Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, December 25, 2006:
It's over already????
All the preparation and anticipation can never quite prepare me for the end of Christmas, especially when I have to be at work the next day. I always feel a little depressed afterwards - do you? It's not as bad as when I was a kid, and missed Santa Claus, but there's a bittersweet feeling that it's over, and won't be back for another year. I don't even feel this way on my birthday LOL. There's just something about this time of year....and the long, gloomy, dark and bitterly cold winter months ahead. Yep, I'm now depressed.
My Christmas was rather low-key this year, and I bought the gifts that are my favorite ones- my ipod and a new red Razr cellphone. I also got some bath & body sets, one was a cute little "Angel" purse with perfume and lotion from Victoria's Secret; holidays candles; a flavored coffee set; some books; gift cards to Starbucks and the bookstores; some holiday ornaments; a tiny purse; Fannie May chocolates; and a lovely bracelet. All in all, I'm pretty happy with my stash of goodies. So, how'd you make out? What kind of cool stuff did you get?

In other news, I've been read "The Slightest Provocation" by Pam Rosenthal, and I must concede with defeat that I am just not an intellectual reader. It's an okay read, but I feel like I should have been able to get more out of it. Something lacking on my part? I don't know. I read a bunch of glowing reviews, and I just decided that it didn't float my boat, so why worry about what other people thought? It's not going to make a bit of difference. I'll probably try and re-read it at some point, just because I believe a book like that is great for mature, lively discussion, but for now I just don't feel up to the task. Let me wallow in my superficiality for a bit longer.

Now I have to gear up my strength to go back to work tomorrow and let it be business as usual. No, I will not be going shopping tomorrow...maybe. But Tuesday I might hit a few stores. At least there's one more long weekend to look forward to!

Labels: ,

5 Comments

  1. I always feel that way after the holiday is over. There is so much excitment and build-up, than its gone so quickly. HOpe you had a great one.


  2. OK, so I'm late but I still wanted to say Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!

    ^_^

    *hugs*


  3. I *always* feel down in the dumps after Christmas. Not even shopping at all the after Christmas sales helps. To make matters worse, I have to clean up and store all the decorations I put up! Hope your Christmas was wonderful


  4. I did Kelley thanx. I loved hearing about your little girl's Christmas - what a cutie!

    Mailyn, hon, I've missed you - I'm so glad you stopped by. I hope your holiday was special. Take care, and I'll be keeping an eye on you, 'k?

    Jen, I hear you. It wasn't too bad today once I got to work and it got a bit busy, but it still wasn't the same as last week. And I hate cleaning! I'm waiting to take down the decorations until next week.


  5. Right now, I don't feel blue but more relieved. I don't think I adapt well to changes in a routine so even though I love Christmas I'm also okay with moving on.

    New Year's however, is not my favourite holiday - I find it depressing but I love January because all the stress is over and I can curl up in my cozy chair and read a great book!

    P.S. Your gifts sound grand!

    Cindys


Post a Comment