Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Tuesday, August 17, 2010:
Keith Urban, Fur Con and this guy named Terrible...

I gotta admit that I had a fantasic weekend! I wish they all could be this fun. But if they were, we probably wouldn't appreciate them as much, now would we?

First, I took Friday off to drive the 3 hours and 42 minutes Mapquest says it takes to get to Indianapolis, which I'm fairly used to since it's the same way I take to Cincinnati every June. I both love and hate the drive. I hate it because traffic out of Chicago, especially on a Friday, just sucks. And I have to get there like yesterday. I'm sure I've said it before, but I am one of those crazy drivers that tailgates and races past you if you get in my way. Sorry dude, but you asked for it. So yeah, I shaved about 1/2 hour off my time. Could have been more, but those damn semi trucks are EVOL.



Anyway, once I got there, I met Barb there at the hotel, and we learned what other "big" event was going on in town. A little thing called Fur Con, or more specifically, the Indy Fur Con. This seems to be at least an annual event, and it's, well, rather different. I asked a group of them what exactly it was all about, and one of them said it's about being people with animal (anthropomorphic) characteristics. It seems rather tame, considering that they were parading around the hotel, quite literally had a parade on Saturday in the lobby, however several people confirmed it's also considered a sex fetish, and there were times they would sit in clusters and pet each other. Yes, in public. I don't know what to make of it all, other than to say it was rather bizarre. I'm all for people living their own lives, but some of this might be a little too open in public. o_O Still, it was cute when they would pose with the kids, just like they were at Disney or something. That was sweet.


But the big attraction of my weekend was KEITH URBAN! Now I've been a fan for years, but this was the first time going to one of his concerts. For the price we paid, I figured we'd see him being about the size of a speck of sand, but they weren't bad seats at all. Row 37 in the stands, dead center. Not too shabby. It was at the Indiana state fair, and it was HOT. I was dripping, that's how humid and crowded we all were. Yet I was there with my pals Barb, LuAnn, Dianne Daphne and Deb, and we survived. And you know what, that's okay. Because Keith put on one HELL of a show. He was fantastic. Loved every minute of it. And I especially got a kick out of how he'd have us sing some silly verse and just start laughing because we'd do it. He was like a little kid. So cute :) He did "talk" to Nicole, who supposedly was on the sidelines, but we didn't actually see her. That would have been cool. I do like them together.

He didn't play my favorite song, "Once In a Lifetime (Love)", but the rest were outstanding. And his band is extremely talented as well, with at least two of them able to belt out a tune. I can't wait to go see him again. I'm not normally big on getting t-shirts at concerts, but I went and got me a Keith t-shirt. Just couldn't help myself LOL.


Other than that, my only other news is that I am incredibly hooked, addicted, completely and irrevocably in love with this character named Terrible!

For those of you in the dark, Terrible is this guy in Stacia Kane's DOWNSIDE GHOSTS series. Now I read all the tweets on Twitter, and say all the mushy talk and longing for this guy, but I didn't think it could possibly be all that great. Boy was I ever WRONG! Terrible is so not your typical hero. He's quite ugly (at least that's how Stacia writes him), big, hulking, terrifying. But then, like Chess, you really get to know him and it's his heart you fall for, and his looks are no longer ugly to you. He's loyal, fearless, earthy, practical, clever, and so damn strong it makes your heart race. Or as Shiloh Walker would say, "he's one sexy beast". And he truly is. He's a hero, through and through. An unlikely one, but also an unforgettable one.

I'm not ashamed to admit I've got Terrible fever. In fact I'll probably need to get a new set of books because I've re-read so many parts of these 3 already. Numerous times. I will probably got and write a review on the series at some point, once I can put them down long enough to actually write something coherent. So for now I'll wallow in my Terrible love, and give sincere thanks to that creative goddess Stacia who created this magnificent man to begin with!




Do you have the fever?

Labels: ,

11 Comments

  1. I loved this post Stacy. I was laughing out loud so bad about Fur Con. I can't believe they were petting each other in public! LOL!

    I'm glad you had a great time at the concert with your girlfriends. He is so talented!

    You know I gots the fever! I may be your personal sponsor, but I can't stop thinking about him and I keep re-reading the tunnel and bathroom scene too. At least we have each other!

    Great post! :D


  2. I've only just finished the first book but I love Terrible already!!! I'm dying to read the next book!


  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time! I did enjoy Terrible very much but I'll confess, I had a difficult time getting through the books. There was a lot of plot where I wanted character interaction and development.

    Thanks for sharing the pics!


  4. You and me both are Terrible addicts. I just read all three Chess Putnam books in a row and am hooked.

    OMG FURRY CON!! MUWAHAHAAAA. I am dying here.

    Did Yogi Bear hit on you?

    Ever see the episode of CSI Las Vegas where a furry was murdered?


  5. HAHAHA FUR CON! OMG. I remember watching MTV's True Life: Plushies and Furries and DYING laughing. I really could not take it seriously. It was sooo ridiculous.

    KT, I saw that CSI! :D

    You know I gots Terrible fever too. I've pimped the series out to several of my friends, my mom and one of my co-workers. So far the only one who's started it is my co-worker but she came in today like "OMG I love that book!"

    I be spreading the fever.

    I keep hearing Peggy Lee's Fever playing over and over when we talk about Terrible fever! ;)

    Not a country fan but I LURV going to concerts glad you had a good time!


  6. I am so jealous that you got to see Keith Urban! I love him!

    I nearly got to go last year, but it turned out that his concert here was on the same weekend as my grandfather's 100th birthday, and for some reason it was expected that I attended that instead of the concert! I will definitely be going to his next concert though.

    We definitely need to have a conversation on Twitter about fave Keith Urban songs!


  7. Oh, and thanks for explaining the Terrible thing. I had seen it around but didn't know what it was all about.


  8. heh. sexy beat. yes.

    and um. no comment on much of the rest.

    no...no... no... comment.


  9. sexy BEAST even.


  10. Seriously need to move Terrible up to the top of my TBR list. I got the first book in the series at RWA and really haven't had much time to read since I've been home.

    Fur Con makes me laugh out loud...especially the fact they were petting each other in public.

    I love me some Keith Urban. Haven't been lucky enough to see him perform live, but have seen him shopping and eating in Nashville with Nicole.


  11. Glad you had a great time. It was a hot weekend.

    I had seen that CSI episode about the Furry people. Just strange.

    Miss you


Post a Comment