Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Wednesday, April 02, 2008:
Wet 'n Wild Wednesday
Photobucket
With all the rain we've been getting, it's certainly wet, but I don't know how wild it is around here. It's still dark when I wake up in the morning. Heck, it's dark right now. I want spring to get here so bad. The real spring, not just the one marked on the calendar, because that one seems like a poor imitation. The one with green grass and lilacs and sun. Melting ponds and blooming buds and warm sun. Baby swans and fragrant breezes and toasty, happy sun. Instead it's gray and cloudy and utterly depressing out there.
I don't know about you, but since reading 3 really great books over the weekend, I am now at a loss as to what to start next. I have tons of books here to choose from, but none of them really pique my interest. I did grab Sophia Nash's "Dangerous Beauty", another historical, so I will start that one and see where it takes me. I aso have Elizabeth Hoyt's trilogy, and from my pimp I've got Grimspace" by Ann Aguirre and the Gardella books from Colleen Gleason. Oh, and I picked up Lacey Alexander's "Seven Nights of Sin" cuz I love her books, and I am all for a hot erotic romance read, but I'm saving that one for the weekend.
How are you surviving this lack of spring?
What's keeping you sane?
Have anything you're looking forward to?
(Like a trip to D.C. perhaps?)

Labels: ,

7 Comments

  1. Wha??? Pimp??? Who???

    LOL! I didn't think you'd pick up Grimspace, but I'm glad you did. I'll be interest to see what you think.

    How have I been spending my Not-Spring? With that guy you've got photo'd there. He's quite a stallion, I'll tell ya! ;o)


  2. Hello!!! He's a pretty enough picture that I've forgotten about the snow and rain that make it impossible to pretend it's spring. =o)


  3. Hello!!! He's a pretty enough picture that I've forgotten about the snow and rain that make it impossible to pretend it's spring. =o)


  4. It was really pretty here yesterday but today it’s a little cloudy but that’s ok. I started some seeds in little pots and put them in my windowsill and they’re looking pretty good and make me think of spring.

    I started Seven Nights of Sin last night and so far it’s been really good! I’m a little bummed I have class tonight and wont have to time to dig into it. But class is fun so it’s kind of a wash.

    And 36 more days till I get to leave for D.C.!!! I can’t wait :o)


  5. Our weather has been springlike as you could tell from the pictures of my son's prom. We are due for rain tonight but so far it's held off.

    I finished Dreamwalker today and loved it like I knew I would. I always put off a book then when I finish I wonder why didn't I go ahead and read it when I got it. I couldn't put it down once I started it.

    I hope to get SNOS before the weekend, but it's not looking like I'll have time to visit a store. HOpefully soon....


  6. i am looking forward to tomorrow when my mother is taking my kids for three days. I am looking forward to having the baby's room finished.


  7. MK, leave it to you to have your hands all over a hottie on my blog LOL. I think I'll read Grimspace after I read Alexander's book this weekend.

    Julie, focus girl! But hey, if that works for you, more power to ya. Hasn't quite managed to make me forget.

    LA don't you hate that? I just want to stay home from work and read, but no go.

    Lisa I'm glad you liked the book. Sounds interesting. I have to check out Kathleen's work.

    Kris, relax w/o the kids, and enjoy putting together the baby's room. You should post some pics at your blog :)


Post a Comment