Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, February 02, 2009:
Present & Upcoming stuff
I'm taking a few moments to figure out what I've been doing this year and what I'd like to accomplish here at the blog. As long as I'm still having fun, I decided to not put too much pressure on myself by setting up crazy expectations - let the blog go where it wants. As you can probably tell, I really don't have a true pattern to this place, and I'm okay with that. I'm not disciplined enough to have Monday's Men or Wednesday's Wonders, which I totally love to see at other people's blogs. I just don't have it in me to keep up with that. I'll leave it to the masters.

And while it's true I've been reading up a storm (for the most part) other stuff seems to be suffering. I can't believe I haven't had a contest all year! I must change this, but so far my schedule's pretty swamped with work and business trips (going to D.C. again for part of next week). I hope to maybe have a Valentine's Day contest so that will be my first one of the year. Not sure what yet, but something fun, I hope.
SEP's booksigning is this upcoming Saturday! I still haven't finished "Natural Born Charmer" because I've been all caught up in "Dark of Night", which I'm in the process of re-reading. It's going to be difficult to review because I want to talk about EVERYTHING, and I have to work on that. So far? It's my favorite book of 2009. Decker and Sophia and Dave? Yeah, she made that work for me. No, they are not a threesome now. Sorry to spoil that for anyone *g*

Today's good news is that in the Sharon Cullars eBay auction I won the copy of Lisa Kleypas' "Forever My Love"! Can't wait to get that one in my hot little hands. It's from 1988, and I know she's gotten much better since then so I'm just going to read it without expecting to be dazzled like I usually am. It's more out of fondness for the author than anything else. It's like reading Brockmann's earlier works, I'm sure.

So how was your weekend?

Did you watch the Superbowl?

Did your team win?

Labels: ,

6 Comments

  1. That's awesome, Stacy!! I have Forever My Love. I actually bought it on ebay (don't ask how much) and have yet to read it. I'm terrified the poor thing my crumble on me, lol. I hope you enjoy it!!


  2. ooo--I'm having a day off when DON arrives. And SEP is hilarious. Gosh you are in for a fun time. I'm cabbage looking with envy :)


  3. So you're the person that beat me out of Forever My Love. Darn you!


  4. Ooh, I'm jealous! I would love a vintage LK!


  5. Dave+Sophia+Decker=Wo0T!

    I was totally onboard for the whole thing and completely happy with the ending. :-


  6. You know, this is STACY'S place on earth-- ya gotta do what makes you happy and what makes the blog fun and joyful to you. I don't want to read any weekly meme that someone has posted grudgingly like a hated homework assignment.

    Personally, I use memes as kind of an imagination jogger. If it works to give me an idea, GREAT! If not, I give it a pass until next week. Yanno?


Post a Comment