Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Wednesday, June 17, 2009:
Contest: signed copy of "Tails of Love" anthology
Photobucket

Ten all-new stories that celebrate our animal friends, by bestselling and award-winning authors.

From Seeing Eye dogs to the cat who cuddles in your lap, animals are there for us in more ways than we can count. Helping us get through the day with a wag of the tail and a tilt of the head, they let us know that someone is on our side no matter what. They also have an amazing ability to break down barriers between people; bringing families and loved ones closer, and giving strangers an excuse to strike up a conversation. In "Tails of Love," each writer draws from her own unique perspective on our loyal friendsaexploring the many mysterious ways they bring love into our lives.

Hi all. During the Lori Foster, Dianne Castell event, I managed to get an extra copy signed by all the wonderful authors of this anthology, and I'm going to have a drawing for one lucky winner. It will be incredibly easy: just tell me your favorite animal. It could be a dog, cat, horse, tiger (like mine), squirrel, whatever. So all you need to do is include what type of animal you love, maybe your own pet. Maybe it's one that has been there to give you unconditional love when you've had a bad day. We could all use that from time to time.

I will chose a winner on Sunday, June 21st, noon CST, and the winner can provide me their email address at that time. The contest is open to anyone, regardless of where you live, as long as you can receive mail.

As a reminder, please do not include your email address in your response as it is the winner's responsibility to contact me, and you must answer the question in order to qualify. A winner will be chosen by Random.org.
Good luck!

Labels: ,

25 Comments

  1. I have 4 dogs, shih-tzu's. The moment my mother brought home Amber I fell for this race and when i moved in with DH I got myself one too...two years later I had 5 LOL Love each of them to pieces. So my favorite animal is a dog.


  2. I love my dog Lucy. She is the best dog ever. She would be an extra babysitter in the yard when I would take my children outside and as they grew bigger an excellent playmate, she loves to play soccor with the kids.


  3. My favorite animal is my German Shepherd Gypsy. She is so sweet and loves to have her belly rubbed.


  4. Last summer we adopted two kittens from the local shelter and, even though they have gotten into so much more trouble than I could ever have imagined, they have also given our whole family many hours of enjoyment so I'm voting for cats.


  5. I don't have any pets because I'm allergic. But I've always loved to see my grandmother's cats whenever I'm visiting her. So cats!


  6. We have one horse, several chickens and cats to go along with our 4 dogs. I don't like to pick favorites with any of our animals. However if I had to chose just one, I'd pick Pepper. He is one of our male cats that lives in the house. He is just so laid back yet he can talk your ear off. He gets in one of his talking moods and can go on forever. We love our animals. Have a great day.


  7. My favorites are dolphins, I have a huge collection of them!


  8. I love jaguars - they are so beautiful and sleek.


  9. I love love love the cover of this book. Unfortunately I don't own any pets because I have family members who are highly allergic, but I wish I had a dog.


  10. Stacy,

    My favorite animal of all time is the black panther, can't have one as a pet obviously but I love them all the same. I hope I win the contest as I love reading about animals and this sounds like a wonderful book. Keeping fingers crossed.
    Cheryl


  11. I am a complete and utter dog nut! At the moment I have an 11 year old Shepherd Mix, and a 2 month old Catahoula mix. I also have a love of horses, but never had the opportunity to learn to really ride or be close to them.


  12. I love dogs, but because of allergies can't have one right now. Hopefully my allergy shots will allow me to have a dog at some point. I also really love panda bears.


  13. Like a few others, I don't have a pet because I'm allergic. However, I really like the arctic fox.


  14. I love cats. I have three. One of them is 19 years old and her name is Callie.


  15. my favorite stuffed animal to collect are frogs but not in real life. My favorite real life animal to observe is butterfly.


  16. I have a Australian Shepherd pup named Lando and hes is CRAZY but i love him! :o)


  17. I'm a cat person. I have two rescue cats who have been with me since they were very young and who are now both 15 years old. They're truly my babies.

    I love all animals, though, and I also love dolphins. I did a dolphin swim last year, and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life!


  18. my favorite animal is my cat I have had cats all through my life and right now I have a grey short hair I named fang fang. Right now he is sitting in front of my computer me type this opps he just fell off the computer desk.


  19. I'm a cat person too. I have three cats, 14 and 15 years old and they really are a comfort on a bad day.


  20. I love dogs.


  21. I like dogs in books :D Thank you so much for having this giveaway.


  22. dogs, dogs I love dogs !!!
    Don't have one at the moment but still...


  23. I think this would be a toss up between pot-bellied pigs and wolves. I know, very different but I love them both. I used to have a pbp and he was wonderful...but like living with a 2 year old that always wants his way! lol And wolves I just think are beautiful.

    btw - I left an award for you on my blog. :)


  24. Cats. I used to have them, but now I have to settle for my brother's dog.


  25. I have two cats! Both of my cats I adopted. One is really close to me and the other to my daughter. Misha is mine here that loves to sleep on my feet. Too, she's always with me, especially those days when I deal with pain. Hunter is the playful one! If my daughter is out, he brings down this toy mouse and stick! (yes a stick, like a dog brings!). I love having them around me!! I've always had two with me. Always believed that they needed to not be alone either. I'd love to get a dog some day! A smaller kind one!


Post a Comment