Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, October 04, 2010:
Booksigning: meeting debut mystery writer Joelle Charbonneau

Well this weekend I got to do something fun: meet a debut author from Chicago. Her name is Joelle Charbonneau, and she writes mysteries. Her first book, SKATING AROUND THE LAW, is set in a small town, and of course, around a roller rink. It sounds like a really fun series.

Joelle actually had this signing at a roller rink, which was a cool idea considering the setting of the book. It was fun for me since it was close by, and also because I saw many people I knew who attended the signing. 1 person bought 15 copies! Nothing like the support of family and friends to make an event successful.

And before you ask, no, I did not get out on there on skates. I am uncoordinated on the best of days, but I wasn't feeling too good on Saturday. But many people were there, enjoying themselves. It looked like a lot of fun.


I'm really looking forward to sitting down one day soon with this book and enjoying a good mystery, which admittedly I don't read too often these days. Sounds like a refreshing change of pace. Joelle, is was so lovely meeting you :)

Labels: ,

5 Comments

  1. What a fun idea! Sounds like everyone had a great time. ;)


  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend!


  3. Thanks so much for coming! It was great seeing you. I just wish we could have chatted longer!!


  4. I love going to local author book signings. Sounds like you had lots of fun. Adding Joelle's book to my TBR list. I love a good mystery.


  5. That sounds like a wonderful time. ANd OMG those skates are awesome.


Post a Comment