Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Sunday, April 13, 2008:
Home again...
I am back, well rested and happy to be home. And the nice thing? I didn't miss the internet as much as I thought I would, though I did miss my online friends. I feel a little out of the loop right now, but sometimes that's okay, since I'm not a major player when it comes to the hottest news anyway. I'm a speck in the grand scheme of things.
Highlight of my trip? I got to meet Kati while I was in D.C., but I didn't take any pictures. (Saving that for the Bellathon). She's a sweetheart, smart and funny, and it was so nice to go to a bookstore with someone else who reads romance. That doesn't happen too often. Kati reads like a fiend, and she's got very definite ideas about she likes and doesn't like, but she's never mean about it. She's cool about respecting other's opinions. It was a pleasure to meet her in person.
I got to smell the lovely cherry blossoms, though I didn't head down to the festival. It was lovely, sunny, in the 70's, and felt like spring. I had to laugh at how many people gave me their sympathy for living in Chicago. Really, it's not that bad. Yeah, we had a bad winter, but you know, I grew up in northern Minnesota (a.k.a. "The Shining" syndrome) so I'm almost used to it. Now it's about 38 degrees, and there were even snow flurries earlier today, but I'm a midwest girl at heart, so I deal.
I didn't read as much as I thought I would, but I finished a few books, and will post reviews soon. I just finished Ann Aguirre's "Grimspace" and LOVED it. It was a refreshing change from all the romance I've been reading, and I definitely plan on getting the next one. Good call, as always, Kati.
So tell me: how's the weather where you are right now?
And what have you been reading?

Labels: ,

10 Comments

  1. Welcome back, Stacy! We miss you. Glad you had a good time.

    It's really hot in So Cal. It's supposed to be 99 here today.


  2. It's 70 degrees here today, and beautiful!

    I just finished Sugar Daddy by LK and started An Angel for Emily by JD.

    I'm trying to weed through my TBR pile and pick out a few books to take with me on vacation ~ I'm thinking I'll be taking way too many, but at least I shouldn't run out of options :-)


  3. Okay Kel, that might be a bit too hot! Hope you guys are hanging near the pool or somewhere with a.c.

    Dev, now that sounds more like my speed! I loved SD, and I've read that one by JD. I remember liking it. A vacation sounds lovely. Have a great time :)


  4. Welcome back! Glad you had a great trip.
    It’s nice and sunny with the weather in the 80’s.
    I’m reading the newest Samantha James right now.


  5. I love the cherry blossoms in DC. I have been there so many times and love it each time.
    Kristie is expecting my review of Sugar Daddy, so guess what I am reading?
    Oh and of course I have 530 pages of Lover Enshrined to get through!
    And the TBR keeps growing...


  6. It was WONDERFUL to meet you, Stacy! Hanging with you was just exactly what I thought it would be like, FUN! I loved getting the opportunity to go to a book store with another romance reader, especially one as knowledgeable as yourself. What a gift to get to spend some time with you. I'm glad the rest of your visit went well, and I can't wait for you to come back in May!


  7. Oh! I should have also said, I'm really glad you enjoyed Grimspace. I think Ann is a wonderful author. And I loved how she was able to interweave emotion and action into the story, while creating a really interesting alternate reality.

    I can't wait for Wanderlust!


  8. Hi Stacy!
    Welcome home. :)
    I'm so glad you got to meet up with Kati. Its always a fun step when an online friend becomes a real life friend.

    Its only 51 degrees in NJ today, but the sky is blue, the sun is shining, and the magnolias and cherry trees are blooming here, too. I won't complain.

    I just finished reading Magic Bites and Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews (urban fantasy). I really liked them.. especially Magic Burns, but it is very light on the romance. I'm hoping it picks up a bit more in the next book, because the story line is really good. I'm not sure what I'm going to read next either....


  9. Not to suggest online friends aren't real! My online friends are very real and important to me. That didn't sound right. :S I think you know what I mean... that its fun when you get to meet in person finally!!! :)


  10. Welcome back Stacy! I am glad that you had a nice time.

    Right now, we are having a ton of snow and it is cold...okay not super cold but still chilly.

    Glad you are back!


Post a Comment