Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Friday, September 17, 2010:
Contest: win a signed copy of "Something About You" by Julie James

FATE HAS THROWN TWO SWORN ENEMIES. . .

Of all the hotel rooms rented by all the adulterous politicians in Chicago, female Assistant U.S. Attorney Cameron Lynde had to choose the one next to 1308, where some hot-and-heavy lovemaking ends in bloodshed. And of all the FBI agents in Illinois, it had to be Special Agent Jack Pallas who gets assigned to this high-profile homicide. The same Jack Pallas who still blames Cameron for a botched crackdown three years ago—and nearly ruining his career…

. . .INTO EACH OTHER’S ARMS

Work with Cameron Lynde? Are they kidding? Maybe, Jack thinks, this is some kind of welcome-back prank after his stint away from Chicago. But it’s no joke: the pair is going to have to put their rocky past behind them and focus on the case at hand. That is, if they can cut back on the razor-sharp jibes—and smother the flame of their sizzling-hot sexual tension…

Recently I won a signed copy of Julie's book on Facebook, but since I am lucky enough to already have one, I decided to offer this one up in a contest.

Simple rules: just respond to the contest question no later than noon CST on Friday, September 24th. Open to everyone. Must answer the question in order to qualify.

Question: Since one of the characters in Julie's book is an attorney, my question is:


What is your favorite law show and/or character?


Now you are free to go forth and enter :)

Good luck!

Labels: ,

23 Comments

  1. I used to love Law and Order. I bet I'm not the only one. :)


  2. The only law show I have watched is Law and order . I loved it!

    Misha
    mishamary@gmail.com


  3. I never really got into law shows. If I had to pick I'd say the original Law and Order because the acting was really good.

    lovemybabysquid@yahoo.com


  4. Law shows, not that fond of them any more, but I did love Ally McBeal :D

    blodeuedd1 at gmail dot com


  5. I loved L.A. Law. Yeah, I'm going waayyy back! LOL! L.A. Law was a great show with some nice eye candy (Blair Underwood and Harry Hamlin anyone?)I also liked Ally McBeal. Too bad it jumped the shark so damn soon!

    lovetoreadforfun(at)gmail(dot)com


  6. I never really got into the law TV shows, but I loved A Few Good Men..."YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH"

    Loved it!!!

    bookaddictpatti at cox dot net


  7. I liked Murder One.


  8. I don't really do law shows, since I tend to dislike procedurals (I am trying Outlaw this year though). But I will tell you my favorite lawyers - every character from The West Wing that was at some point a lawyer.


  9. I love Rick Castle. A mystery writer who gets to kill people for fun and profit.
    I think I have a crush on Rick Castel.


  10. I love The Good Wife and Julianna Margulies' character Alicia Florrick is fantastic. If you haven't seen it, you're missing a great show: "When sex and political corruption scandal lands her husband in jail, Alicia Florrick must get past the humiliation and betrayal and assume responsibility for her family. She resumes her career as a defense attorney by taking a junior associate`s post at a prestigious law firm."

    Barbed1951(at)aol(dot)com


  11. My most recent is "The Good Wife" but back in the 80's it was "LA LAW" that show was awesome. Ally McBeal was very intertaining too. Oh, and "Drop Dead Diva' is pretty good too. OMG, and I didn't even mention the Law & Order shows or CSI's.

    (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com


  12. Calab in LEAVING PARADISE was in jail i guess he counts....

    qbanchic@hotmail.com


  13. I like, like, like Castle! While it's been on hiatus, I've gotten into Tess Gerritsen's Rizzoli and Isles which I absolutely love. I really like Covert Affairs with Piper Perabo. There are a few newbies shows coming on this fall I think will be good too: Hawaii Five-O, Chase and Outlaw with Jimmy Smits. With so many new shows and my old favs coming back on, all I know is that I'm gonna need another DVR!


  14. Whoops forgot my email address, Lisa


    lisaglidewell[at]gmail[dot]com


  15. Law and Order special Victims. I love Stabler.

    loretta
    lbcanton@verizon.net


  16. Ally McBeal is the only law series I followed for a longer period. But I have watched a few episodes of The Good Wife and Drop Dead Diva. Nothing wrong with those either.

    ampohjal(at)mappi(dot)helsinki(dot)com


  17. Years ago I watched LA Law and then Law and Order.


  18. I was just discussing this with a friend... LA Law, maybe? I'm amused that Jimmy Smits is coming back to TV as a lawyer again (Outlaw).

    cories5[at]hotmail.com


  19. I do not watch any law shows and I cannot remember the last law book I read. We did watch a bit of Ally McBeal though.

    robin [at] intensewhisper [dot] com


  20. I too loved Ally McBeal. Never watched Law & Order.

    I rarely watch TV. I prefer to read.


  21. I liked Boston Legal until it went off the air. Loved that show.

    Please enter me in the giveaway

    justpeachy36@yahoo.com


  22. I liked the orginal Law and Order, but lost interest in it. Going to try watching the new one with Jimmy Smitts, Outlaw, hubby wants to watch it, so I guess I am too. lol

    kcychmistruk@gmail.com


  23. Ally McBeal hands down! :-D That's one of the reasons I became a lawyer :-) I wanted that collegial feeling they had at the firm, the nights at the bar, being able to work with your friends is great! I LOVE that show :-)

    Please enter me, this book sounds interesting, and I always love to read about attorneys and how they are portrayed in novels :-)

    Thanks for the giveaway Stacy!

    stella.exlibris (at) gmail (dot) com


Post a Comment