Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Thursday, July 17, 2008:
When life throws you lemons...have a martini!
Photobucket
Okay, now if I did that everytime things got a bit rough, I'd be inebriated 80% of the time. I confess, I'm not much of a drinker (not with at least one parent being an alcoholic) but when I do go out, I like to have a good time and find a drink that tastes so good that I let loose a bit and let my internal filter go on break for awhile. Tonight was one of those nights.
A group of us from work got together just to hang out, and let me tell ya, the martinis were flowing like water. Top them off with some yummy appetizers - spicy calamari and loaded potato skins - and you've got yourself a good time. Add a little eye candy (aka a former co-worker who's now a cop), some trashy gossip and lots of innuendo, and you've got yourself a damn fine party. Getting to sit next to said eye candy? Even better. 'Course the guy's a former player who has been married for the last two years, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying the scenery.
Which is all I would have done anyway. If V were single, and in the unlikely event showed any actual interest in me, there would be no way I'd date a guy like that. I know I couldn't be with someone who's always looking for the next conquest. Some women can do it, I just don't happen to be one of them. I guess a player is really just a modern-day rake, and while they supposedly make the best husbands, in reality I don't think it's quite that simple, or as romantic. That's too bad, because reforming a rake sounds like an awful lot of fun.
Ever date a player?
Good times, or nothing but a nightmare?
Do you think they can reform and settle on one woman,
or once a player, always a player?

Labels: ,

7 Comments

  1. Nope, never dated a player.
    Sounds like a WONDERFUL time.
    In books they settle for one love for all time and make a great hero, but in real life the cynical side of me says once a player, always a player.


  2. Look at the Hollywood and sports scenes- those are Players with a capital P. A-Rod and Madonna? Can these people just be happy with one person without feeling the need to cause upheaval for their kids and families every few years?

    I am so glad I have a nice stable hubby and marriage.

    On the other hand, they are fun to flirt with. I do know a bunch of people who would qualify. And all the single guys who can't find someone decent to date.


  3. Yeah Kristie, I feel the same. I could never completely trust the guy.

    Ev, the excitement sure wouldn't be worth all the pain. Glad you have a happy marriage. To me, that would be way more important than trying to hold on to a player. And there's nothing wrong with flirting. Believe it or not, quiet little me can hold her own when it comes to that LOL. Not that I'm a huge flirt, but I do indulge on occasion.


  4. Players? Yes. I've dated them. It never ends well. At least for me.

    I dated a guy once who, I swear, flirted with every woman he met. EVERY ONE. It used to drive me a little crazy. Thing is though, he was southern, and for whatever reason, I truly think he didn't realize that he was being so flirty, it was just ingrained in him. It made me NUTS!


  5. So glad you had a good time. Wish I could have been there :)

    No players for me. I found the right guy when we were young.


  6. I've dated a few men who thought they were players and they weren't. LOL
    I am all for the eye candy and wouldn't mind flirting with a player, but as for dating them? Nah.


  7. Nope, never dated a player and never will. Although I dated a lying, scheming, cheating, snake-in-the-grass once.


Post a Comment