Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Sunday, July 30, 2006:
My 1st (and hopefully not last) TBR challenge
Title: "Into Danger"

Author: Gennita Low

Year published: April 2003

Why did you get this book? I heard a lot of praise for her books from friends of mine, but I ended up reading the 2nd book "Facing Fear" first and really enjoyed it, plus I'm rather anal and have to read all the books in the series.

Do you like the cover? Yes - simple, mysterious, bold - it lets the reader imagine how the characters look, and I really like that.

Did you enjoy the book? Very much. I loved the heroine, Marlena, for being so strong, so kick-ass, and also because she can be those things and still be vulnerable enough to falling in love with a man worthy of her heart. And I loved "Stash" for loving her even when he wasn't completely sure he could trust her, and for going on a much-dreaded shopping mission with her. Right from the start, Stash challenges her, and she finds herself breaking her own rules to meet that challenge. And you just have to love a heroine who outsmarts the boys who think they are too smart for a woman. She does it with ease.

Was the author new to you and would you read something by this author again? Not completely new, and yes, I would definitely read other books by her.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? Keeping it, but I would definitely recommend it.

Anything else? I thought I would be tired of reading yet another military-based romantic suspense novel, and wasn't looking for anyone to replace Suzanne Brockmann or Catherine Mann in my affection for this type of books, but Gennita definitely has her own style that sets her apart, and it drew me right in. I have 2 other books of hers from this series in my TBR pile.

1 Comments

  1. military books are so not my thing but at least you enjoyed ut. :)


Post a Comment