Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Wednesday, August 09, 2006:
I be tagged...
I am such a dork cuz this is my first time I'm the "tagee" and I'm all happy LOL. Here we go...
1). One book that changed by life
"Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon. It was a book that didn't avoid the messy, ugly and cruel side to life, and it made the love story between Clare and Jamie that more poignant and beautiful. I still get goosebumps thinking about that book and all the sequels.
2) One book I've read more than once
Suzanne Brockmann's "Kiss and Tell". It's a Loveswept from 1996, and it really gave readers a glimpse of her talent and what she was capable of with emotion. It's one of my favorite stories. Ever. Oh, and "Over the Edge" by her, too. I adore her books. And Sam *g*
3) One book I would want on a deserted island
Oh how unfair. Just one? Well, I'm going to choose either Judith McNaught's "Something Wonderful" or Lisa Kleypas' "Where Dreams Begin". Maybe sneak both of them with me.
4) One book that made me laugh
MaryJanice Davidson's "Undead and Unwed". It had been a long time since I'd read anything so funny, and I love her sense of humor. Betsy rocks.
5) One book that made me cry
"A Walk To Remember" (Nicholas Sparks?) even though I saw the ending coming. Oh, and "Where The Red Fern Grows". My 5th grade teacher read that to our class, but never finished telling us the story...not until the end of my 6th grade year. She had the class come back on our last day and she finished the book for us.
6) One book I wish I had written
Lucy Monroe's "Blackmailed Into Marriage". It deals with a serious condition many women suffer from, and I thought she handled it with care, sensitivity, and a positive outcome.
7) One book I wish had never been written
I didn't even think about this one because I saw Kelley's response and I had to agree with her. I don't believe in censorship, even if I don't like the subject matter. Not my call to tell other people what to read.
8) One book I am currently reading
LuAnn McLane's "Dark Roots and Cowboy Boots". And it is so much fun :)
9) One book I have been meaning to read
"Hot Water" by Kathryn Jordan
How 'bout I tag....Michelle B and Mailyn if she hasn't already been tagged 500 times LOL.

1 Comments

  1. I'm it again:) I'm just seeing this today as I've been totally out of blogland most of this week. I'll try to post my answers over the weekend!


Post a Comment