Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Tuesday, November 10, 2009:
the happenings at my place
It's been awhile since I've talked about what I've been up to, other than reading, plus I don't have an "O" author for my spotlight, and I'm not ready with "P", so I'm taking this week off. Since I'm the most boring person on the planet, I haven't really had much to talk about lately, other than books, and my serious case of reader envy LOL. Which, in case anyone misunderstood, was all (mostly) tongue-in-cheek. I think if I stepped away from the computer more, I'd actually get some reading done! Yeah, good luck with that *g*

Photobucket

Sunday was a lot of fun, as I trekked into the city to meet up with some friends at the Drake Hotel for afternoon tea, something I've never been before. The weather was so nice - almost 70 degrees in November - and the train ride was smooth and quick. Grabbed a taxi the rest of the way there which took a few minutes. I love taxi cab drivers. They get to where you need to go, and fast. And while I waited, I did try to take some pictures on my new phone, but I only saved one. I'll need to figure out a way to make them bigger....


Photobucket

Now I've made no secret that I'm not much of a tea drinker, or at least I wasn't much of one until about a few years ago when I stepped inside Teavana to buy a gift, and tasted the most wonderful tea I'd ever could have imagined. It was a combination of 2 different teas, the kinds of which escapes me at the moment, but it was an amazing blend. Anyway, each of us got to choose our own tea, which they brought out in individual teapots for us, and I went with a caffeine-free blend, the chocolate mint truffle, which was very good, not too strong and not too sweet. I would definitely have that one again.

We sat right next to the harp player, which I really liked. I didn't think she was too loud, though some of her musical selections had us cringing. Still, it's a beautiful instrument, and if you didn't listen to closely, very enjoyable to listen to while sipping tea and eating cucumber sandwiches. It was a lovely way to spend the afternoon.

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with an online friend I've never met before - Danielle. She lives not all that far from me, but this is our first opportunity to get together, and I'm really looking forward to it :) I think I will take my regular camera and use that instead of my phone, which I still have to master. I hope to have some good pictures to post. Danielle's been warned LOL.

I am just about to finish the 7th and final season of The Gilmore Girls; 2 more episodes left. All in all, I liked it way more than I thought I would. It was a pleasant surprise. Now I'm going to try and clear out my Netflix queue before asking for more viewing selections. I have about 70 dvds in there, some movies, mostly t.v. shows, so I hope to whip through those more finding more new shows to love. Do I dare start 24 when it's just about to go into, what, it's 8th season??????

Now I'm off to go read for a bit. I have a few days off from work and I FINALLY got my copy of Ava Gray's "Skin Game", which I've been whining about for days on Twitter. Now that it's in my hot little hands, I plan on spending some quality time with Reyes. So off I go.....


What have you been up to lately?

Labels:

14 Comments

  1. You don't sound like you have too awful a boring life :). You get to hang out with friends. I get to hang out with my son and my mom :). Not that I mind, but I kinda HAVE to hang out with them :P.

    That's exciting that you are meeting an online friend soon. I hope it goes well and you get along nicely!

    Hope you have a great week, Stacy :).


  2. I am seconding what Amy C said, you don't sound like you live a boring life. I hang out with my 16 yr daughter, lol! And my Mother sometimes. But now that my daughter drives all on her own... ***sniff sniff*** she won't be needing me anymore. But then I think that maybe I can "start" to build my life back up.
    I also hope it all goes super for you when you get to met your online friends!!
    Have a great day honey!


  3. Your meeting an online friend. Wow, that's so great! I would love to meet of few online friends but unfortunately that would be insanely expensive cuz I leave at the end of the world. *sigh* And the tea party sounds great too. Love a good time from time to time. My mom boughtme a self selected tea for bday. Loved that one!
    See, not at all boring!
    Enjoy your week!


  4. Your life sounds quite exciting. I say start 24 and have a crazy marathon. I adore Jack. Can't wait for season 8.
    Me, I'm trying to Nano write.


  5. It's funny because whenever I talk to a friend that I haven't spoken to in awhile and she asks me what's new, I am always at a loss. Errr..nothing!

    But I would rather have nothing than big drama to report ;)

    I drink Constant Comment tea every night. I am always afraid to try other flavors :)


  6. Your life isn't boring! On Friday nights I stay in and update my Goodreads shelf...now that is boring :)

    Ok, I probably shouldn't mention that Ann Aguirre just posted a chapter for Skin Tight (Foster's Story)...caution don't read unless you want to catch the Skin Tight fever! I kid. Seriously, Foster. Hot.


  7. So glad you finally got your hands on SKIN GAME. :)

    Have fun meeting Danielle!


  8. It sounds like you went for 'High Tea'. I love 'High Tea', even though I don't actually drink tea :)

    I'm trying (and failing) to watch the first season of Fringe. It's just finding the time. The third season of The Tudors is also screening - it's great. Otherwise, I've been picking compnents for my new computer. All sorted and I just have to order it! GULP!

    I hope you have a wonderful time meeting Dnielle tomorrow and enjoy Skin Game!


  9. Ooh... Stacy I too have just gotten my copy of Skin Game and I'm looking forward to the weekend when I can sit down and read it cover to cover. You must let me know what you think of it.


  10. It was great meeting you today!!! I had so much fun talking books.


  11. Sounds like you had a great time at The Drake Hotel. In all my trips to Chicago, I've never been there, but it is on my list of places to see. Hope you and Danielle had a wonderful time together. It is so much fun to meet your internet friends in person.

    I have to second telling you to give 24 a shot. I blew through the first season in one weekend a few years ago. Was totally hooked after that weekend. I can't wait for the new season to start.


  12. Oh Amy I do, I do LOL. It was fun. I'll be posting on it sometime soon :)

    Thanx Cecile, but trust me, I am boring, boring, boring. But I'm okay with that. I might get out once in awhile, but I prefer to stay at home and read. I'm a total geek :)

    Thanx Susi. But your side of the world sounds so exotic to this boring American. I'd love to get the chance to meet the many awesome online friends I've met from different countries. Maybe one day...

    Kwana! You're killing me here. I probably will be adding 24 to my queue, just cuz I hate not knowing!

    Mandi, good point about the drama. I'm not a drama person. I prefer nice and quiet :)

    Smokin, but that sounds like fun! I wish I had more to post on Goodreads. And yay on the Foster update. Yay!!!

    Christine, I loved SG, and Danielle was a complete doll. She's so incredibly knowledgable about the 'net and ebooks. I felt like an idiot, but she never made me feel that way. Can't wait to meet up w/ her again.

    Orannia, I want to watch Fringe cuz of Joshua Jackson. And I have season 2 of The Tudors. It's making its way up the list....

    You too, Liza???? Yeah, I'm gonna get suckered in, I just know it....


  13. Nah - you can't be a boring person, or else I weren't be anxious to come back to read your update blog posts :)

    Sound like you had fun hanging out with your good friends and meeting new one. Enjoy your upcoming weekend ahead.

    I hope you enjoy the rest of the Gilmore Girls, I love that show! And yes IMO, I do think you should try watching "24". It is a good show.


  14. I keep telling you, you should put the first season of 24 in your queue right now. You'll be addicted to it like crack and you won't care. ;-)

    I had a great time at the Drake, too! Wonderful getting a chance to catch up in person, as always.


Post a Comment