Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Friday, October 30, 2009:
My procrastinating nature up against technology
Yes, this is an old, must re-visited topic for me, but once again I am blogging about it. As many of you know, I am probably the world's biggest procrastinator. I remember a few years back I blogged about wanting to get a tattoo. At the time, I did, very much so. But I couldn't decide what design I wanted. It needed to be something that would mean something personal to me, an image I could live with for the rest of my life. Now, years later, I still haven't decided, and now I'm not even sure I want one anymore. Issue solved.

But now I have a new obsession. I've been wanting to get a new phone for awhile. Currently, I have a Razr, got it back when Razrs were actually kinda cool. But that was 3 or 4 years ago now, so I've been thinking I need to upgrade. Not that I have a need to do so; I don't have a job where I need to be connected at all times and I'm clueless when it comes to new technology. But I WANT one. Thing is, I have no idea which one to get. I have AT&T because most of my friends are on this plan so it's great for moble2mobile. Several people are trying to convince me to get an iPhone, but do I really want to spend $200 for a new phone plus whatever it costs for the monthly plan. Right now my cell bill is around $50. I don't want to double that. I probably need to sit down and decide which phone is really best for me. Kati got an Impression, so maybe I should compromise and find something like that. Possibly the Solstice. Still need to figure it all out....

I've also had my current camera for about 3 years, and while it still works fine, it's not as quick as a lot of today's cameras, and I admit, I wanted a pretty one, like this CoolPix someone raved about. This one is an easy one. I think I'll be getting it. Love the cover, it's point & shoot, and well within my price range. I don't need anything to fancy, but I want something that will encourage me to take more pictures. I am horrible at this. But if I have a pretty camera, then maybe I'll get better at it? Well, that's the story I'm going to stick with.

And now that I'm looking at cameras and phones, I also want to get a new laptop. Again, I don't really need one, it's just all about want. Should I cross on over to the other side and go for a Mac, or stick with what I know? And why, you're probably wondering, am I spending all this money? Well there is a benefit I have through work that would take care of the cellphone and the laptop. Pretty cool.
An informed consumer is a happy consumer. But I am horrible at waiting, and taking the time to compare. I just want someone with a clever brain to just tell me what to buy. So, yeah, feel free to just tell me what to do. Obviously I'll make the final call, but input is happily accepted. And if I were to get the iPhone, what is the best plan if I use internet service????



Muchos gracias for putting up with the world's biggest procastinator.


Next topic up to agonize over: upgrading the blog and what features to add.

Labels:

5 Comments

  1. Ok, I'm the same :)
    I have to get a new mobile but I just can't decide what to get and I've been planning to buy new laptop for four months now but I still haven't decided. And my phone doesn't work properly anymore and my PC is going to combust anytime now I'm sure. So are we procrastinators or just indecisive people?
    Have a great weekend :)


  2. I *mostly* like my new phone. I don't love the calendar feature, but it's not that big a deal. I just used to have a palm, and its calendar feature is excellent, and I depend on my phone calendar to keep the entire contents of my brain intact. Soooo, it's not my favorite.

    But I love the phone itself and can waste a remarkable amount of time on it.

    Good luck on your search for the other stuff. It's always a challenge, isn't it?


  3. I'm with Verizon, so I'm so jealous that you could get an iphone. My entire family is with Verizon so I won't be changing anytime soon. I have a blackberry and like it, but don't love it. It's the Storm and has a touch screen, but it also tends to freeze up every once in a while.

    I would love both a new camera and laptop, but will have to pray mine both make it for a while longer. I'm thinking about switching to a Mac, but I really know the pc much better. I have a couple of years before I'll be able to buy one, so I have a little time to think and save.


  4. I so completely know where you are coming from :) I should have replaced my phone over a year ago - it's about 5 years old and the battery is dying...fast.

    However, I'd also like an eBook reader, but the only option I have here is an iTouch or an iPhone...and the latter are NZ$1000 with no contract!

    I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and set aside some time to look through all the phones available. *SIGH* Am so not looking forward to it!


  5. Come to the other side. Once you go Mac, you never go back. ;)

    If you're seriously considering switching to a Mac, you should check out their refurbished stuff. It's like buying a dealer certified used car and you can save literally hundreds of sticker price.

    /end sales pitch


Post a Comment