Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Tuesday, July 07, 2009:
Spotlight: B - Suzanne Brockmann
Photobucket


Continuing my spotlight, it should be no surprise that for the letter "B", I went with one of my all-time favorite authors: Suzanne Brockmann. For anyone who visits my blog on any kind of regular basis, you already know I go on and on about Brockmann. No apologies. I love her books and right now she's the only author whose books I will run out on release day to get in hardcover. The only one. That's how much I love her books.

Not that they've all been perfect. Sometimes she's veered away from writing about the characters I want to read about and throws in something to make me more impatient for the next Sam & Alyssa story or the continuation of Jules' and Robin's relationship. But always, always I find myself emotionally engaged in her stories. I might get frustrated and mad and cry like a baby, but I'll take that over a "meh" book anyday.
Photobucket

The book that started it all, "Kiss And Tell"

Original cover here

Definitely one off my keeper shelf. I think there are a few of her books I don't actually have, and I'm actually okay with that. I have all the Troubleshooters and the TD&D books, so I'm not going to make myself crazy over it.

Like Ann Aguirre, I also had the pleasure of meeting Suz. It was several years ago when she came to a library signing in my area. So down to earth and friendly that I eventually forgot to be nervous. I think it was only the 2nd time I'd met an author (the first being Diana Gabaldon) and the first time I went by myself, so waiting in line I was doubly nervous. But no worries. Suz was great about it. Must be used to us fangirls *g* I don't remember all that was said, but I remember walking away thinking what a genuinely nice person she was. Along for the ride was her husband, author Ed Gaffney, and best friend Eric, and they were collecting donations and goods for the troops. All in all, it was a very good day :)


Are you a Brockmann fan?

Which book or storyline is your favorite?

Labels: ,

14 Comments

  1. I have yet to read her, but I do have Unsung Hero in my tbr. Is that a good one to start with?


  2. I have never read her. I don't know why because I have heard wonderful things about her writing.


  3. Hmm, you know I've kind fallen out of love with Suz, but I still love Over the Edge. It and Heart Throb are the only two that remain on my keeper shelf. Love Stan, he's one of my favorite heroes!


  4. New author to me Stacey! Thanks for sharing her!!!
    Going add her to the list of authors to look up!!!
    Hope you have a great day!


  5. Mandi, it's the first in her Troubleshooters series. I would recommend it :)

    Patty, you should! I just gobble 'em up.

    Kati, I know, that's okay. I'll forgive you *g* OTE is excellent, btw.

    Cecile, enjoy. Nothing like more fans to gush over her books with :)


  6. I just recently read my first two books by her (Forbidden & Freedom's Price). And I really liked them both! I'll definitely read more from her...


  7. I'm a huge Suz Brockmann fan and I think my favoritest story from her is Over the Edge, such a good book!

    And my favorite storyline is the friends to lovers storyline. Those kinds of storylines always get me.


  8. I love her books, I have almost all the troubleshooter books and all the SEAL team 10 books. I recently got a copy of Undercover princess, an old Harlequin of hers, have not started it yet though. Heartthrob and Bodyguard are really good too.

    Great choice for B, Stacy :) I am jealous that you have met her, but I would not know what to say if I did.


  9. How cool is it that Stan is the favorite hero for so many? Team 16 is definitely my favorite series, but Team 10 rocks as well. Nobody writes SEALs like Suz.

    I agree, though, her oder titles are fabulous as well.


  10. I have not trued any of Suzanne's books. I really need to try one. Which would you recommend?


  11. You already know I'm right there with you in the Suz fan group. :-D She's on my (very) short list of authors I buy hardcover, too.

    My fave book is Hot Target, btw. I love the whole Jules and Robin story arc.


  12. I was introduced to SB's books last year by a friend of mine. I've read the first two in the Troubleshooters series - IIRC OTE is next? I also have Heartthrob on my TBR list...am trying to remember who recommended that?

    I know I'm way behind, but I have to many books to look forward too!

    Loving the alphabetical spotlight Stacy :)


  13. Stan was my favorite also. I think the reason I love her so much, is that the banter between her characters is so realistic. She also hasn't shied away from real topics( unwanted pregnancy, homosexuality, death of a spouse, ect...) her heroes are mostly alpha, but not afraid to cry or fall inlove. All in all her books give me that high, that as an avid reader, I'm constantly searching for. She never disappoints.


  14. I used to read and love her books but then she slowly changed style and I'm not a fan at all of multiple storyline books. Plus The Defiant Hero holds the dubious title of most hated heroine and I couldn't read a book of hers after that one. But up 'til then I was a big fan.


Post a Comment