Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Thursday, October 01, 2009:
Why I, me, myself MUST HAVE "Hunter's Need" (by that Shiloh Walker writer)
Some of you may not know this about me, but I proudly stalk Shiloh Walker. I'm not ashamed of it because as far as I'm concerned, her books are just THAT good. I am completely hooked on her Hunters series, and they just keep getting better and better.

And in the interest of full disclosure, Shiloh is totally aware of my stalker tendencies, but she still puts up with me anyway *g* Even going so far as to pose for pictures as she did back in June. I guess I don't scare her much, which is probably a very good thing.

Now I just love the title of her latest Hunter book - "Hunter's Need". Because that is what my post is all about: need. I NEED to have "Hunter's Need". Not just "I would like to have", not "I should get", not even I want this book. No, it's all about NEED.

Why do I NEED this book? Well, why the hell not? This series completely rocks. Shi writes with a style that totally appeals to me as a reader. The stories are engrossing and emotional, peppered with amazing characters - each having their own distinctive voice - who struggle with real issues while dealng extraordinary abilities that they don't always have a handle on.

Shiloh has an incredibly vivid imagnation, and it shows in her stories, whether it's a straight-up contemporary, a historical with paranormal tendencies, or her Hunter series. The last one I read, "Fragile", was so moving, very character-driven. She gets you so caught up in the story that you forget for awhile that it's not real, at least not any place I've ever been to.

Here is just a taste of what I NEED to have.....

* * * * *
HIS CHALLENGE
Duke is bitter. A shapeshifter betrayed by the psychic powers of Analise Morell, he cannot forgive her for putting him in the clutches of a feral vampire, but he also can’t shake his desire for her. And when she needs a Hunter, Duke must face his demons—and hers…

HER MISSION
Desperate voices are battering Ana’s psychic shields. A serial killer with extraordinary powers is about to strike again, and the tormented souls of his previous victims are screaming for her help. But Ana can’t understand why they want her…

Their INSATIABLE desire
After what she did to him, Ana is sure Duke must be using her…but if he is, so be it. Ana can’t fight her longing for him, can’t fight the desire that’s haunted her for years. For Duke, every fiber of his soul—both the man and the cougar within—yearns to protect and possess her.…
* * * * *

Labels: ,

13 Comments

  1. This sounds really good! I love shifters :)


  2. I haven't read anything by Shiloh Walker, looks like I need to add her to my wishlist. BTW - love that cover!


  3. Great series and author!

    I highly recommend reading any of her books especially the Hunter series and Chains!


  4. I really like the Hunter series too - I'll look for this one when it comes out.

    And yes, Shiloh is a just one sweet woman. I met her last year and she's just great.


  5. I have never read her...


  6. shallow hal in my says: Great cover and me reading the synopsis says Wow, this sounds goooood! I needs to try this author.

    I hope your needs are met quickly Stacy!!


  7. Hope you win the contest!


  8. Hi Stacy
    Shiloh is one of my absolute faves.
    I've read all her contemps & Fragile & The Missing just stand out.Going to try her others now.


  9. I read one of Shiloh Walkers Hunters bks many moon ago and caught her on Elloras Cave, well not caught more like published. I was so mad when I went into Borders the other day, they only had 1 copy of her book from like 4 yrs ago. I was this close *pinching fingers* to writing Borders a post-it note. I'm not sure why I stopped reading her series, clearly a brain fart :)


  10. Sounds like a good book.


  11. Sounds so good. Thanks for introducing (us) me to the books. :)


  12. This is a new author to me; sounds good!


  13. I've had Fragile on my TBR list for ages! Not sure why I haven't read the Hunter series...perhaps I should rectify that *grin*


Post a Comment