Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Wednesday, April 18, 2007:
Authors coming out of the closet...
I won't lie: I love the sizzling hot, sexy romances. You know, the ones about fulfilling fantasies and losing one's inhibitions in pursuit of pleasure. Not only do they provide a safe way to explore and learn about yourself by fueling your imagination and freeing you from the guilt of enjoying what previously may have been considered wrong or dirty, or maybe just too wild, but they are a hell of a lot of fun to read! I don't see anything wrong with indulging in a fantasy or two, and I'm happy to find that stories like this are becoming more and more acceptable, and much easier to find.
Recently, Toni Blake came out and admitted that she also wrote as erotic romance author Lacey Alexander. I had no idea, though it appears I may have only been one of very few who didn't know. Now, I love Toni's books, recently having finished "Swept Away", which was sexy and romantic and full of adventure. The cool thing is, I was also a fan of Lacey's books way before I knew it was actually Toni writing them. Find out that they are one and the same person was like icing on the cake. Here is a sampling of Lacey's books:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Paperback: 204 pages
Publisher: Ellora's Cave (July 31, 2004)
ISBN-10: 1419950118
ISBN-13: 978-1419950117

When Liz Marsh hires P.I. Jack Wade to find out if her fiancé is cheating on her, she has no idea she's about to embark upon a sexual odyssey through New Orleans' steamy French Quarter. Raised to be a prim, conservative woman, it takes Jack's sizzling sexuality to make Liz shed her old self and release the secret woman inside her, a woman who seeks every sensual adventure she can find. With Jack on her arm and the decadence of Bourbon Street beckoning, Liz's sexual daring knows no bounds.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Paperback: 272 pages
Publisher: Ellora's Cave (March 30, 2005)
ISBN-10: 1419951696
ISBN-13: 978-1419951695
Diana Marsh is trying to change her wicked ways and be the good girl her family has always wished for. But when a business trip takes her to Las Vegas, and straight into the arms of Marc Davenport, a man she's been flirting with via e-mail and phone for months, all bets are off.

The city's aura of sin lures Diana immediately – she decides this is her last chance to let all her inhibitions go and that Marc is just the sexy man to do it with.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Paperback: 293 pages
Publisher: Ellora's Cave (June 30, 2005)
ISBN-10: 1419951947
ISBN-13: 978-1419951947
Carrie Marsh is on her honeymoon in Key West – alone. After the devastation of discovering her fiancé with another woman on her wedding day, she thought the trip might relax her. She has no idea she'll be swept off her feet by sexy beach boy Chris McCann. Combine Chris's searing seductiveness with the island's legendary free-spirited debauchery, and before her vacation is through, Carrie will experience a stunning sexual awakening she's not ready to leave behind when the trip is over.


But Toni is not the only author who's been keeping secrets. Another one of my favorite authors, and my first ever interviewee, Janice Maynard , very recently admitted that she also writes the spicier stories as Elizabeth Scott, and "her" first book, released in January 2007, is called "Naughty Housewives", with another one called "Spin the Bottle" geared for October 2007. Here's a glimpse of Elizabeth's writing:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Paperback: 272 pages
Publisher: NAL Trade (January 2, 2007)
ISBN-10: 0451220382
ISBN-13: 978-0451220387
Three stories of uninhibited women who won't let marriage put an end to their sex lives.
Shelby has lost trust in her husband, Eric, whose one-night stand put their marriage on the rocks. One thing can save it: tit for tat. All Shelby wants is to even the score. But her perfect fling with a younger man comes with a shocking surprise-especially for Eric.
Lori is a bride with a problem. After only eighteen months, the honeymoon is over. Kent can be a dream between the sheets, but the quickies just aren't cutting it. Until Lori decides to set a new standard in low-down and dirty nights.
Dani has a great new husband in Trevor. Then she finds his nasty little secret-a stash of extreme European erotica. It's terribly forbidden. And totally irresistible. Something this good really needs to be shared.
Both of these authors are not only mega talented, but also sweet and gracious ladies who appreciate their fans and truly love what they do. I'm thrilled to be seeing them both in June and Lori Foster's Get-Together, where I can have them sign ALL their books. I couldn't be more proud of them, or be more excited to have more books from them to read. Especially the hot stuff. It totally rocks ;) Thank you, Toni and Janice, for keeping such wonderful secrets...and for finally sharing them with your fans.
What author revelation was "news" to you?
Do you enjoy erotic romance?
Would you follow a favorite author to a different genre?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments

  1. I forget who told me about Toni Blake being Lacey Alexander, but like you, I've always loved both authors. So it was very cool to me, too, when I found out they were one and the same. Come to think of it, it may have been at last year's get-together that I learned of the secret :)

    Love the Sin City series, BTW!

    Very cool about Janice Maynard, too! I had no idea that she was writing under another name.


  2. Lori, you were at last year's get-together? I had no idea. You going this year? And you knew back then??? I am sooo out of the loop LOL.


  3. Toni Blake is one of my favorite authors. I'd never read the Lacey books but as soon as I found out they were here, I grabbed them and devoured the Sex in the City series in one weekend. I haven't had the chance to read Janice's other books yet but I will!! I think its exciting these authors write both. Just goes to show you how talented they are. I wish I had a secret like that, LOL.


  4. I thought I commented yesterday? Obviously losing my mind LOL. I haven't read any real erotica, tomorrow I'm going to go get me some :)


Post a Comment