Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, September 21, 2009:
Weddings and Love Happens....


This past weekend was the wedding of one of my absolute favorite people, who also happens to be a co-worker. The weather was gorgeous, the bride was beaming, the groom was nervous but happy. It was the perfect day to get married, and it was wonderful event to be a part of. (Note: I don't have any pictures w/o me in them, so I'm going to have to find some to crop if I can).

Of course being a single girl, I admit to also feeling twinges of sadness amidst all the excitement. 99.9999% of the time I'm basically good with the status quo, but on a day like Saturday, where romance was in the air and everyone looked happy and beautiful and in love, it made me a littl weepy. J is just starting out her new life, and as thrilled as I am for her and her , there's also a bit of envy in my heart. Bad Stacy, LOL. Srsly though, I hope J is this happy for the rest of her life. I can't think of too many people who deserve it as much as she does. She's one of those genuinely nice people who is liked by everyone, and seeing her so radiant on Saturday lifted my spirits. So with much affection, I wish all the best to J & S for a long and happy life together :)

In other news, I went and saw this movie over the weekend since another co-worker really wanted to see it. It wasn't one I was dying to see, but it was fun getting together.


I really liked Jennifer Aniston's portrayal of Eloise. She was a little quirky but not overly so. In fact she seemed pretty well-adjusted as the owner of a flower shop, where she made unbelievably gorgeous arrangements. In fact that's how her and Aaron's character, Burke, meet; she does the floral arrangements for the hotel he's staying at in Seattle during one of his "A-Okay" seminars.

If you've seen the previews, you probably have a good idea what it's about. It was a film that took its sweet time telling its story. We see how Aaron's character, supposedly so composed and together 3 years after the death of his wife, slowly starts to unravel. He thinks he's dealt with his grief, and in turn believes he can help others get through it as well. Only his way of griefing was by pushing it aside and just moving on, and it's just not working anymore.

I won't tell you what happens, not that there's much of a mystery to spoil, yet I will say it definitely made me cry during certain parts. Walter especially, played by John Carroll Lynch from "Carnivale", had me all choked up at his portrayal of a reluctant seminar attendee who'd lost his son in a tragic accident.

It's a moving film but I could have probably waited for it to be out on DVD to watch it and not have regretted missing it on the big screen. I guess I just prefer to do my crying at home instead of in the movie theatre.

So that was my exciting weekend. I now have to gear up for next weekend for a 2-day work event, so I will most likely be m.i.a. for a lot of it. I hate giving up my weekend, but I remind myself that I'm grateful to have a job, and part of it will be a lot of fun, so it's not the end of the world.


Speaking of which, what's going on in your world?

Labels: ,

6 Comments

  1. Oh Stacy, I am married and I envy those days... when romance is evident. Hubby is not a big "romance kinda guy"... so when it is in my face, the green eyed monster comes out!
    But I am glad that over all you had a great time!!!
    Have a wonderful Monday honey!


  2. I heart weddings :) My brother just got married this past July and it was so much fun!!

    What's going on in my world? A big fat nothing. Which in a way is good. Kind of boring, but good ;)


  3. Sounds like a beautiful wedding on a beautiful day Stacy!

    How wonderful for your friend!!

    I'm glad you enjoyed "Love Happens", it got the absolute worst review possible here, I'm not kidding. So I am glad you enjoyed.

    PS: A little envy is really a-okay.. ;)

    L


  4. I feel exactly the same way at weddings.

    As to what is going on in my world, well, I am in between jobs at the moment which is exciting but nerve wracking!


  5. Not 'Bad Stacy', 'Human Stacy'! Actually, I drafted a post yesterday asking myself why I read romance novels...because sometimes while reading them (or watching a romantic comedy or even in real life) that little bit of envy appears and it is so very hard to see what you want right in front of you and know you don't have it....and may not ever have it. And then you wonder why you put yourself through the torture in the first place.

    Sorry :( I look forward to seeing the photos and good luck for this weekend!

    As for me...I'm learning more than I ever wanted to know about hot water cylinders :)


  6. Single girl here too Stacy, so I know just how you feel at weddings. No matter how happy we are for our friends, there is always that little bit of envy. Can't wait to see the pictures and congrats to your friend.


Post a Comment