Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Saturday, July 05, 2008:
Reading, fireworks, and Lifehouse
Photobucket
So how was everyone's Independence Day? I have to say I enjoyed mine very, very much, as I got to see Lifehouse perform last night in Itasca, IL, which is only about 15 minutes from where I live. It was a free concert, parking $15, which was so worth it not having to walk a mile to get there. The show was excellent, and the band sounded just fabulous live. They played a little over an hour, and it was so cool. I've been a fan since their song "Hanging By A Moment" came out, I think around 2000. So far there hasn't been one song I've heard that I haven't liked. I would definitely pay more $$ to see them than a lot of other bands out there. (Note: I just checked their website, and the lead singer had to have his wisdom teeth pulled a few days ago which meant some concert dates had been cancelled. Thank God it wasn't last night!)
After that were the fireworks, which were pretty incredible too. As I drove home, more fireworks were going off, so I got to see several colorful and amazing displays. It may not have been Navy Pier (Chicago) but I'm not complaining. Besides I've seen those a few times, once from the front seat of a Cessna playing over the city. Now that's an experience.
Photobucket
Welcome to The Capture Agency, a fantasy dating service for dominant men who know what they like and how they like it, and women who can handle limitless pleasure. After being matched with a partner, the male will capture his date and make her a slave to passion. This exclusive service is for couples who aren’t afraid to push the limits, let go of their inhibitions and lose themselves in the fantasy.
Clients include Chase Hunter, the agency’s owner, who decides to break his cardinal rule against dating clients and capture a woman for the first time. Kane Woods, a man of superior size and strength who’s always had to reign in his desires–until now. And Gage Michael, who learns that his ex is using the service…and decides to capture her. Will these couples enjoy a hot romp between the sheets, or will they capture each other’s hearts?
Now available from St. Martin’s Press
ISBN-13: 978-0312369453
This book was one of the free choices at the Lori Foster/Dianne Castell event. I haven't read anything by this author before, and so when I was in the mood for a little saucy romance, I decided that this would be the one to read. At first I was hesitant because I'm not a big fan of sub/dom stories, and I figured that that was what this book was about. Turns about it was more about the "capture" fantasy than about BDSM, and then I was all on-board.
Premise: Men and women can sign up for the Capture Agency, pay the exorbitant expense to fulfil their capture fantasy, and go through an extensive screening and testing process to match them with compatible candidates who are into the "capture" fantasy. (Think sheltered virgin captured by the marauding pirate type of fantasy). I was intrigued, and thought it was a pretty hot idea.
It's a contemporary, and the novellas about the three separate couples were politically correct, and responsible. Without giving too much away, there was no real "capturing". I admit, that was disappointing. But at the same time, the stories were much more engaging that a lot of erotic romances, with the characters connecting on a deeper level right from the beginning. Yes, the hot sex started right away, but the matches were so well done that each person seemed to be completely in sync with their partner, and it make it more believable. I would have liked to have seen a bit more role-playing of this popular fantasy, a more erotic edge (which would have me giving it a higher grade), but emotionally, these stories are each very satisfying, and I found myself enjoying each of them.
Rating: **** out of *****
And how was your weekend?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments

  1. I'm so jealous that you got to see lifehouse! They've been in my list of favorites since "hangin by a moment" way back in the day. Their music just gets better. Glad you had an awesome time!


  2. I LOVE LIFEHOUSE. I've seen them every time they've come to Columbus, except for this year. *Tear* Glad you enjoyed them. They are one of my all time favorite bands. I NEVER get sick of Hanging by a Moment! :)


  3. I agree - so many people of all ages love them too, which is cool. Now I need to drag out my CD's...


  4. I enjoyed this book as well. The first and last stories were my favorites. I am glad that you got to see Lifehouse, I really like their music.


  5. I have this in my TBR pile. Thanks for the review. ;)


Post a Comment