Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Tuesday, October 06, 2009:
Stuff....
I still haven't been reading much lately, but it's more from being so exhausted than from a reading slump. I have a ton of great books to read, just too tired to read them, so that sucks. It took me about 3 weeks to finish Evanovich's "Fearless Fourteen", and that's not good. Lately I've been reading a bunch of categories, Harlequin Presents to be exact, because they are quick reads that don't require a lot of concentration.

I've also been on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster these days and it's driving me nuts. I'm not really an emotional person, or at least I never was. I never cried at commercials, even the really sappy ones. Now it doesn't take much to set me off. It's so weird. If I didn't know better (and believe me I know VERY WELL) I'd think I was pregnant. But I think the combination of stress, lack of sleep and feeling a little left out just snowballed into this hormonal typhoon that's sucked me dry. I want to go back to being my apathetic self. I miss me LOL.

But I did catch up on a lot of sleep this weekend. Saturday night I met a friend for dinner at Big Bowl, this really yummy Asian restaurant, and then we went and saw Robin Williams for his Chicago performance the “Weapons of Self-Destruction” comedy tour. OMG was that fun. If you're not easily offended and not a prude, I think you would have loved it too. I'm not the biggest fan, but I've enjoyed some of his movies over the years, so I didn't mind going to see him in concert. I don't find him sexy like my friend L does, but then again she used to think Richard Simmons was sexy, so her opinion is rather questionable at best. Still, it was a fun time, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Television-wise, I just finished Season 5 of Gilmore Girls, where Lorelai asks Luke to marry her. Don't tell me what happens, but I hope he says "yes". I like him much better than Rory's father. Personally I think Christopher is a wimp, and Lorelai's parents are aggravating, but Luke, I like. And Rory, what is going on with that girl? She used to be so much less dependent on men, now she's all into Logan and he's turning her into such a sissy girl. Really hate that. Don't get me wrong, Logan's cute in his own way, but I hate who spineless Rory's become since he entered the picture. I have a feeling there will be 2 more seasons of this...
Updated to add: I finally grabbed something off the TBR pile! "Kill Me Twice" by Roxanne St. Claire is this week's lucky winner.
***
So, what's up with you?

Labels:

15 Comments

  1. Hi Stacey,

    I hope you feel better soon, I think we all have these periods in life, at least it sounds very familiar to me!

    Hugs!


  2. Hey Stace -

    Sorry about the weapies. I totally understand and can sympathize completely. I almost always go into hibernation when the weather turns colder. Maybe that's what's up with you. Either way, I really hope that you start feeling better soon.

    Robin Williams sounds fab! Hope that things pick up for you soon.


  3. Hey Stacy. I feel you about just been far too tired to read. I haven't read much lately, either. I think it's a combination of lack of sleep, and a bit of a slump. Nothing seems to keep my attention. I just read LK's latest and it kind of got me back in the groove.

    I love Robin Williams. He's hilarious. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. Feel better soon!


  4. Hope you feel like youself again soon, Stacy. I've been there before, and I tend to sleep lots when I feel that way. No reading and really don't even spend much time talking with friends when I feel that way.

    Glad you enjoyed Robin Williams. I've heard before that he is so funny live, but I've never gotten a chance to see him. Love that you ate at Big Bowl first. My friends and I almost always eat at Big Bowl when we come to Chicago.


  5. AWWW..I love Lorelei and Luke. *shakes fist at Christopher*

    I am a Jess fan all the way. She should have run off with him when she had the chance. Poor Jess!!


  6. Oh I hope you're feeling better soon. I hate it when I have those emotional periods.

    I used to love Robin Williams when he was virtually an unknown. He's still funny, but in a completely different way. Glad you had fun.

    then again she used to think Richard Simmons was sexy, so her opinion is rather questionable at best.

    This made me laugh - hard!


  7. Hope you feel better soon, Stacy. I think we do all go through it. :(


  8. hey Marissa :) Yes it seems we are living perpetually exhausting lives, with no end in sight. Thank God for weekends. I appreciate the hugs!

    Kati, I definitely think the weather has had something to do with it. Today & even yesterday were much better though. Thanx for your positive thoughts. I've been so whiny lately it's a wonder I haven't chased everyone away LOL. Appreciate you sticking around :)

    Barbara, I think the lack of reading is over! Yay! Hope you feel better soon. Miss your daily posts :)

    Liza, winter sucks LOL. It's been a better week. Yep, Big Bowl is fast becoming one of my faves!

    Mandi, how can you not love a man who takes such good care of you yet isn't a sissy? AND he has chest hair LOL. I hope my prayers about these 2 are answered. Jess was cool til the end, then he was a wuss! What happened there???

    Tracy, yes my friend is crazy. Certifiable. She was also hot for Elton John, and Barry Scheck (from OJ trial) and really anyone with a big nose. Her tastes are definitely very...open-minded.

    Toni you're right. I've just been whining more than most. I get tired of putting up with me LOL. Thanx for the kind thoughts :)


  9. Been there, done that, will no doubt be there again.

    Stress/feeling blue sucks. It probably doesn't help much, but know you're definitely not alone!

    Hope you feel better soon.


  10. Well Stacy, I am just hoping that you get to feeling like yourself soon. There is nothing worst, than not being yourself!
    But like so many say... we have all have been there, done that and will be back there as well!
    Just know that you have use to "vent" it out too!!!
    (((hugs to you hon)))


  11. You'll jump out of your slump soon. Luckily they don't last forever. Maybe it's the seasons changing.

    I bet Robin Williams was a riot! That man can have me rolling on floor laughing. :D


  12. Damn estrogen gets in the way :) I find if I have missed more hours of my beauty sleep everything becomes "kind of a bid deal", tantrums are thrown, emotions are high, soooo been there.

    I used to love Gilmore Girls, except my hubs name is Rory and it's just too weird for me now.


  13. K. If thinking that your friend thinks Richard Simmons is sexy isn't enough to drive the blues away...


    I think the blues happen to us all. At least I know they happen to me. Way more often than I'd like. Hang in there - the self-pity party will end eventually. Always does :)

    And yay you! Is this your first Bullet Catcher book? Love me some Bullet Catchers!


  14. I hate getting the blues. Hey maybe you should go bookshopping and search for a new author to enjoy. That might work.

    I think it's probably the weather. I love fall myself but always feel a bit of a let down when summer finally is over and fall begins.

    Hope you feel better soon.


  15. (((Stacy))) You're not whining. There are just days when it feels like you're stumbling over every rock on the path...which makes it really hard to pick yourself up and keep going. I hope things improve soon...sounds like you need to do something just for you :)

    Take care x


Post a Comment