Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Wednesday, October 15, 2008:
Prizes to be announced soon!
I know I was supposed to be drawing names already for my birthday contests, but between celebrating and work and the emergency room* and just plain laziness, I haven't gotten around to it quite yet. I decided to wait until after all the contests were over, so if not this evening, definitely by Saturday.
* I am horrible about going to the doctor. For the last 2 months or so, I've been having problems breathing, and I thought (hoped) it would just go away, but it hasn't. I suspected I have asthma, so I went to the hospital on Tuesday after a rather tough night, and ended up going to the emergency room. The good news is my heart & lungs are strong and clear, but they didn't make a diagnosis, though they suspect it could be asthma, so now I'll be following up with the doctor in a few days (weeks). I am not a patient person, and I hate going to the doctor, and I have a business trip all next week so I might not get around to this right away.
The bright part of the whole experience (besides the clean bill of health of course) was Eric, the young tech, or nurse, or whatever, who took out my I.V. Very cute, very personable, and very good at his job. In fact he told me the next time I need an I.V., to be sure to ask for him. Well Eric, even as cute as you are, I hope not to have to go back, thank you very much.
And since I mentioned my business trip, I will mention I'll be in Oakland and will probably have limited access to blogging, if any at all. I'm going to try and throw together some posts for the one or two visitors I have *g* but don't expect much. I leave on Sunday morning, returning the following Saturday afternoon, then I'm seeing "Wicked" (for the 2nd time) on the 26th.
Now I must go. I'll catch ya later...

Labels:

3 Comments

  1. Eeek! Sorry to hear about the emergency room, Stace! Hope you're feeling better. Did they give you some albuterol? I'm asthmatic and that's what I use when I get a little tight chested.

    Feel better soon, my friend!


  2. Thanx Kati. Nope, they gave me nothing. I think they want to do more tests before giving me anything. Damn them!


  3. Yikes! I hope you're feeling better! Keep us posted, k?


Post a Comment