Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Thursday, January 29, 2009:
Danger: watch out for that chocolate cake!
Maybe you've seen this out there, but my boss gave this to us at our staff meeting the other day, and though I haven't tried it yet, the idea has much appeal and I know I will be making sure I have all the ingredients in stock so I can make this at whim. Check this out:



5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE



- 4 tablespoons flour

-4 tablespoons sugar

-2 tablespoons cocoa

-1 egg

-3 tablespoons milk

-3 tablespoons oil

-3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional...or not!)

-A small splash of vanilla extract

-1 large coffee mug

*****

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.

Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

*****

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?

Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night?

-----


Photobucket

Labels:

10 Comments

  1. Egads! Just what my blooming butt needed- 5 minute chocolate cake in a mug! *g*


  2. I have to try this! I think I know what will be for dessert this weekend ;op


  3. I have made this! For a 5 minute cake, it is great! But don't expect it to taste like a traditional cake! :D I need to do some tweeking so I can make hubby a vanilla one (he doesn't *gasp* like chocolate!)


  4. I'll have to give this a try. Of course, it will only help my butt get bigger.


  5. (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous)

    Ummm... yeah, sure.


  6. Your killing me Stacy! lol That actually looks really good!


  7. OMG, you just made me so hungry!! This looks great, Stacy!

    Oy, and I have to mention before I send this...the captcha down below spells PREGO and we're talking about craing chocolate cake? Hmmm...LOL!


  8. OMG.


  9. oh lordy, and I just started getting back on counting my WW points. lol. damn you holiday poundage! That looks yummy tho. You know what else is quick and easy and chocolatey? (and low-fat) That No Pudge brownie mix. You can mix up an individual portion with a wee bit of FF yogurt and nuke it in the microwave. Hot brownie! Top with frozen yogurt and voila. oh man, now I'm hungry and I just ate...


  10. OMG I've never seen anything like this! I'm going to try it this weekend for sure. Thanks, Stacy!


Post a Comment