Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Tuesday, July 15, 2008:
And the drama continues...
Photobucket

Okay, this is not really me as I'm not cute or blonde or curvy (surprised by that, aren't you? Yeah, I figured) but I think this definitely says it all about the way I'm feeling right now. Good God. I am blaspheming here and in serious need of alcoholic salvation and it's only Tuesday morning. There were 4, yes that's right, four very long, tedious, detailed and depressing voicemails left for me by L between the hours of 3pm and 6:30pm Monday afternoon. I coulda played the first message and not even bothered to listen to the other 3, as there was nothing new on any of them. I don't think I can take it anymore. I seriously need to work on my tough love skills rather than perfect my avoidance tactics, but not today. Today, avoidance is my friend.
So. After a weekend of "super good friend" duty, including not only the FWB saga w/ L but other less emotional drama with another friend S about the pitiful state of her finances (or lack therof), my brain, heart, and wells of compassion and encouragement are completely drained dry. I got nothin'. I am a pyscho moment waiting to happen. I almost look forward to the actual second when I crack and go off the deep end. I giggle just thinking about it. My horoscope is asking me what my purpose in life is, and I'm hoping it involves voodoo dolls. I think I need an intervention...sigh. To top it off, Monday was the day from hell at work, and I can expect to look forward to more of the same fun and games tomorrow as well. I think I am going to run away from home. I hear Cancun is nice this time of year...
In relatively normal news, I've found some time to read, and right now I'm helplessly devouring a book given to me by HelenKay Dimon that she had read and reviewed at her blog. It's called "Still Life with Husband" and it's by Lauren Fox. Basically it's about writer Emily who has reached a tense, boring patch with her rather dull husband Kevin (they are in disagreement about some important decisions that are going to impact their lives) and ends up having an affair with another writer named David. Sounds horrid, doesn't it? The premise leaves a really bad taste in my mouth, yet really, I'm completely drawn in by Emily's choice to turn her life into such a mess. I've just gotten to the part where she first sleeps with David. Things are not looking good for our heroine (if you can really call her that) Emily. Stay tuned for a scathing review on infidelity.
Oh! I've been so distracted I almost forgot Brockmann's "Into the Fire" is coming out on July 22nd! Next Tuesday! SB is one of only 3 authors I'll buy in hardcover, and this one is my most anticipated release of 2008. If a hot Navy SEAL (or several) cannot cheer me up, nothing will ;)
But until then, I'll be basking in the hazy oblivion of Bella Rose martinis, which go down like water but taste much, much better. Hope you all are leading more exciting (and less stressful) lives than me. Let's here it for Ladies' Night!!!
Happy news:
  • Congrats to Kris on the birth of her new baby girl :) She's just gorgeous.
  • Author Colleen Gleason will be in Oak Brook, IL on August 15th, and I am so there.
  • Only 15 more days til RWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels:

8 Comments

  1. Stacy - since we are going to be in the same place at the same time in the not too distant future, we have to get together for a drink. If you email me, we can work something out *g*. I'll do my best to cheery you up. A nice tall drink and talk about books should do the trick I think *g*


  2. Oh, Sweety!! If anyone deserves a drink or 12 it's you. HUGS!!


  3. oh Stace. The whole sympathetic friend thing IS exhausting, isn't it??

    Turn off your phone for a while and curl up with a great book! That's my advice!


  4. sorry your friend is driving you crazy. I think I'd be nuts by now, lol.


  5. You know how I treasure my cookies but it sounds like I might need to send you some of the precious stash. Hang in there.

    Oh and I can't WAIT for SB's next one either!!!!!


  6. Stacy I’m sorry your friend is driving you batty. And I’m a big fan of avoidance as well :o)

    I can’t wait to see you at RWA! Time is flying by so fast, I can’t believe that it’s almost here.


  7. Stacy - Have a blast visiting with Colleen! She's super fun. You'll love her! Take pictures and post them, so we can all see the fun.


  8. So with you on needing that drink! Let's do it at RWA!!!

    And I'm so lucky to be #2 on the library list for SB's newest. Yeehah!! So crazy.. I know I'm getting it at RWA, but I don't want to wait till then to read it. Goofy, huh?


Post a Comment