Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Tuesday, July 11, 2006:
The mysteries of the zodiac
I like astrology, and one of the things that fascinates me most is learning about the Zodiac signs for people I know, and whether or not the person agrees with the description of their sign. I find this stuff rather fascinating, but I definitely don't take it to heart. I think human nature is too complex to take it too seriously.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
zodiac
n 1: a belt-shaped region in the heavens on either side to the ecliptic; divided into 12 constellations or signs for astrological purposes 2: (astrology) a circular diagram representing the 12 zodiacal constellations and showing their signs
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
LIBRA - (September 23 - October 22) The Sing of the Justice: People that born under the sign of Libra are the most well brought up from all . They are the sensitive persons who appreciate good manners, harmless wit, love to accept and to entertain the visitors. Libra is usually a very tactful person who understands intuitively good art and all perfect in the word. There are much brightness and unusual charm in their relationships .
There's the good....Diplomatic and urbane, romantic and charming, easygoing and sociable, idealistic and peaceable. And the not so good...indecisive and changeable, gullible and easily influenced, flirtatious and self-indulgent.
There's interesting facts....Libra is the only inanimate sign of the zodiac, all the others representing either humans or animals. Many modern astrologers regard it as the most desirable of zodiacal types because it represents the zenith of the year, the high point of the seasons, when the harvest of all the hard work of the spring is reaped. There is a mellowness and sense of relaxation in the air as mankind enjoys the last of the summer sun and the fruits of his toil. Librans too are among the most civilized of the twelve zodiacal characters and are often good looking. They have elegance, charm and good taste, are naturally kind, very gentle, and lovers of beauty, harmony (both in music and social living) and the pleasures that these bring.
So....would I agree with this partial description? I think some of it, definitely. I know I'm romantic, idealistic, and peaceable. But then I also know I'm indecisive, gullible and self-indulgent. Yet I believe everyone has these traits in some form or fashion. Nobody is "by the book". If we were, we'd all be pretty darn boring. Overall though, I feel like I can relate to being a Libra. It suits me, flaws and all. It's a small part of who I am that I like learning about and learning from, but it's just an outline. "The rest is still unwritten" - Natasha Bedingfield (2006).
Feel free to share your sign and whether or not you can relate to it. And don't hesitate to share your actual birthday day - mine is October 11th *g*

9 Comments

  1. I'm a Libra as well! My birthday is October 4th-- a week before yours:) I have a high school friend whose bday is the same as yours.

    I feel like I fit my sign pretty well. The one thing I'm not is flirtatious though, oh and I'm not big on entertaining as I'm a total introvert. Otherwise, I am definitely indecisive, romantic and I have the whole justice thing going on. I can be gullible too. I tend to believe the best in everyone, which I don't think is always a bad thing.

    I didn't realize that Libra is the only inanimate sign, so that was cool to learn! Thanks for sharing, Stacy:)


  2. My sign is Sagitarrius (b-day: Dec 16) and I know nothing about it...LOL...I will have to look into on that astrology site you link to and see.


  3. Michelle, I'm the same way - I don't flirt (well, there is this one guy, but I'm strictly a faithful flirt, LOL) and I'm a huge introvert. If you met me in person you wouldn't recognize me LOL.


  4. Oh I love astrology. Your sign is more complete when you read about your ascendant and moon sign. That gives you a more well-rounded outlook of your sun sign (or your sign as we call it).


  5. all I know is that I am a Scorpio, and I think that's a cool sign lol


  6. I am a Pisces and I love seafood.
    Does that count? My birthday is March 19.

    I read my horoscope everyday and often it has some aspect that is correct.
    Do I live my life by it? No.
    Do I believe in it? Yes, to an extent. Mostly it's just fun.


  7. I'm a capricorn! My bday is the day after christmas. I love astrology :)


  8. Oh Cool!
    I'm Oct 5th!
    Isn't October great?
    Love the stone - Opal - so mysterious.


  9. My sign is Capricorn.....and everything I have read about it usually seems to hit pretty close to home.

    Hey Kelley my birthday is the day after yours.........


Post a Comment