Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Thursday, June 29, 2006:
It's time to get Dirty (Little Secrets!)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Okay, I've been procrastinating, and before I knew it, June almost passed me by! I said I was going to do a June contest, so here it is, better late than never. That's kinda become my motto recently. Yet we will not dwell on my idiosyncrasies, no, not when I have a contest to run.
So here it is: awhile ago, I won a wonderful prize from author Julie Elizabeth Leto; a signed copy of her book, "Dirty Little Secrets". It's a hot and steamy read, with a kick-ass, bad girl heroine who has lots of options (i.e. men). Marisela Morales, our heroine, even has her own website, so check it out if you want to read more. Everyone should have a little bit of the bad girl Marisela in them. I know I do (even if it's only in my head LOL).
Well, since I had this awesome book already, I wanted to hold a contest to win a copy of "Dirty Little Secrets". So with Julie's permission, I decided to make it a summer giveaway, because there's just something about hot and dirty that sounds, well, really sexy. The deal: all you have to do is... share a secret. It doesn't have to be a deep, dirty secret you've been keeping for years. It could be a fun secret, a sweet secret, or an outrageous secret. It doesn't matter to me. Maybe you work as an accountant by day and an exotic dancer by night. Or you won the lottery and spent all your money on expensive cars for a really hot guy. Maybe you write greeting card messages. Have an obsession for scary movies. Appeared in a music video. Whatever. Just a tidbit about yourself that you'd like to share with the group.
I'll go first: when I was 16, I took a trip to California and appeared in the audience of "Love Connection". It was a lot of fun to hear the stories, and yes, I really did get to push the button to vote. I think we watched 3 shows worth of taping, and Chuck Woolery was funny and even better-looking in person. I know I have mentioned it before, several times, in fact, so it's not really a secret, but it's the only interesting thing I could think of about myself. Yes, I am ever so exciting.
So please respond by Friday, July 7th, no later than 7pm Central Time. Saturday morning I will draw a random winner, and will make every attempt to send out the book by the following Monday. Just have fun with it, and thanx for playing! Good luck :)
**The 2nd book in the series, "Dirty Little Lies", is scheduled for an August 29th release date:**
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Isn't this another hot cover? Oh, and if you want to visit another cool place Julie frequents, go check out the Plotmonkeys, where you'll chat with Julie and 3 other cool authors: Janelle Denison, Leslie Kelly, and Carly Phillips. It's a fun place to hang out :)

10 Comments

  1. A secret, a secret, you want a secret?
    There's a tune that goes with that, isn't there?

    Hmmm,what to reveal.
    Oh, this is an easy one.
    I have a secret from my whole family including , especially, my DH.
    I have a mancandy blog. I have over 270 posts since the beginning of this year. If my family found out about this, it would be demanded that I shut it down.
    And erased. With a demand that I never, ever do anything like this again. Ever, for eternity.
    Call me a rebel, but I enjoy doing this. It's fun! It's Mine! and I've kept it a secret except for 4 people who know it's addy.

    Does this qualify???


  2. Hmm...a secret...I am a pretty honest and open person, but let's see...what can I come up with....when I was about 6, I broke my arm trying to impress a boy when I was in kindergarten. Everyone thinks I just simply fell from the wet monkey bars, but the truth was I was trying to impress him by doing a trick that he dared me to do. I had to wear a huge white plaster cast from my finger tips to my shoulder for weeks (but he signed it!!). I think it weighed more than me at the time. LOL...not very exciting...but I am a boring person...LOL.

    Oh, and then there was the time that I could have grabbed Keith Urban's butt, but didn't...LOL...I didn't know who he was when I saw him in concert with a band called The Ranch and he came out into the crowd sitting on the lawn and stopped in front of us for a guitar solo.

    Probably not what you meant! LOL


  3. I am a Hillary Duff fan. I know what you are going to say...who isn't? But when you think about it you may understand why I keep that one in the closet.


  4. Okay I have a secret to share.....everyone who knows me knows that I am a widow, but what they don't know is that previous to this marriage I was married and it lasted 3 and 1/2 months which is another story........Yup best to just forget that puppy..............LOL


  5. Hard one. I'll have to come back when I think of a good secret. You write the most interesting blogs, Stacy:)


  6. Oh, these are great! Michele, I want that website LOL


  7. Well, this one time at band camp...
    Okay, I was never in band. My secret is that I love the American Pie movies. I generally like romantic comedy, drama, and independent films. It was a big surprise to me to learn that I also like the juvenile antics of the American Pie movies, but there it is. Oh, and I too want the addy to Michele's mancandy blog lol.


  8. I've been wracking my brain for a secret since you posted this Stacy! I'm like Jennifer in that I'm pretty open and I share pretty much everything LOL. Maybe that's why I'm single; I hold no mystery for anyone!

    On that note, I suppose this isn't really a secret, but I've never had a boyfriend. I haven't really even dated much. Things just haven't ever worked out. If I think of something jucier, I'll be sure to post again:)


  9. Oh, and I have another secret...I wasn't going to share it, but decided to anyway. Have you ever heard the song "Stacy's Mom?" Well, every time I come to this blog that song gets stuck in my head except the words I sing are "Stacy's blog has got it going on...I'm in love with Stacy's blog" LOL....you will probably think I am weird now if you didn't already...LOL

    Oh, and I have never had a boyfriend either unless you count the boy in kindergarten I broke my arm for...LOL.


  10. GREAT posts everyone! Thank you so much for sharing :) Michele, um, thanx for the link. I haven't checked it out yet, but I know it will be good ;)

    You guys have shared some interesting stuff, and I appreciate it. Jennifer, I love that song, though it's kinda weird when people would ask me if my mom "had it going on" - ewww! LOL


Post a Comment