Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Sunday, May 25, 2008:
Stuff...
A few things...
* I got the promotion! On Friday I met with my manager and Human Resources, and the news was well-received *g* I was told I was very professional, well-prepared, gave concise, thorough answers without having to think about my responses. Now this makes me laugh when I think about it because I was so nervous and I don't even remember what I said, other than I thought it was all jibberish. My boss asked me if I thought there was any doubt, and I told him of course there was. See, the decision has to be unanimous by the entire panel of interviewers (there were 4, and almost ended up being 6), so there's always a chance someone might not agree. So while I thought I might have deserved it (yeah, I'm conceited that way) that doesn't mean everyone is as smart as me LOL. Anyway, what a fabulous way to start the long holiday weekend :)
** Dad is doing well, has regained his sense of humor and adding more gray to my mother's hair...nothing new there. And what a huge relief that is to have things back to normal, though he'll be off work for 3 months. It's definitely been a wake-up call and has made me more aware of my own health. It's never too early to start looking for ways to be healthier. I've started exercising more, and it's been helping.
***I finally read the book "Atonement" by Ian McEwan yesterday. I'm glad I saw the movie first, otherwise I don't think I would have stuck with the book. I actually enjoyed it, and now I think I want to re-watch the movie, though the movie was pretty faithful to the book. I'm also glad I waited until I was in the right frame of mind to read it. I feel like it refreshed my brain and satisfied my rare need for a more complex, thought-provoking story.
What have you been up to?

Labels:

11 Comments

  1. I don't believe it's conceited to know you qualify for a promotion. You've earned this!!! Congratulations, Stacy!!!


  2. Congrats on the promotion, Stacy! What fabulous news :-)

    I'm glad to hear your dad is doing well. I need to start exercising more myself. In fact, I thought about turning one of the 4 bedrooms in my new house into an exercise room!!

    I bought some new athletic shoes recently and plan to start gradually building my way back up to the level I was at in college. One day I'll get there!


  3. YAY YOU!!! Congrats on the promotion!

    I'm so glad to hear that your dad is doing well.


  4. Congrats Stacy!! :D You are professional?? LOL
    So glad your dad is doing oky
    Ah Atonement. Damn movie made me cry.


  5. Yay for you!! Yay for dad! Congratulations and "whew" all at once. :o)


  6. Dev, thank you. Yes, I did earn it, and I am excited about it - great raise too :)

    Hey Michelle. Yep, huge relief on my dad. And as for exercising, it's been a gorgeous weekend so I've been outside a bit. It feels good. I'll see you in a few weeks, right?

    Thanx LeeAnn. It's a huge relief. Now I can buy more books and DVDs. I need to work on my movie collection.

    Katie, I know, it's hard to believe. But I'm a great actress when I have to be *g* I really have to say I liked the book a lot. It made me cry.

    Rach, exactly. I'm definitely breathing easier these days :)


  7. Yay Stace! I'm so pleased for you! Congratulations. Glad to hear your pops is doing well. That's great news.

    I adored the movie Atonement. It was just so gorgeous. I still haven't read the book. SIGH. I need to, but there's just so much other stuff out there to read, you know??

    Hope you're having a great holiday weekend.


  8. Stacy-

    Great news on the promotion/ Congratulations!!!!

    Very glad to hear your dad is doing well. I'm sure that's a big relief for you.

    Have a great memorial day.

    See you in a couple of weeks.


  9. YEAH for the promotion!!!!
    I am so glad that your dad is doing well and getting back to his same self. It does make you evaluate your own health when that happens.
    I have not read or seen Atonement yet. I think I will see the movie first and then decide if I want to read it.
    Have a great day :)


  10. I'm so glad your dad is doing good Stacy. I've been thinking about him. I somehow missed this post earlier.

    Congrats on the promotion.


  11. Congrats on the promotion! I just got Atonement from Blockbuster, gotta love the cheap previously viewed movies! Got 6 movies for like $40 bucks! Woo-hoo!


Post a Comment