Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Tuesday, June 23, 2009:
My latest obsessions...
I believe that I'm a wee bit obsessive-compulsive, so when I end up loving something, I tend to go overboard. Here are just a few of the things I'm totally glomming these days....




Photobucket

I read "Slave To Sensation" maybe a year ago, and while I liked it, I wasn't enthralled...at least not at the time. But I recently re-read it, and then grabbed a copy of "Angels' Blood", and now I'm all about Nalini. Sure I'm late to the party, but whatever. I have about 4 or 5 stories, including the anthologies, to go gaga over, and I am beside myself with excitement. I think I just needed to get into a paranormal state of mind, and now that I am, I don't want to leave anytime soon. And who knew angels could be so hot????


Photobucket
I told myself that with the blogging and Yahoo groups and all the other things I get sucked into online that I wasn't going to let Twitter control me. And it hasn't, not completely. But I find myself getting pulled in, sort of like that little voice in your head that says it's okay to have one more piece of chocolate, and then it becomes another until it's melted all over your face. But I digress. Twitter is the word. I only have about 1550 updates compared to others who have over 15,000, but still, I am hooked. And the really bad thing is, I can access it from work, so I've been very bad. But it's kinda fun. Do any of you Twitter, or have you managed to escape it's seductive siren's song?



Photobucket


I admit, when I first started watching this, I rolled my eyes at how the formula went: doctors thought they knew the illness, but they're wrong. They think they know again. Again, they are wrong. Finally when the patient is just about to die or suffer some horrible fate, they figure it out. It's funny how the doctors have no guilt over breaking into someone's house to find the answers. Huh. But it grew on me like mold. I'm hooked. Dr. House is a curmudgeon who says whatever the hell he wants, but he's not the mean, spiteful jerk I thought he was going to be. He's rather likable. I think I might even have a weird little crush on his character. So of course I want to know more about him, and the other characters, though I'm a little irritated right now about how quickly they're willing to turn on House, but I guess if he was my boss, I might feel the same way. I've only watched the first 4 discs, there are 2 more to go in season 1, and I cannot wait to get them. And I want to glom the rest of the seasons, but I'm going to try and pace myself. Of course that will probably be a complete lie and I'll add the next several seasons to my Q to watch next.
Now I know Hugh Laurie is English, but he sounds so very different than House. Take a listen...


What are some of your current obsessions?

Labels:

14 Comments

  1. Muah-ha-ha-ha...

    Another one joins the Nalini contingent! Yay! Welcome aboard Stacy! Grab a cocktail, it's a bumpy ride! I'm so glad you're enjoying Nalini's work. She's just so fabulous! Are you reading Angel's Blood? I loved, loved, loved that book! (Duh, don't I always?!)

    I've avoided Twitter like the plague. I have a login, but ugh, I want no part of it. I have too obsessive a personality. ;o)


  2. Hey Stacy:

    I've very late to the party with Nalini too, I have the Psy-Changling books sitting in the alps and have yet to get to them but will. I hear they are not to be missed!

    I've avoided Twitter like the plague. No time... lol

    You are sure not alone with House I read an entertainment blurb recently that indicated it is the most popular show on television. ;)

    Great post!

    Have a great day...
    L


  3. Hey Stacy!!

    Oh thank GOODNESS I haven't joined Twitter!! As if Blogging wasn't a lure, I don't need anything else.

    Must resist.


  4. I have a couple of books by Nalini in my tbr pile. I haven't started using Twitter yet, but know that it will happen eventually. Although, I'm not even good about updating my profile on facebook, so I would probably suck at Twitter. Still love watching House. I'm catching up on last season right now.

    Some of my new obsessions are NCIS and How I Met Your Mother.


  5. Kati, I knew you'd approve. I'm so happy I have like 4 of her Psy books to dig into before the withdrawal hits, and hopefully by then her next Angel book will be out. And the whole Twitter thing? Insane. I gotta stop.

    Lea, I know I should give up Twitter. But it's so addictive. The worst thing ever. Interesting news about House. I wouldn't have thought it was that popular, but it definitely has me hooked.

    Barbara, keep far, far away from Twitter LOL. It's safer that way. It really cuts into my blogging and reading time.

    Liza, since I can't access FB from work, I don't visit it very often anymore. Which is sad, but I just had to give something up.


  6. Nalini is the bomb!!! I loved StS and of course all the rest that followed. You should definitely read the rest of the Psy/Changeling series!

    I used to love House (when I watched tv) - so easy to get sucked into! :)

    Twitter - I just can't go there. lol


  7. I am also late to the party. I read my first Singh few days ago (it was Angels' Blood) and I _loved_ it. Those angels with their wings - one word: awesome! I'll be trying her Psy/Changeling series soon...


  8. Nalini Singh is so good.

    Twitter..umm..yeah..I can't get off. It is soooo addictive!

    Dexter is my new tv addiction. I am just starting with the first season.


  9. I love my Twitter but for some reason it goes SO slow every time I login on my computer that I got frustrated and don't go as much.

    As for obsessions. I'm still way too Twilight obsessed for my own good. But I am writing my first YA and I'm LOVING it.

    Oh, and the Mentalist. I just found that show!


  10. I love nalinis Psy-Changling series!
    Detest twitter.
    My biggest obsession is books, Books, books.


  11. Tracy, I didn't watch t.v. for about 5 years. I was so obsessed back then. Now I just do the Netflix thing. The internet has taken over.


    Maija, I'm glad I'm not the only one late to the party! But better late than never, right?

    Mandi, I watched the first season of Dexter and really, really liked it. Instead of glomming the series, I started watching other stuff, but I will get back to Dexter.

    Kelley, I must go check out The Mentalist as I adore Simon Baker. Belated happy anniversary, btw!

    Estella, I wish I could hate on Twitter, but it has me in its grubby little paws. Oh well, there are worse things, I'm sure.


  12. I read "Slave to Sensation" and was personally unimpressed. M'eh. I thought the heroine was a one-woman pity-party and I didn't like that they made one race "evil" and one race "good" - I have to agree with Mrs Giggles and say I wish Singh could have made her species boundaries' morality more blurred. Different strokes, I guess. I've heard the other books get better but I'm the kind of person you have snap up with the first book if you want to keep me. There are exceptions of course (Sherry Thomas and Julie Anne Long spring to mind).

    Right now my current obsession is with the NBC/CTV sci-fi show "The Listener," starring the oh-so-very-pretty-and-Canadian Craig Olejnik as a telepathic paramedic who solves crimes. I loves it.


  13. Hey Stacy! I didn't enjoy Slave to Sensation either and haven't read any others by her. I guess I'll have to give it another try.

    I haven't twittered yet but Facebook sure seems to take up alot of my time!


  14. *SIGH* I love Nalini's books. You do know that the latest book in the Psy-Changeling series will be released on 07 July? And another in November before the next Angel book? I know, it's a loooong wait :)

    I'm definitely an obsessive-compulsive, but at the moment I can't put my finger on anything in particular, although I am enjoying the last season of Foyle's War (although they are now making a new season, so YAH! :)


Post a Comment