Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Wednesday, July 09, 2008:
Because I'm worth it...
Photobucket
My friend L recently had a pretty bad "break-up" with her FWB (yeah, so much for no strings) and decided she was going to spoil herself a little. She actually treated herself to two things, one practical, one not so much. She bought new glasses, which she's been wanting for awhile, and since she's a huge fan of Rod Stewart, she bought tickets to his upcoming concert. I was pretty proud of her because she usually doesn't spoil herself, and after the grief this guy put her through, she more than deserved something to put a smile on her face.
In the last year, I've splurged on a few things for myself - a new laptop, a new digital camera, my upcoming trip to RWA (still working on that tattoo - just haven't found the right design yet). I'm also trying to save up for a new car in the next few years. But sometimes it's nice to have those moments of consumer spontaneity - buy first, think (and pay) later. As women, we don't really treat ourselves as often as we probably should. And we should, you know, because we ARE worth it.
What do you buy when you you really want to treat yourself?
(ahem, books is too obvious)
What's the last "nice" thing you bought for yourself,
as a reward, or just because?

Labels:

12 Comments

  1. mine was a new kitchen *g* And once I find the cord to hook my camera up to the computer, I WILL post pictures of before and after.
    I didn't know you were going to SF too!! Squeal!!! We will have to get together!!!!
    So I suppose you can say that's a reward to myself too *g*


  2. Shoes. Shoes. Shoes. And purses. Cltohes come in third.

    I love shoes.

    I'd have a hard time hiding a new kitchen from hubby.

    Although I like the idea.


  3. Huh. Well, I buy books. But if I'm really needing some comfort, I guess I buy electronics. Something new to play with always makes me happy. Or I book a vacation.


  4. I can't even think of anything. That's sad.


  5. I splurge too much :o) Let’s see I’ve done a few vacations, my tv series box sets, and my camera.

    I can’t wait till RWA!!


  6. Thank you for the warm welcome.

    hum.....(apart from book) it's mostly just a night out with friends ,I just looove going to see a movie.


  7. I can't even remember. Because I haven't been allowed to buy books, I DO buy them when I've had a rough week and want a pick me up. LOL


  8. Aside from the obvious (books), I like to get a pedicure.

    And I didn't know you were going to RWA! I hope we get the chance to meet!

    email me at mctclover at gmail.com and I'll send you my cell number so we can hook up.

    And can I say? I much prefer Kristie's new kitchen to a pedicure any old day!


  9. Huh. I honestly can't remember. Sad, no?

    oh wait, I bought myself a pedicure not that long ago. And an eyebrow wax (although I think I file that under necessity..LOL).

    It's true, we as women don't spoil ourselves enough...maybe I'll work on that.

    PS. I CAN COMMENT ON YOUR SITE! YAY!!! :P


  10. Books? LOL
    Usually a nice outfit. :D


  11. Cool Kristie! Yep, we need to meet up :)

    Ev, never went for shoes. I've got like, 4 pairs. It's crazy, I know.

    Kati, you've had some pretty cool vacays, let me tell ya. I am so jealous.

    Kel, maybe you take more joy out of being with your kids.

    LeeAnn, I see you as being really responsible and you should treat yourself. You're a great mom and a hard worker. You're entitled.

    Hi Pidute. I love the movies, too. I'm going to go see "Iron Man" tomorrow night with a friend to celebrate her birthday.

    Books are definitely a comfort buy, and I can't fault you for that at all Ames.

    Lori, I didn't know you were going. I'll email you :)

    Holly, go treat yourself. And yay, you can comment LOL.

    Katie(babs) I love to shop for clothes. Not shoes, but clothes. Reminds me, I need to get a few things for RWA...


  12. Well, my usual is books for my treat. But besides that i would say chocolate or ice cream. Those are my vices.


Post a Comment