Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Wednesday, May 14, 2008:
You think WHO is sexy???
Photobucket

There's a lot of DIK talk in blogland these days (for those who don't know, or who just have dirty minds, those are Desert Island Keepers). The buzz has gone from books to one of my favorite topics - the hot men. And with all this talk of favorite, to-die-for heroes, and it got me thinking:
What heroe(s) do you just not get?
Maybe you can't figure out why tons of women are willing to forgive Sebastian, Lord St. Vincent, after the horrible way he treated Lillian in "It Happened One Spring".
Or maybe you believe Dain from "Lord of Scoundrels" is just a jackass and doesn't deserve Jessica in any way, shape,or form.
Could it be Roarke sets your teeth on edge (and not in a good way), or Ranger should just leave Stephanie the hell alone already.
I'm curious to know which heroes leave you cold while they definitely float someone else's boat. What heroes leave you baffled at their appeal?

Labels:

10 Comments

  1. Hmmmm - I can't think of any at the moment. While I'm a Joe girl, Ranger is intriguing.
    I shall have to ponder this and come back once I have some in mind.


  2. I'll have to give this one some thought, Stace. I'll let you know. :o)


  3. Well, I can't believe ANYONE would object to Roarke, but that might just be because, well, he's on my team (and not Katiebabs, heh!).

    I have to admit that I tried very hard to understand Meljean's books, and really struggled, so it's not that I don't get the appeal of her heroes, I just haven't yet been successful in finishing the first yet.


  4. Johanna Lindsey's heroes leave me so cold maybe because they take and plunder?
    One hero I use to love is Jean Claude from LKH's Anita Blake series. As the series went along he became so annoying and just walked around saying "Ma Petite" this and "Ma Petite" that and was suppose to be this bad ass vamp? Please!
    I also have issue with Phury after reading Lover Enshrined, but that will surely be discussed come June.

    And as for Roarke! MK is a Roarke stealing wench! :) *kisses MK*


  5. Hey I heart Roarke, but you never know, maybe he doesn't flip everyone's switch.

    Katie(babs) I've only read about 2 or 3 of LKH's books so I can't recall much about JC.

    I'm trying to think of a hero that totally turned me off. If I had read "Whitney, My Love" until I was older or in the 21st century, I probably wouldn't care for Clayton much. But as a young teen, he was pretty dreamy back in the day.


  6. I've thought about it all day, and can't come up with a one. Sorry. I'm no fun. :oP


  7. I too will be hard put to find anyone who doesn't love Roarke.

    I don't get the big deal about Jean Claude from the Anita Blake series or Sam Donovan from Linda Howard's Mr Perfect. Howard has some keepers for me but this book is not one of them.


  8. I loved Sam! Mr. Perfect was one of my first Howards, and you never forget your first (or 2nd, or 3rd...) so he has a special place in my heart. Sigh. Well if you don't want him, I'll keep him.


  9. Hey! Sam is mine! Check the DIK harem. :)

    I have been so focused on picking my favs that this will take some serious thought. Usually if I hate the hero, the book ends up being a DNF. Then I do my best to erase what I did read from my mind.


  10. Stacy, you're so right about never forgetting the first. My fave Howard hero is Ben Lewis. He's the one I want with me if I end up stranded in a jungle.


Post a Comment