Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Friday, January 30, 2009:
Ugh! (my version)
I'm experiencing LeeAnn reading syndrome (aka pages out of whack!) with Suzanne Brockmann's "Dark of Night". I got to about page 130 and all of a sudden it jumps from 130 to 134, then 133, 132, 131. Then 135, 136, 139, 138, 137...UGH!!!! It's done this for about 50 pages now. Tonight I'm going to go get a new copy, and I'll be skimming the pages to make sure it's not a mess.
----
I will tell you that I am LOVING this book. It starts up immediately where the previous one left off, and you know right up front who's with who. And at first it had me squirming in my chair since my heart was conflicted, but you know, Suz is making it work for me. That's why I adore her so.
----
So that's my update on my reading. It's supposed to warm up into the 30's this weekend, and hopefully that will melt some of this ugly snow. And next weekend is the SEP signing - yay! I still have to read "Natural Born Charmer" before then. I don't think that will be a problem though. It's up after DoN.
----
Hope y'all have a fabulous weekend!

Labels:

11 Comments

  1. Ack! I've had that happen. I once read a book that skipped two entire chapters.


  2. Hi Stacy,
    I love your blog!!
    We got an email at our bookstore informing us of the defect. So we had to through all the DoN we got and thankfully only 1 was a defect.

    Sorry you got a defected copy!!

    I'm starting DoN today, very excited.


  3. That's so weird. With my luck, it'll happen when I'm reading Smooth Talking Stranger and my head will explode!

    I'm reading the new Kresley Cole and am really enjoying it (no surprise there!).

    I'm glad you're loving the book though, Stacy. I hear nothing but good things from Brockmann readers about it!


  4. She mentioned a problem on her website. The books were supposed to be sent back and the publisher had sent the proper printed books out. Bummer!!!!


  5. Oh no! She sent out a warning about this in her last newsletter.


  6. I have never come across a book with that problem. Gotta be frustrating. But it makes me think of the Goosebump books where you choose your own outcomes :).


  7. OMG That was the first thing I checked when my book arrived yesterday. If the pages had been out of order, you would have heard me screaming across the miles. Thank goodness I got a good copy. LOL

    So good, so far! Yay!


  8. Oh it's so frustrating when that happens. Hopefully you can get a "good" copy. So glad to hear that you're enjoying the book!


  9. Stacy I feel your pain! But at least all of the pagers were there :o) I’m picking up a new copy today for the one I was reading. I had to stop in the middle of it (just when it was getting really good) and wait days (it had to be ordered)!


  10. I would love that book! I collect oddities in books! I have a book that the cover was cut wrong, so the spine portion is actually on the cover. I have another one, that it is missing 40 pages right in the middle!


  11. Hi Stacy!
    I went out today and bought the book once I saw you had it. Until you, I didn't even know it was out!
    I just flipped to those pages you mentioned to check and *WHEW*, the pages are in order.

    I would have taken it back if it was defective.
    Thanks for the heads up and I can't WAIT to read it!


Post a Comment