Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, May 19, 2008:
Life, parents, work...
Today my dad is going to have quadruple bypass surgery, which, from all accounts should go smoothly. He was supposed to have it on Friday, but things didn't go as planned, naturally, so now it's today. One good thing, my mom isn't panicking, which says a lot, so I should feel pretty reassured. But it's my dad, and this is really the first serious health issue that's ever come up for him. He's 65, has a horrible diet despite my mother's rantings and her cooking, and doesn't really exercise unless their dog Chewy, a half Rottweiler, half German Shepherd drags him out of the house, so he should have seen this coming. Anyway, so at 11am CST today, he'll be wheeled into surgery. Needless to say, I'll be a little distracted at work today.
Tomorrow, I have a job interview. Technically it's for a job I already do, at least that's what my boss tells me, but now I should get the title, and the salary, for it. I hate interviews. Who doesn't? There will be a panel of about 6 people, so I'm trying not to freak out about that. I knew I wasn't going to prepare all weekend, so tonight I'll cram in some studying. That seems to work better for me during times ike this. And there is always the chance I won't get the promotion, so I'm being realistic about that. The cool thing is if I don't get it, I can always self-nominate again next month. But I really hope to get it over with tomorrow. Geez, I can't wait til it's Wednesday....
So that's what's going on with me. How are things in your world?
Update: my dad made it through surgery just fine, and it took less time than the doctors expected. He can drive as soon as the pain meds wear off, then he can begin to really drive my mother crazy. And vice versa. Life is good.
Thank you all for your your prayers and caring thoughts. They helped tremendously :)

Labels:

11 Comments

  1. You and your family are in my prayers, sweetie.


  2. Hi Stace! Big prayers for your dad. If it's any consolation at all, my dad and my oldest brother had bypass within two weeks of each other a few years ago, and both went just fine.

    Good luck with the interview too. I'm sure you'll get the gig, you're just that fabulous!


  3. Oh, Stace, prayers and positive thoughts for you and your family. What a time for everything to coalesce!

    Brien is gone of the week so it's just me and the Bit at home. I'm a little stressed about it, but I know we'll be fine. :o)


  4. Stacy, just letting you know you've been in my prayers today. Hope to hear something from you soon.


  5. Hey Stacy, hope your father's surgery goes well. {{{{STACY}}}}

    Good luck tomorrow!


  6. Wow Stacy that’s a lot of stress piled on top of each other. You and your family are in my thoughts today. I hope all went well. And just take a deep breath and be yourself tomorrow. When it comes to things like work I really do believe that everything happens for a reason. There were a lot of jobs that I didn’t get but if I would of gotten any of them they I wouldn’t have the job that I have now. So good luck and we’ll be thinking about you.


  7. Your family is in my prayers, Stace.


  8. Thanx guys. Your good wishes and prayers worked for my dad :)


  9. Yeah, i am so glad that everything went well!! That is one stress out of the way. Good luck with your interview today.


  10. I'm glad it went okay. My f-i-l had one about 5 years ago, maybe more. It seems fairly common now and a good prod to take better care of yourself. Hope he does, for your sake and his.


  11. Stace...I'm glad I stopped by. I'm so happy your dad is doing better. How did the job interview go?


Post a Comment