Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Wednesday, May 28, 2008:
My very first...movie
Photobucket
1965

Dr. Marsh Tracy, head of an African animal behavior center, captures an oddly placid lion whom he names Clarence. The beast's eyes as it turns out, are crossed. When Dr. Tracy and an anthropologist are kidnapped by poachers, Clarence shows his paws, jaws and claws work superbly.
This was the first movie I ever saw on the big-screen. I must have been around 7 or 8 years old. I don't remember much about the movie (I have the worst memory ever) but I do remember how cool it was to sit in the theatre and see everything so huge in front of me, to eat popcorn and a big soda. It was such a thrill. I still really love going to the movies.
What was your first movie in the theatre?
Do you remember it vividly?

Labels:

5 Comments

  1. The first movie I remember in the movie theater was "Peterpan" in an old, historical theater in downtown Las Cruces, New Mexico. The second movie I remember seeing in a theater was "The Sound of Music" in another historical theater (with closing curtains and everything) in Rolling Hills, California. Unfortunately for the other viewers, my mother had the album at home and I knew every.single.word to every.single.song and sang the entire time.

    I remember both vividly and what great memories they are!


  2. I don't know if I remember my first. A few of the more memorable ones?

    The Gnomemobile because it was the one and only time my father every took us to a movie.

    Porky's because my sister and I talked Mom into it when we were kids. See, Mom falls asleep in movies, never fail. And we, being the bright pre-teens that we were, wanted to see it. So we convinced her that it was a kid's movie about a bunch of high school students. Yup. We watched it. And Mom slept. And she never found out until several years later what the movie was really about.


  3. I do believe we are the same person...I loved this movie as a kid :) Don't remember a thing about. They placed funny music/sound affect when Clarence was seeing something if I recall. :)


  4. Oh i remember The Gnome Mobil, I loved that movie. The first movie I remember seeing in the theaters was The Princess Bride. I was like 7 I think I went to the theaters before that but I do not remember it.


  5. It was a cartoon produced by China called Tian Shu Qi Tan. http://gb.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2006/12/08/wd061208018.jpg

    It has a very original and engaging story line involving fox spirits and magic. I loved it so much that I even cut out the movie advertisement from the newspaper at the time to keep.


Post a Comment