Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, January 29, 2007:
All about the animals
I'm sure many of you heard the sad news : the 2006 Kentucky Derber winner - Barbaro - was euthanized today. Stuff like this always gets to me. I'm not into the races, but I've loved horses all my life, and this just broke my heart. He was not even four years old.
You can read more here.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Barbaro
Here's a nice idea: authors Lori Foster, Erin McCarthy, and HelenKay Dimon are having an auction at ebay, and all proceeds are going to benefit the Animal Adoption Foundation, Lori's local no-kill animal shelter. You can find out more at HelenKay's blog.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels: , ,

4 Comments

  1. This broke my heart. Although, he had suffered for months in an ICU stall. I hate euthanization, but sometimes I do feel it is necessary when the animal is suffering. :( I do hope animals go to heaven.


  2. This was a sad, sad thing. Being in Philly, Barbaro's progress was daily news here.

    I'm so sad for his loss, but I do think he's in a better place now.


  3. I always watch the races that make up the Triple Crown. So I've kind of been following Barb's progress while he's been healing. It's so sad that he had to be put down.


  4. I heard about that. It is really sad. Love Lori and Erin's idea.


Post a Comment