Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Friday, August 06, 2010:
Guest spotlight: Kati

I am lucky enough to have know Kati for years. We first met at a blog called Romance B(u)y the Book and have since kept in touch. We tend to (mostly) love the same books, moies and hotties, and I've met up with Kati many, many times oer the last 4 years. She is definitely one of my most favorite people ever. And if you don't already know Kati, now here's your chance :)

Stacy: Feel free to tell us about yourself: name, background, etc. Are you a reader/blogger/writer?

My name is Kati, and I’m a long, long time reader of romance. My first was Nora Roberts’ Irish Thoroughbred in 1983, which I read when I was 12. And I never looked back. I grew up mostly in the Washington, DC area, where I still reside. I work for NASA planning events that surround vehicle launches for the Office of Education. I’ve been a meeting planner about 12 years, which speaks to my personality, I’m both bossy and hyper-organized. K

Do you have a blog? What is the name/link and how would you describe your blog?

My blog is called Katidom. I started it in 2007 because my sister, Sara, has a condition called spasmodic dysphonia, which is a constriction of her vocal chords. For about two years she never spoke above a whisper, which meant no talking on the phone. So she and I both started blogs as a way to keep up. My blog is mostly about the romance I read, although I blog quite a bit about pop culture (I’m a total junkie), and I do fashion round-ups after all the awards shows, which seem to be quite popular.

What book(s) are you currently reading? Would you recommend it?

I’m reading Sherry Thomas’s His at Night. It’s interesting, I read her first, Private Arrangements and I absolutely LOATHED it. I couldn’t stand the hero or the heroine and I can honestly say I was not invested at all in their Happily Ever After. But last year, the fabulous Kmont of Lurv a la Mode reviewed Not Quite A Husband, which convinced me I should give Thomas another shot. Not Quite a Husband was in my Top 10 favorite romances of last year. So His at Night was an autobuy for me. I’m absolutely adoring it, although it’s much less angsty and dramatic than NQAH. This book is light and delicious, like a pastry. Thomas has such a mastery of the written word. Her prose is deft and compelling, and her characterizations are brilliant. I’d recommend His at Night to anyone.

What is your most anticipated soon to be released book?

Hm. This is a hard question. Probably the next Guild Hunter book by Nalini Singh. Singh has catapulted to the very top of my favorite authors list. Although, running a very close second would be Lisa Kleypas’s next contemporary. I don’t know why, but Lisa’s contemporary novels speak deeply to me. And each and every one of them is a re-read for me.

What's playing nonstop on your iPod rotation right now?

The Zac Brown Band, both The Foundation and Pass the Jar. Zac Brown is summertime music to me. I defy you to listen to Toes and not immediately wish you were at the beach. But then again, listen to Highway 21, or Free and not walk away emotional. I love this band desperately.

What are your favorite places to visit online?
Hm, well, I have over 250 blogs in my Google Reader. My first three stops in the morning are People.com, USA Today’s Life Page, and the Pop Watch blog on Entertainment Weekly’s website (see? Pop Culture junkie). For Reading? The Book Smugglers, Katiebabs, Smart Bitches, Smokin’ Hot Books and Smexy Books are my favorites. For Romance Authors: LB Gregg, Nalini Singh, Larissa Ione, and Odd Shots.

What are some of your favorite things: beverage? food? t.v. show?

Let’s see:

Beverage (non-alcoholic): Diet Dr. Pepper/Diet Dew
Beverage (alcoholic): Maker’s Mark & Diet Dr. Pepper
Food: I’m a huge carnivore, I like a ribeye cooked medium and grilled shrimp
TV Show: I think that Friday Night Lights is the smartest show on television and I’m obsessed. It combines two of my favorite things: Football and Taylor Kitsch.

Which hottie out there is to die for?

Taylor Kitsch. I have deep, cougarish, lusty thoughts about Taylor Kitsch. He played town bad-boy Tim Riggins on Friday Night Lights, and for those who saw X-Men: Wolverine, he was Gambit.

Favorite restaurant?
Fast Food: Chik-fil-A

Regular: A steakhouse, I’m not particularly picky about which.

What is your idea of a romantic gesture from your sweetie?

My man is an amazing chef. He makes the most delicious meals. When I go to visit him on the weekends, he calls me on Thursday night to find out what I want to eat all weekend, and then he cooks every meal. It’s the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me.

What would people be surprised to learn about you?
Well, it’s not a shock to those who read my blog, but I am a die-hard professional football fan. I live and die by the Washington Redskins. I can name every player on the roster and am obsessed enough that I can actually diagram the Cover 2 defense. On the other hand, I am a remarkably girly-girl. My phone is pink, my computer is pink, and I’m a total priss. But I loves me some football.

Thank you Kati my darlin' for being here! Always, ALWAYS a pleasure to chat with you and catch up on what's what. I hope you have a fabulous weekend :)


Here's my Taylor because, well, why not? ;)

Labels: ,

10 Comments

  1. Another nice introduction to an on line friend Stacy.

    Kati I really love the Zac Brown Band too although I haven't picked up Pass The Pickle Jar yet, I love their first cd and am so glad that they are seeing some success. I really like Friday Night Lights too...although I am not as obcessed as you over it. Thanks for sharing more about yourself here. Great post.


  2. Hi Kati! I enjoy following your blog and your Twitter! Great to learn a little more about you!


  3. Thanks so much for having me, Stacy! This was such a fun interview. I think that you're a genius to feature your bloggy friends. Makes it so easy to get to know people!

    MUAH!


  4. I've been very honored to have met Kati and talked with her many times. Such a sweet, giving person and I'm a better person for knowing her.


  5. @KB - Awwww, thanks doll. *blush*


  6. Hi Kati--so nice to learn some more about you. I enjoy reading your blog. :)


  7. I love Taylor Kitsch!


  8. Great intereview Kati & Stacy - love the photo of you both!

    ...and I do fashion round-ups after all the awards shows, which seem to be quite popular.

    *nods enthusiatically*

    And yummy photos of Taylor!


  9. Great interview! I've met Kati and she's just as terrific in person as she is online.

    Kati, I don't always have time to post but your blog is a daily stop for me. And I love your awards show fashion round-ups!


  10. I've met Kati once in person and had so much fun :) She knows her romance books like NO ONE ELSE!!!

    However, I may have to take her down next time for being a Redskins fan.

    Ravens all the way ;)


Post a Comment