Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, December 28, 2009:
After the holidays.....

Morning all! Hope you survived the holidays :) My Christmas was fun but really low-key; spent it with friends, so it was quiet, but enjoyable. My kinda holidays.

How'd you make out with the gifts this year? I got a lot of giftcards (B&N, AMC movies, etc), and last night I found out I won a Maggiano's $20 giftcard on Twitter, so I made out quite well. My big gift to myself this year was my iPhone, which I got almost 2 months ago, but still consider it a Christmas present. I wanted to get a GPS but maybe next year....

Then I had to get Supernatural on DVD, so I got seasons 1-3, still waiting on season 4. Just can't get enough of those Winchester boys, especially Dean. I love how the series mixes it up with some funny and weird episodes alongside the more serious ones. I also like how they go back in Sam's & Dean's history, not just always going forward. I'm currently watching season 4 from Netflix while I wait (im)patiently for my boys to arrive at my doorstep.

Got a lot read this past weekend, at least a lot for me. Read 3 books - Lisa Kleypas' "Tempt Me At Twilight" (LOVED it); Sherry Thomas' "Delicious" (it was okay, not as sensual and erotic as I'd hoped); and Stephanie Tyler's "Hard To Hold" (loved it), a difficult read but one I couldn't put down. I'm so looking forward to her other books.

Movie-wise, other than Season 4 of Supernatural, I watched a sweet gem called "Bella", which I think I'll be posting the review for tomorrow. It was rather fitting for the spirit of the season.

Last but not least, I know I've mentioned a big contest coming up in just a few short days, and I have really no idea how it's going to go down. I'll think of something, I hope. It's my blog anniversary and I've almost reached 1,000 posts. I'm really excited that I stuck it out so long LOL. And so far, no plans to close up shop any time soon. I'm having too much fun! Thanx for hanging with me :)

So, how were your holidays?

Best gift?

Labels: ,

9 Comments

  1. Merry Christmas (belatedly), Stacy! I'm glad to hear you had a nice, if lowkey one. Mine was crazed, but that's how I expected it to be!

    I still need to pick up the Stephanie Tyler book. I've heard nothing but raves about it!

    Hope you have a very Happy New Year too!


  2. Merry Belated Christmas Stacy!!!

    I received gift cards to all my favorite stores.


  3. I have Hard to Hold on my TBR pile and I'm looking forward to reading it (I'm saving it for the Contemporary Romance Challenge ;)).
    O, I lurve the Winchester boys too and have the four seasons on DVD as well. I have this little crush on Dean *sigh*
    Enjoy watching!
    :)
    Janna


  4. I like the sound of your Christmas. Mine was about the same but with mainly family - lots of family.

    I received Supernatural season 4 as a gift but I need to get seasons 1-3 because (believe it or not) I haven't watched these shows. I have caught a show here and there but I always feel lost watching.

    Happy New Year!!!


  5. I'm glad to hear that you had a lovely day Stacy! Have fun spending your gift cards :)

    Favourite gift...none. I know, that sounds terrible, but I had one family member who gave me something I didn't want and another who spent my Christmas money on a CD for themselves... In a way it's actually funny. I think I'm going AWOL next year.


  6. I just bought Hard to Hold! Looking forward to it.

    I'm so excited that you are reaching 1,000 posts..how cool! WE should be throwing YOU a party!


  7. Our day was pretty lowkey as well. I got Brookstone's equivalent of the Snuggie (much nicer, plush fabric, and pretty tan color to match the couch, LOL). And I got a laptop desk for when I'm lounging around on the couch. It's perfect!

    And BTW, not sure if you've discovered the GPS on the iPhone yet. It doesn't talk to you, but it does everything else that GPS does. We've found that we often leave the GPS at home and just use the iPhone.


  8. I also got a B/N gift card (I think it's finally time to pick up Echo in the Bone), but I had to say -- your iPhone *has* GPS. You might already have whatcha need from that.


  9. Hi Stacy,
    My favorite thing for Christmas was gift cards to so I can buy an eReader when I get enough money saved up to buy it! Happy New Year!


Post a Comment