Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Friday, January 23, 2009:
Reminder: register for the 5th annual Lori Foster reader/writer get-together
Photobucket


5th Annual Readers and Authors Get Together

from Lori Foster, Dianne Castell, Linda Keller
Friday, June 5 — Sunday, June 7, 2009
All raffle proceeds will benefit the One Way Farm Children’s Home of Fairfield Ohio


HOTEL RESERVATIONS:

*must register by May 19th*

Call: 1-800-MARRIOTT or 513-874-7335 or Email:
jerry.rigney@Marriott.com

Cincinnati Marriott North

6189 Mulhauser Road

West Chester, OH 45069-4842
(Just north of Cincinnati on I-75 at Union Center Blvd, exit 19)

Yay! I'm so excited. Got my hotel room and just need to submit my registration. This will be my 5th year going, and I enjoy it more each time. This is a great opportunity for me to connect with several of my online friends who I only see once a year. I strongly urge anyone who's never been to attend. It's fun, affordable, and a wonderful opportunity to help several great causes. So not only are we able to enjoy being a part of the romance community over this weekend, we're doing our part and giving back. A total win/win situation :)

Troop donations are always welcome. My good friend (and angel!) Laurie Damron collects all items for the troops and mails them out. Sometimes she has so many boxes that it looks like she needs a U-Haul to transport them all.
So far, there are 62 authors signed up and I'm sure many more will be attending. There are also many special guests attending the event:

Jane Friedman, Publisher & Editorial Director of Writer’s Digest

Sheila Clover, COS Productions

Michele Buonfiglio, Lifetime.com

Crissy Brashear, Samhain Publisher

Angela James, Samhain, Executive Editor

Marty Mathews, Samhain, Public Relations

DeNita Tuttle, Author Island Promotions

Moni Draper, Senior Editor, Liquid Silver Books

Lori James, All Romance Ebooks


New! Available for purchase at the event:

Photobucket


10 Original Stories by...










Sue-Ellen Welfonder
All Author and Agent proceeds from sales of the book will benefit the AAF - Animal Adoption Foundation - a no-kill animal shelter in Hamilton, Ohio.

Do you plan attending?
What conferences/events will you be going to this year?

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments

  1. You're going?? Oh, oh, oh, I registered me and my mom last week! I'm so excited. I've not done Lori's yet. I'm really looking forward to it. And I get to meet Sue-Ellen Welfonder!

    I was wondering how many online people I've met will be attending, and I'm so happy to see that you are going.


  2. Hmm, this is one that I've been on the fence about, but I might try this year.

    I'm definitely going to RWA, since it's in DC this year. ;o) I *SO* wish you'd come to DC too, Stace.

    :makes with the puppy eyes:


  3. Amy, srsly, you're going? Yay! I can't wait to meet you. It's sooo much fun. I'm a veteran of this event LOL. Definitely we'll have to meet up.

    Kati, I'll do RWA if you do Lori's *g* Actually I already got the vacay time for the week of RWA, it's just a matter of finding someone to share the hotel expenses with. The 2 times I've gone, I've stayed at a different (cheaper) hotel. We'll see....


  4. I didn't even know about this event! I love that it benefits animals and children. Hmmm, one to think about!


  5. Yes! You know, I was going to drive down to DC for the RWA signing, but after emailing a few times with kati (she was awesome help), I realized that it's just not worth driving down for a 2 hour signing. Big cities scare me, and that being the capital...I thought I had a plan, but I would be a nervous wreck and have no fun.

    Lori Foster's is perfect. I've been wanting to go for a few years now. That would be so great to meet you and maybe Kati too, if she goes.


  6. Someday I'm going to this. After all, it's only 2 hours south from Columbus.......


  7. OK. Well. I've emailed Monica and am hoping to be able to share the driving with her. If not, I'll see if Rach might be interested...

    I also emailed Julie in the hopes she might consider coming for the weekend.

    If I can get someone to ride share with me, I'm in!


  8. Stacy it sounds like tons of fun! If I had someone that I knew to share a room with I would probably go. Oh well maybe next year :o)


  9. I am really, really heartbroken because I don't think I'm going to be able to go this year. I had so much for the last two years but I just don't think it will be possible this year.


  10. I won't get to go this year. I'm taking my oldest niece to Chicago after her high school graduation, so that is my big vacation this year. She has never been to Chicago and I love to go to Chicago, plus the Harry Potter exhibit will be there and she and I are both huge fans. Sounds like lots of fun. Hopefully next year.


  11. I can't wait to see you in June, Stacy!! Your hugs are the best - and hey, we're not in hell yet, are we?? May as well keep trying, I say! LOL

    Have a great weekend, sweetie!


  12. I've been wanting to attend Lori's event but the timing never seems to work for me and it looks like that will be the case again this year.

    I'm going to RWA in DC. Already have my registration in and hotel reservations pending.


Post a Comment