Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Saturday, September 05, 2009:
Weekend ramblings...
Photobucket


I really should be posting the winner of "Practice Makes Perfect" by Julie James, but I'm saving that for tomorrow. Tonight I just felt like rambling on.

I love chatting it up with the cool people over at Twitter. Those ladies sure are dangerous to my budget though, but I'm not complaining. I am forever in their debt for introducing me to Karen Marie Moning's Dream books. What a freakin' awesome series. And while I'm holding off on reading book #3, I've finally started diving into Nalini Singh's books. I re-read Slave to Sensation, finished Visions of Heat (ooooh Vaughn) and am now enjoying Caressed by Ice. I am knee-deep in paranormal fever, and loving the hell out of it.


Photobucket

I went looking for a dress yesterday (Friday) for an upcoming wedding, and wow, what a disappointment. I was trapped somewhere between prom dress hell and matronly mother-of-the-bride selections. No pretty, tasteful, fun dresses to be had. I went to Nordstrom's, Macy's, even hit Sears and JCPenney's before I crashed and burned. Tried on a few, but it wasn't pretty. I might have to go the online route. Nordstrom's actually has a fabulous online selection and even recommendations based on body type. I'll probably order a few and see what happens. The only time I looked good in a dress was when I wore my bridesmaid's dress a few years ago, but since it's the same color as the wedding party, probably not the way to go. I will perservere!

And my big weekend consists of watching "Last of the Mohicans" for the first time. Have heard good things about it, just never watched. Released in 1992. I think it's gonna be a trip. I vaguely remember the previews, and am anticipating the sadness, because really, what else can you expect in this kinda movie. Just don't tell me, 'k. Let me find out on my own.

Well, time to get back to reading. There's nothing better than being in the middle of a tremendously enjoyable book glom....


What are you up to this fine holiday weekend?

Labels:

11 Comments

  1. Do you have an Anthropologie by you? they have adorable dresses, though not in *my* size (feh).

    Glad you're liking the changelings! Wait 'til you get to Branded, OMG, too hot.


  2. I'm reading Caressed by Ice too! And I have the fourth part waiting after I finish with Judd and Brenna. What a lovely series!


  3. All my blog hopping is where I find all the books to kill my budget. I spent yesterday watching college football with friends and am going to see Wicked this afternoon. Tomorrow I plan on spending my day reading. I'm trying to get through a couple of books in my TBR pile this weekend.


  4. I'm spending my sunday in the kitchen. The weather is really chilly here in France. It's the perfect time to make pumpkin soup and fresh bread ;-)


  5. I love KMM - glad you found her books! I read the first two Nalini Singh books and I'm liking them so far too.

    Dress shopping = bleh. Good luck!


  6. Hey Stacy, I am going to spend my time reading, trying to lower my TBR bookshelves. I am just gonna do something for me. Blogging is on the list too, so that will be my day. I actually start doing stuff for opening day of school tomorrow, and I am so not relishing the thought of that.

    Enjoy "Last of the Mohicans." The only thing I remember about it is that Daniel Day Lewis is in it. lol!

    Peace and love,
    Paula R.


  7. Oh, I hate dress shopping! Actually, I don't like wearing dresses - period. I have a wedding to go to in October and I'll be trying to find something soon also - I'm dreading it with a capitol D.

    I plan on starting the Psy/Changeling series soon myself, it's talked about in glowing terms just the same as the Fever series.

    I'm going to organize my book shelves, they've gotten out hand lately. Gee, between blog hopping and Twitter, I wonder why? *grins*


  8. Dress shopping is one of the hardest things ever!

    I am off to a cookout. Yay me. Probably the last of the summer.


  9. Oh yay, you are liking the changelings! I do so love that series.

    Dress shopping is awful. Shopping in general can be depressing as hell. Good luck with the online route. I hope you find something perfect!


  10. oooh, i can't wait to see how you liked Last of the Mohicans! I think I watched that movie more than 25 times in high school. Had a MEGA crush on the two male lead characters. heh.


  11. I just finished reading BRANDED BY FIRE and I loved it. Interestingly, it made me want to re-read CARESSED BY ICE. Judd and Brenna's story is definitely one of my absolute favorites. =)


Post a Comment