Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, July 24, 2006:
Play ball! and win a book :)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Richmond Rogues have won the World Series. Most Valuable Player, Risk Kincaid, heads to his hometown of Frostproof, Florida. Once there, he entices coffee shop owner, Jacy Grayson, to move beyond his rebound lover and become his wife.

I'm leaving for Atlanta in the morning, but I'm leaving you with a contest to win this book by Kate Angell, the first in a series. (Check out a quick excerpt here). It's a fun, light read that just happens to be about a bunch of sexy baseball players. Nothing like a guy who keeps himself in shape ;)
So in order to qualify to win, I just ask that you post about your favorite sport, or, if you're not a sports fan, your favorite event: the opera, horseracing (is this a sport?), wine-tasting...whatever. Maybe share a detail about a specific favorite: seeing "Carmen" for the first time, watching your favorite horse win, discovering a new must-have wine.
ALL entries are welcome regardless where you live, one per person please, and the contest will end Saturday, July 29th, at midnight central time. Have fun, and as always, thanx for playing :)

9 Comments

  1. Have fun in Atlanta (although you may already be home by the time you see this)! I love baseball...I have been an Atlanta Braves fan for as long as I can remember, but it is not really about the team. I just like the sport. I like the pacing of it. It moves slow so I don't really have to pay attention to everything...LOL.

    I like many other sports as well. My bro was a big jock and played just about every sport. He is 9 years older than me so I grew up going to baseball, football, and basketball games. I am not athletic, but I enjoy watching sports.


  2. Ooo. I want to read this one:) I like sports in general, though I'm not so crazy that they take over my life. I guess I'd say my favorite is college football. I went to every home game possible all 4 years of college!

    Hope you have a great trip Stacy.


  3. Hope to see you in Atlanta!


  4. Hope you have/had a fun time in Atlanta!

    What sport do I love?
    It is purely a spectator sport for me.
    Professional Bull Riding.

    Ty Murray, Cody Hart, were oh Wow! in the years I first discovered the excitement of the PBR.
    It is a sport that I enjoy because it is beast against man and the beast has a fair shot of besting man, unlike bullfighting in Spain.
    I don't like that since the bull always dies.

    Bull riding is a test of strength, fortitude, endurance and manly man stuff. I've only read one romance where the character was a bull rider but he was trying to retire and had to pull off the last 8 second ride for the prize.

    I want to read a story about one actively in the circuit.

    Anyway, every bull riding rodeo is a surprise, filled with unexpected twists and turns and heart thumping anticipation.

    Yep, baseball players are in shape, but so too are men who ride bulls. Imagine the strength and tone in those bi-ceps and of their thighs as they clench for dear life. *oooh*


  5. This book sounds like a fun read. I'm also a big baseball fan! Baseball is a slow game so I manage to watch the games while I'm reading! lol


  6. have fin in Atlanta!!!!!! (^g^)


  7. Ok, I am not an athlete. I do however love watching my daughter play soccer. She is only 8 years old but she has quite a kick on her. It has really brought her out of her shell. She went from being a very shy kid to being a semi-shy kid. :o)
    But she plays better with others than she did which her sisters are very greatful for.


  8. I hope you are having fun in Atlanta! I am so jealous lol. I love to watch baseball. I'm in Alabama, but growing up we took road trips to see the Atlanta Braves play every chance we could. I like to play basketball and swim. I like racquetball too, but I'm really, really bad at it lol.


  9. Hi Stacy,

    Hope you had fun in Atlanta. I saw your photo on Jill Shalvis' blog. Very impressive.

    I am not a big sports fan, but I like reading about them. You can't beat SEP's Chicago Stars, or LuAnne McLane's baseball guys.

    One kind of sporty thing I do enjoy is watching dog shows on TV, especially Westminster, which is held in mid-February at Madison Square Garden in NYC. It is on for six hours over two nights. I love seeing all those furry faces and learning about the more unusual breeds. I have been to a couple of small, local shows and that gives you a real appreciation for what goes into showing these guys -- lots of time and expense involved. The folks who do it are there because they love dogs, and are really dedicated to their breed.

    Looking forward to your Atlanta report.


Post a Comment