Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Saturday, September 13, 2008:
The blogging blues...
I'm sure we all get them. I think you know what I'm talking about: the lack of inspiration, the feeling you've got nothing to say, the realization it's all been done before. You wonder if you're just talking to yourself, if it really makes a difference that you're blogging, and yet why should you even care? You wrack your brain for an interesting topic, something that appeals to you as much as the people you know visit your blog. You don't want to come across as boring, yet at the same time, it's your blog and you truly blog for yourself (at least you should).
Other thoughts cloud your mind. You've been doing it for awhile now and you're afraid that you're repeating yourself, that everyone's sick of your (Nathan Kamp) obsessions and wonder when you're going to get a life, or at least give away another book *g* You think you might need a break but you like blogging and aren't ready to go on hiatus quite yet.
Part of the blues is that I'm having "one of those days", you know, the kind where nothing goes right and you just want to crawl under the covers and not face the world for a little while. I hate these kinda days because I don't feel like doing anything except wallow in my self-pity until I'm over it. Thank God for silly friends who know how to snap me out of it, especially my friend L who's just plain crazy.

Photobucket
I came across this interesting article about the "blogging blues". Maybe in our quest to connect with others in the information age, we are burning ourselves out. I find myself spending so much time on the computer. I try and justify it since I don't watch much t.v., but I wonder what else I could be doing. Does anyone else feel like that, tied to your computer? And with iPhones, etc., we're even more connected. Crazy, crazy world.
So I thought just for fun I would just post some random facts about me, because that way I'm talking about one of my favorite topics (moi) and hopefully getting past my burn-out at the same time.
  • Do you believe in God? Yes very much so
  • Ever been to Paris? No but hopefully someday...
  • Are you competitive? Only behind the wheel
  • Current favorite alcoholic drink? bella rose martini
  • How long have you been on the internet? I think since 1998
  • First adult romance ever read? "Burning Obsession" by Carole Mortimer when I was 12
  • First car? 1990 Buick Skylark
  • Favorite season? spring when everything is in bloom
  • Are you a girly girl? not really, but I love to do my nails and wear pretty necklaces
  • Celebrity appeal you just don't get? Justin Timberlake - he does nothing for me
  • Guilty pleasure? the really steamy/dirty erotic romances
  • Worst habit? Is laziness a habit, or a personality flaw?
  • Can you ice skate? No, and here I was, born in northern MN, go figure
  • What do you like about yourself? uh, my small wrists?
  • What age were you when you left home for good? 19, and it was over 500 miles away
  • Do you like talking on the phone? I'd rather not
  • Do you believe in miracles? You betcha
  • If you could travel to space, would you go? Don't know, I'm afraid of heights, but now if Gerard Butler were going...
  • Current favorite pop/soda? Cherry Coke Zero
  • Internet time sucker? Twitter
  • Movie everyone has seen but you? E.T.
  • Ethnicity? Finnish, possibly 100%
  • Ever been to the mother country? Yeah when I was 21 and I LOVED it
  • What are you currently reading? "Pleasure Unbound" by Larissa Ione (finally!)
  • Parting words? Good night!

Thank you to all the bloggers, surfers and lurkers that stop by, whether you leave a comment or not. You really make my day :)

Labels: ,

10 Comments

  1. Born in northern MN? Anywhere close to Silver Bay? Just asking :-)

    I don't understand the appeal of Justin Timberlake either.

    What's a Bella Rosa Martini?


  2. I understand what you are feeling because I get the same way. But it is nice you have a friend that knows how to make you smile :).

    Ugh, I spend way too much time on the computer. I tell myself all the time to stay away but it's like a magnet and I got the laptop plastered to my lap once again!


  3. Oh! I like this meme, Stace. I totally get the blogging blues. Why not go back to some of your favorite past blogs and re-do them? Or, see if you can find someone to do a guest blog for you?

    Might work.

    Anyway, I love stopping by each day to see what you're thinking about. Hope you're having a terrific weekend!


  4. I think we all have the blogging blues. If I can't come up with any mind blowing, OMG Kate is so smart posts I will troll You Tube and find a funny and HA-HA video.


  5. Dev, not quite than north - I was actually born in Minneapolis but lived on the Iron Range for 19 years, when I moved to the Chicago area. And yay, another who is confused by JT's appeal *g* A Bella Rose martini is a girly drink made with rose nectar, yummy.

    Amy, I think that's it. I spend more time online than ever before and when you don't talk to people face to face, you miss so much. Still, I've met people all over the world, so I wouldn't change that at all.

    Hey Kati, I want to have Julie back on - she was so funny, and her post was a hit. I know she's got a lot going on, so I'll have to check w/ her on that. But you're right, sometimes you gotta miss it up a little.

    I'm so bad about YouTube. It's a total mindsucker so I stay away. And Kate, I'm so glad you've got your own blog now - it's on my sidebar :)


  6. Thanks Stacy :D You are a peach.
    Another thing I do when I get the blog blues, is post covers and make funny comments about them. Have you seen some of the Elloras Cave ones lately?


  7. Stacy, I'm sure not someone who comments regularly on your blog (or on other blogs), although I read it regularly. So we lurkers are out there! (And I try to do better with commenting on blogs, like right now. ;) )

    I like your meme, especially the rainbow colours. :)


  8. Kate, that's one of the reasons I visit you blog - when you do the WTF covers. Totally cracks me up *g*

    Taja! I appreciate it even if you don't leave a comment. I don't mean to make you feel guilty, I was just having a bad day when I wrote this post (yesterday) and was all 'poor me, poor me'. Ignore my pity parties - they eventually end. LOL.


  9. Stacy, I understood that you didn't want to make anyone feel guilty and I didn't feel like that (no worry). Your "pity party" post was just a weird coincidence because I thought about commenting on some of your recent posts (Quinn, Spencer) and then didn't, so now I really had to. :)

    And pity parties are perfectly all right. Don't we all have them from time to time? I hope you feel better now. Take care.


  10. Stacy I am probably one of the worst and biggest lurkers going......I seldom post but for a real reason, which I won't go into here, but it does hold me back from posting.

    I enjoy your blog, especially your reviews on books - because you do it well.

    I really do not understand the appeal of Justin either, but I always thought it was just my age showing.......LOL


Post a Comment