Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Friday, May 29, 2009:
What I'm watching and other riveting stuff
I finally finished watched season 2 of "Grey's Anatomy" this week, and it was soooo good. Except for the ending, of course. But it wasn't as bad as I was actually expecting. I was prepared for a total heart-wrenching experience, and it was very sad, but the way it went down wasn't as awful as I thought it might be. And that was good. But still, it WAS sad.

(((Denny)))


Here is a picture of JDM - a.k.a. Denny Duquette - from "P.S. I Love You", where he played the Irish hottie Billy. He's definitely one of the reasons to watch this movie. And you get to see his nekkid butt. If that's not a good enough reason, I don't know what is.
Next up is "Catch and Release". I've heard about this one since it's come out and really didn't have an interest in seeing it, at least not until I watched a clip at Lea's blog, where she was hosting a contest for the best kiss. Then I decided that yeah, I did want to see it. So this is part of my weekend plan, to watch this movie.


And I like Jennifer Garner. She's pretty in a clean, refreshing, non-plastic kind of way, and I also think she makes for a total kick-ass chick ala Sydney Bristow. LOVED that show.
Has anyone seen this movie? What did you think of it?




I've also got "North Country" next up in my Netflix Q. Normally it takes a lot for me to want to see this type of film. But one of the reasons I want to see it is because it was filmed in my hometown, where my parents still live. It's also based on a true situation that happened back in the '70's in the mines where my dad works. So I'm definitely curious about it and how it all plays out, knowing that it will affect me more strongly not only because of the sexual harassment, but because it was done by people in my hometown, some of whom my parents probably knew. I was just a kid back then, so I don't remember anything about it, but I'm sure they do. I've never really talked to them about it. I'll watch the movie first.

Tomorrow I'm getting together with friends for a cook-out, and the weather should be perfect after several days of cold and rain. And then I have to start thinking about what I'm going to pack for next weekend for the big Lori Foster/Dianne Castell event. I'm more excited than ever because of all the people that plan on attending - Kati, LeeAnn, AmyC, to name a few. And of course many of my "old" online friends that I've adored for years. It is going to be such a great time. I'll try to take some decent pictures and post them when I return. I've decided against a laptop because I just want to enjoy my time with everyone and talk about it later. I'm not a good multi-tasker.

What's going on in your world?

Labels: , ,

11 Comments

  1. I actually rewatched all of season 2 of Grey's this week. You inspired me. I sobbed (as always) when Alex pulled Izzie off of Denny and onto his lap, and she's sobbing those horrible gut sobs. So sad. I'm on to Season 3 now. Which is a really dark season. I'd kind of forgotten how dark.

    Um, I watched Catch & Release. And, well, hated it. She ends up with the wrong guy, and pretty much nothing is guaranteed to piss me off more. I'll be really interested to see what you think.


  2. Oh no, I was so excited that you were watching Catch and Release, but then I see that Kati says she hated it! I loved it! Uh oh :).


  3. I love watching season 2 of Grey's. We get to meet McSteamy and Izzie and Denny have such an amazing love story. It was very sad, and I still cry when I watch the season finale, but still watch it over and over again.

    I didn't like Catch & Release the first time I saw it, but loved it when I saw it a second time. Not sure if I was just not in the mood the first time or what. I love Jennifer Garner, so I watch most everything she is in.

    I've never seen North Country, but will give it a shot at some point. I haven't really watched anything too new lately. I did catch up on 3 episodes of NCIS last night.


  4. I didn’t love Catch and Release but I enjoyed it.

    I can’t wait to see you next weekend too!! I’m still debating on the whole laptop thing ;op


  5. I. Want. To. Go. To. The. Lori Foster. Event. She says with a quivering lip...

    Sadly I cannot go, but I will think of all you cool folks there.

    I've not seen Catch & Release but I'm anxious to hear what you think of it Stacy.

    Me, I'm reading, reading, and reading all weekend. And, I've got a review to write.

    Best Regards
    L


  6. PS:

    Thank you for the mention. :)

    L


  7. Hi! I really liked Catch and Release! I cried like a baby when Denny died! I think it's season 3 or 4 where they do a ghost episode with Izzie and Denny and I loved that too! I'm on netflix too, kevin_cindy @ verizon.net if you want to add me (or anyone else) as a friend!

    Have a great weekend! Cindy


  8. OH MAN...I cried like a flippin baby at that ending...:*( I watch Grey's as well but haven't watched this past season. WARNING Ive heard this seasons ending was worse than Season 2's ending...how can that even be possible?!? lol


  9. Hey Stacy - I have to say I really thought both Catch and Release and North Country fell short. There was something missing and I couldn't tell you what it was. I think lots of the emotion was left on the cutting room floor.

    Ah - season 2 of Grey's Anatomy, great season - it drops in season 3 but it certainly picked up this past year.

    I'm so jealous that both you and Kati will be at the Lori Foster/Diane Castell event - wish I was going with you two. Can't wait to hear all about it!


  10. Kati, I'm right there with you. I rented it from Netflix and can't bear to send it back. Yet. Me thinks I need to buy the first 2 seasons. I haven't watched C&R yet, but I remember reading some so-so reviews, so I'm going in with less than stellar expectations.

    LOL Amy. Well, we'll see. I have so much to do before the weekend and it's all my fault cuz I put stuff off now I'm paying the price. Whew.

    Liza, I get obsessed when I love something. I might watch season 2 until I'm sick of it. I just finished North Country. I'll be posting my review.

    LeeAnn, next weekend is going to be awesome. I did a little shopping today for it. Nothing fancy, just more summery clothes. Now I have to plan out my books to bring for signing.

    Lea, Lori's event is the one event I go to every year, w/o fail. It's affordable and close enough that it's a must. As for reviewing, I'm finally working on some. I hate when I get behind because I don't want to forget my thoughts on a book. I'm not someone who takes notes, I just go off of memory. Kinda scary, actually *g* And you're welcome. That kiss scene convinced me ;)

    CindyW, you can add friends on Netflix? Who knew? I just pretty much select movies for my Q, and I don't review. I'll have to check that out.

    Monroe, I kinda heard some stuff about this last season. It's hard not to, even when you try. But that's okay. By the time I actually see it, I'm sure I'll forget *g*

    Marisa, I did watch NC, and wasn't riveted by it. It was rather...sterile. Considering the subject matter, I expected something more. Still, I'm glad I watched it, especially since that's where I grew up.


  11. You sure can, under browse dvd, select friend home, then friends and faves then invite friends! Good Luck!


Post a Comment