their habits and interests are so varied, yet it's our love of reading that brought us all together. Love that! And love the new hotties I'm discovering too ;)

    Tori, I agree. I admire how Marq is very upfront and honest about herself without being mean in any way. Being frank is refreshing, and I wish I had more of that in me.

    Lori, I know what you mean LOL. SO many awesome blogs out there, and people like Marq are so creative. I'm having a blast with all this :)

    Rowena, it's hard for me to imagine you as not being friendly but I get what you mean. Still, I'm a big fan of yours *g*

    Pam, I'm so not a fan of reality t.v., but from what I've heard that particular one is an irresistible trainwreck, so I get the appeal. Marq is hilarious!

    Hey Beverly, thank you for stopping by! That's another cool thing about doing this, is getting to know even more cool and interesting people. Twitter has really introduced me to so many people, and it's branched out from there.

    Bells, I totally agree about Marq. You two crack me up all the time *g*

    Jen, count me in as a Buffy fan! Love, love LOVE it! I'm about to start season 5 again. Not many shows out there that are as beloved.

    Orannia, I am so ready to find out about Glee! It's coming up in my Netflix queue. Can't wait.

    Thanx Mar. I love the bonding some of us have done on Twitter, and I wish I had more time to play. (Pssst, your turn will be coming fyi *g*)


  13. This comment has been removed by the author.


  14. Thanks for the comments everyone! I totally enjoyed answering Stacy's questions.

    EH - I've seen Mehcad in other shows and movies before he was on True Blood but True Blood fanned the flames. He is so sexy; it should be a crime!

    Tori - Thanks! I am even more hilarious in person. LOL! I kid, I kid.

    Lori - Yay! A new blog follower! I'll try not to disappoint.

    Rowena - Once I decided that I like you, I'm a great,loyal friend. It's one of the qualities of an Aquarius.*toots own horn* Yeah he was on The Deep End. He's on a new show this Fall on ABC. I saw the commercial for it a while ago. I can't remember the show's name.

    Pamela - You crack me up! The Real Housewives are a piece of work aren't they? I hope DC is just as entertaining.

    Beverly - Thanks!

    Bells - I have tons of fun with you on twitter too. Sometimes too much fun! Makes me wonder if the twitterverse think we're crazy. LOL! But I love it. We enable each others foolishness. You know how I do; I try to keep it real.

    Jen - I am so happy that the Logo channel airs Buffy repeats. I can get my fix 7 days a week! Woot! I'm still working on getting the series DVD set. And I still need to read the graphic novels.

    Orannia - I love the Glee soundtrack. I listen to it daily while at work. It helps me get through the afternoon.

    Lea - Thanks. I know I said that my blog is my 3rd job and sometimes it feels like it but I love it so much. I'm slowly finding a way to balance everything.

    Mar - I should have known you would come out the mouth all crazy and ish. LOL! Save the best for last, huh? Thanks for the compliment. I like messing with you. It makes me giggle. Like just now, reading your comment made me laugh. I already have a big head (literally) so I don't think it can get any bigger! Glad to know I have a SOLO cup drinking buddy. What we drinking this weekend?

    And I can't believe people have problems with your name? It's called Hooked on Phonics people - sound it out! Sheesh!

    Besos!!
    xoxo


  15. This comment has been removed by the author.


Post a Comment